I big chopped…the entire back of my head!

charmtreese

Has anyone else ever done this? I’m about 6 months post relaxer and for the past month or so I’ve been wearing my hair in a phony afro puff, well a few nights ago I was in a premenstrual tizzy while detangling my hair and went for the scissors. Before I knew it I had BC the entire back of my head.
For the past couple of days I’ve just been pulling the front back and wearing the phony afro puff. I have about 2 to 3 inches of NG back there and I’m using this time to find out what my natural hair likes before I cut the rest off. I’m Thinking about going for the gusto and cutting it all in March or so, I would like to have at least 4 to 5 inches before I BC it all.

Me! I cut off the relaxed ends off the back about 3 months before I finally cut off the rest. lol. it was an interesting look. I just kept it braided up with extensions.

This is too funny...I kind of just did this two days ago. I'm wearing a weave right now and I left out hair in the back. I have about 2 inches of natural hair and the rest were scraggly relaxed ends. I went ahead and chopped it off

...I guess I did it to solidify my transition. I wanted to see my texture. I thought I was weird for doing it :lol:

Me! I cut off the relaxed ends off the back about 3 months before I finally cut off the rest. lol. it was an interesting look. I just kept it braided up with extensions.

LOL!! Yeah, It looks like I have a reversed mullet.:look:

This is too funny...I kind of just did this two days ago. I'm wearing a weave right now and I left out hair in the back. I have about 2 inches of natural hair and the rest were scraggly relaxed ends. I went ahead and chopped it off

...I guess I did it to solidify my transition. I wanted to see my texture. I thought I was weird for doing it :lol:

Yayyyy, Im not alone!!! When I showed my mom she was like :perplexed:blush::grin:.

I used to do this all the time with my locs. I wanted to see what my hair would do/look like out. It was not helpful as the back is verrry loose and it gets tighter/kinkier as I go towards the front!

I sort of did that except I had mine cut into a short style. The front was relaxed and the back half was shaved. I then transitioned the front while the back was natural. While it grew I would slick back the front until I grew a puff in the back.

Pick me! I did at around 6 months post and it was at the very back. It was super easy for me to hide, I just tucked it in the rest of my hair and wore buns and headbands. I wanted to experiment with my hair so that I wouldn't be clueless as to what my natural hair liked after the BC. I would try out different gels, conditioners, leave-ins. It was great! lol I would recommend doing that for all transitioners. Just pick an inconspicuous place and get to hackin lol.

Yep :yep: I did exactly this, but I cut the front to about chin length so the hair covered the back and looked like a really full bob. I finished the job in the front 7 or so months later. In the meantime, I snatched what remaining hair I could to attach to a phony bun :drunk:.

Has anyone else ever done this? I’m about 6 months post relaxer and for the past month or so I’ve been wearing my hair in a phony afro puff, well a few nights ago I was in a premenstrual tizzy while detangling my hair and went for the scissors. Before I knew it I had BC the entire back of my head.
For the past couple of days I’ve just been pulling the front back and wearing the phony afro puff. I have about 2 to 3 inches of NG back there and I’m using this time to find out what my natural hair likes before I cut the rest off. I’m Thinking about going for the gusto and cutting it all in March or so, I would like to have at least 4 to 5 inches before I BC it all.

Lol...you're right nonie! I just ordered a new camera to track my new journey...my cell phone takes awful pictures. I'll have pics next week. :)

ahh the half big chop. tee hee hee. you know what's coming next. Go for it. :grin:

Here are pics of my partial big chop. :look:

Attachments

• FotoFlexer_Photo.jpg
    FotoFlexer_Photo.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 69
  • SAM_0017.jpg
    SAM_0017.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 61
I did this when I was transitioning too. About a week later I big chopped the rest lol. I was about 8 months post relaxer.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using LHCF

Back