I Big Chopped My Daughter's Hair!!

NYCQT16

Natural Again
Her hair looks awesome!!! She is so brave and you did a great job. I see now why people recommended cutting it wet.

I wish I could go natural but I guess I'm just not 100% ready *sigh*

jainygirl

DSD you did an excellent job on your daughters transition, her hair is beautiful :bouncy: This seals it, you have GOT to be the LHCF pro -supreme :). You excel at all things hair i swear it :kiss:. -- jainygirl

BobbieDoll

NYCQT16 said:
Her hair looks awesome!!! She is so brave and you did a great job. I see now why people recommended cutting it wet.

I wish I could go natural but I guess I'm just not 100% ready *sigh*

Same here I'm such a big chicken. Maybe one day I'll get the courage to do it. DSD you daughter's hair is beautiful.

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
DSD, you did a phenomenal job on your daughter's hair! It looks great, she's gonna be up all night playing in it.....I hope you realize that....lol. She's a trooper, that's great she feels comfortable at her age to do that....I know that's all because of your great guidance:)

Peachtree

:woot: :yay: :woot:

I was going through ur album last week, looking to see if u have any updated pics of ur baby's transitioning hair... I didn't see any. Now, today, I logged in & found ur "big chop" thread!!!

I am sooo excited for both u & ur daughter. Her curls are tooo pretty!!! I'm also very happy that she embraces her natural hair... ((( and at such a sweet young age ))). Took me 18 yrs to embrace mine... just wish I hadda done it sooner!!

hopeful

Oh my goodness DSD, her hair is beautiful! I almost teared up. Thanks so much for sharing this special moment with us. You and your daughter are awesome!

MrsQueeny

That is so great DSD. Your daughter and mine could be hair twins!!! She is rocking braids right now but when I take them out she usually wears 2 puffs on the side and she loves it. I am really going to focus on her this summer and get it growing so that it will be close to it's previous length before school starts. Take care Queneesha

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
Wow her hair looks great! :) I noticed when I BC'd my hair i seemed to have a lot more natural than relaxed too. Of course I did have a lil breakage from not detangling when I was getting used to the two textures. I still have the hair, I was gonna take a pic of it and put it in my journal (something only you ladies would understand) but I havent gotten around to it.

I'm sure shes going to love her natural hair and its wonderful that she has enough length to pull back.

zigzag1

dontspeakdefeat said:
Well everyone, I big chopped my daughter's hair this afternoon. She is doing just fine and she loves her natural hair!

I cut off about 7 inches of length.

I have pics in my album if you want to see!

http://public.fotki.com/dontspeakdefeat/my_daughters_hair/the_big_chop/

Thanks everyone for all your support and advice!! :kiss:

WOW DSD - BC 7 inches of hair your daughters hair looks gorgeous. As for your hair it is out of this world. Good going:notworthy