I am loving these Tree Braids!

[ QUOTE ]
bollyhair said:
WHY IS DONTSPEAKDEFEAT THE BOMB???
notworthy.gif
notworthy.gif
I appreciate that you always give out step-by-step information and all the DETAILS. When I was looking at your 1st couple of pics of the tree braids, I was thinking, "What kind of hair did she use?" and then scrolled down a bit more and,....
trampoline.gif
, WALLAH! There's a very CLEAR oicture of the hair that you used, not just BRAND, but COLOR and PRICE as well! Girl, you are truly the bomb!
weird.gif
weird.gif
weird.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
bettydavis said:
DSD I loooove these braids!! I just bought some hair and I would love to get my sister to try this method. I have a couple questions... Are pieces of extensions knotted around your own hair as she braids down? Or did she do the cornrows first and then add the hair?

The style looks awesome on you....thanks for sharing these pics!!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks BettyDavis!

Girl, you hit the nail on the head! That's exactly how!

Looking great DSD!! If I ever try those it'd be because it seems to take less time to get done than regular individuals
PS: nice smile
smile.gif

DSD,

I told my best friend, but we have questions. Did you get them done in Lithonia? Did she cut your hair into this shape or is this the shape it took on naturally? How do you take care of them? Do you air dry and the curls just return? Can you use spiral rods or other rollers to change the look a bit?

TIA!!!

OOOOOO I C, it took a couple of times before I figured out the process. It looks really good on you. I'm sure that's very heathly for your hair since it doesn't have the glue, thread, tools or anything else which may cause breakage.
smile.gif

Great look dsd!! Congrats, I'm really loving those!!

Anyone know any stylist in New York/New Jersey that can do Tree Braids?

[ QUOTE ]
MindTwister said:
Looking great DSD!! If I ever try those it'd be because it seems to take less time to get done than regular individuals
PS: nice smile
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you! It takes about 2 1/2 to 4 hours depending on the braider.

[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:
DSD,

I told my best friend, but we have questions. Did you get them done in Lithonia? Did she cut your hair into this shape or is this the shape it took on naturally? How do you take care of them? Do you air dry and the curls just return? Can you use spiral rods or other rollers to change the look a bit?

TIA!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't get them done in Lithonia. I got them done in Decatur. She didn't cut my hair into that shape it just kind of ended up that way. She did cut the back even. I just use braid spray on a daily basis to moisturize. You can change the look if you get it braided with human hair, otherwise you can buy different types of hair to have braided in.

This looks so good. I have never seen hair done like this. I'm going to see if I can find someone to do this for me. I've been looking for a no hassle summer style and this may just work.

DSD your hair looks awesome!!!! The style looks like it takes forever! What a new and exciting concept. Maybe I'll try it if i have an extra year-and-a-half of free time.

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:
DSD,

TIA!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't get them done in Lithonia. I got them done in Decatur. She didn't cut my hair into that shape it just kind of ended up that way. She did cut the back even. I just use braid spray on a daily basis to moisturize. You can change the look if you get it braided with human hair, otherwise you can buy different types of hair to have braided in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks DSD!!! My friend is going to Atl later this summer and was thinking about getting it done there. I'll PM you when she's ready. TIA!

Love the hair! I'd never heard of tree braids before. When I saw them, they look the same and look like they are done the same way as interlocking. That's what we call them where I'm at instead of tree braids.

DSD,
notworthy.gif
have I ever told you you're my favorite guinea pig?
laugh.gif
Not only do you check things out for me, you also give the best demos and descriptions. And talk of knowing what looks good and then making it look even better when you wear it!!! YOU GO, Girl!

looks great DSD, very pretty, and such a pretty smile!!! the front edges look kinda tight, do they hurt? please dont let nothin to happen to your precious edges girl ( please dont be upset i said it, i just was worried about that for you) .....but yes, thats definitely a very beautiful style girl...i can bet your gettin tons of compliments
smile.gif

OMG! SO SO CUTE! What happens when you wash your hair? How does that process go and does the hair pop back into it's wavy state?

[ QUOTE ]
SilkyandSmooth said:
Wow! Your braids look great! I love the color.

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO

Chichi
bdance.gif

What a great style. It looks like it would very gentle to your own hair. I bet you're going to have a hair growth boom at the end of the two months.

I really like this a lot...I just took out my kinky twists and this is the next style I will try... only if I can find someone who will do it in NY for $120.00
Nice job.

Back