I am loving these Tree Braids!

Your braids are too beautiful. I'm already looking into some videos teaching this method so I can do it myself. I'm a do it myselfer!!!

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
Thanks Ladies! I love the tree braids because they look more like a style than braided hair.

Let me see if I can describe it. The hair is braided back into cornrows and in the mist of doing so the extension hair is only knotted in and pulled through. Instead of braiding the hair in as with regular cornrows the hair is left hanging out to form a style. I hope that makes sense.

Cat Eyed Cutie, the hair i used is synthetic and it lasts about 2 months. None of my natural hair is left out. It is all braided into cornrows.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay "Dont Speak Defeat"
I know how to crochet braid. Is this the same thing?? Cause when you crochet braid. You braid your natural hair in cornrows. Then you take the Prebraided hair, and feed it into your cornrows using a "Crochet Needle"

If this is the same process, and I think it is...I was going to "Crochet Braid" my hair once using the "Loose Hair" like you have, instead of the "prebraided hair" , but I was afraid the "loose hair" would tangle..

Let us know how your hair works out. I am curious to try it again on myself.
By the way..Your hair is beautiful
grin.gif

Wow! Have you ladies ever seen someones head swell and float up just like a balloon. That is what my head is doing. It's so big I won't be able to fit it through the door. Thanks for all the compliments.
grin.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
nonie said:
DSD,
notworthy.gif
have I ever told you you're my favorite guinea pig?
laugh.gif
Not only do you check things out for me, you also gives the best demos and descriptions. And talk of knowing what looks good and then making it look even better when you wear it!!! YOU GO, Girl!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Nonie! You always have that magical way of making me smile!

[ QUOTE ]
KaramelKendra said:
I took a look at your site too ,and gurl ...I love it!,I spent half an hour to loook at all the pictures..lol..
grin.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow! Thank you. I feel honored!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
SweetNic_JA said:
DSD your hair looks awesome!!!! The style looks like it takes forever! What a new and exciting concept. Maybe I'll try it if i have an extra year-and-a-half of free time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks! Even though it make look easy to do, it is not. I am a self braider and it would take me a while to master this one before I could wear it in public.
laugh.gif
Good Luck to you!
wink.gif

Those are TOO cute. I'm afraid to get my hair done professionally. I always managed to get it ripped out. I want some though.
frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
looks great DSD, very pretty, and such a pretty smile!!! the front edges look kinda tight, do they hurt? please dont let nothin to happen to your precious edges girl ( please dont be upset i said it, i just was worried about that for you) .....but yes, thats definitely a very beautiful style girl...i can bet your gettin tons of compliments
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks!

Yes girl, they are tight. The first day I had to take some advil to ghet rid of my tension headache but I am fine now. I did have 2 months work of newgrowth under there so I hope that helps out a little. I could never get mad at someone showing concern. Thanks a bunch. And yes the compliments and stares are coming in full force. I have never seen so many double take from men or women in my life!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
soslychic said:
OMG! SO SO CUTE! What happens when you wash your hair? How does that process go and does the hair pop back into it's wavy state?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!

I won't be able to wash as often as I like. The hair stretches out just a bit when wet. When it is dry it goes back to the look in the pic.

[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:
[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:
DSD,

I told my best friend, but we have questions. Did you get them done in Lithonia? Did she cut your hair into this shape or is this the shape it took on naturally? How do you take care of them? Do you air dry and the curls just return? Can you use spiral rods or other rollers to change the look a bit?

TIA!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't get them done in Lithonia. I got them done in Decatur. She didn't cut my hair into that shape it just kind of ended up that way. She did cut the back even. I just use braid spray on a daily basis to moisturize. You can change the look if you get it braided with human hair, otherwise you can buy different types of hair to have braided in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks DSD!!! My friend is going to Atl later this summer and was thinking about getting it done there. I'll PM you when she's ready. TIA!

[/ QUOTE ]

OK!

[ QUOTE ]
OnceUponAtime said:
What a great style. It looks like it would very gentle to your own hair. I bet you're going to have a hair growth boom at the end of the two months.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! I hope I get that boom you are talking about. I sure need it!

[ QUOTE ]
Wildflower said:
Your braids are too beautiful. I'm already looking into some videos teaching this method so I can do it myself. I'm a do it myselfer!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! That's great that you want to try it yourself. Good Luck!

[ QUOTE ]
Rainy101 said:
[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
Thanks Ladies! I love the tree braids because they look more like a style than braided hair.

Let me see if I can describe it. The hair is braided back into cornrows and in the mist of doing so the extension hair is only knotted in and pulled through. Instead of braiding the hair in as with regular cornrows the hair is left hanging out to form a style. I hope that makes sense.

Cat Eyed Cutie, the hair i used is synthetic and it lasts about 2 months. None of my natural hair is left out. It is all braided into cornrows.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay "Dont Speak Defeat"
I know how to crochet braid. Is this the same thing?? Cause when you crochet braid. You braid your natural hair in cornrows. Then you take the Prebraided hair, and feed it into your cornrows using a "Crochet Needle"

If this is the same process, and I think it is...I was going to "Crochet Braid" my hair once using the "Loose Hair" like you have, instead of the "prebraided hair" , but I was afraid the "loose hair" would tangle..

Let us know how your hair works out. I am curious to try it again on myself.
By the way..Your hair is beautiful
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!

It's the same concept but no tool is used except the braider's hands. The synthetic hair is added in as the natural hair is braided back into cornrows. So, it is not 2 steps but one. Everything is done all at once.

I like it, DSD!

That's a look I'd like to have on my flat ironed hair. Thanks for sharing your pics.
smile.gif

are they only referred to as "tree braids"? I just want to know, just in case I ask someone to do this for me. That looks GREAT.

Well done DSD!!! I see why you are getting all the double takes. It is a very sexy hair style. --kc

Thanks Kasey!

[ QUOTE ]
Leshia said:
are they only referred to as "tree braids"? I just want to know, just in case I ask someone to do this for me. That looks GREAT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone else has called them tree weave.

Okay, I am amazed at what I see! I just took out a weave and I was unhappy with the sewing and the tracks. This procedure I like! I live in New York. I wonder if we have this here? It looks so nice.

Girl, if you find someone in New York City, let a sistah know, please PM me and I will do the same. I am going to start looking around.

[ QUOTE ]
kasey said:
Well done DSD!!! I see why you are getting all the double takes. It is a very sexy hair style. --kc

[/ QUOTE ]
smile.gif
smile.gif

Your braids are awesome. I'm going to pm you for the salon and braider contact info.
smile.gif

DON'T SLEEP ON DSD! You are truly the BOMB!
trampoline.gif
Pics look wonderful on you! I hope you don't mind me stealing this idea soon!
smile.gif

Back