I Braided My Hair!!!

Stormy

I updated my album with new braid pics. Check 'em out!

JenJen2721

Girl, they look very nice!!! Details, please! How long did they take? What type of hair is that? I can't believe you did those yourself! They look awesome!

Stormy

Thanks ladies!

Jen, I split the process up in two days so that I wouldn't tire myself out too badly. I think it was 10 hours total. I used human hair. The Diamond Wet-N-Wavy kind.

pressncurl

10 hours
If only it had taken half as long, I would have been trying to figure out how to do these myself. My arms have been about to fall off when I've spent 3 hours doing twists.
Yours look great though! Let me know how long they last for you.

Kitkat

Stormy, your braids look great!! That's an excellent job. I don't think 10 hours is long at all, considering you did them yourself. You saved so much money doing it yourself. Do you usually braid your own hair, or was this your first time?

martie

Stormy
I LOVE YOUR BRAIDS!
I spend so much on my braids and i tired of my braider braiding too tight. I'm going to try and do my own braids and save $150. GREAT JOB.

Stormy

You all are making me blush! Thank you so much!

No 10 hours really didn't feel like it was that long because I split the process up in two days. I took breaks in between too. Years ago it used to take me 12 hours or more! Sometimes I can get it done in 8 with larger braids. Yes I always braid my own hair. I save a lot of money and I can take my time picking my own human hair. The good stuff.
It's well worth it and I still save more money than I would going to a salon. Really, the main reason I don't go to the salon is because they braid too tight. I've seen toooooo many sistahs walking around with bald hairlines. I don't want that.
I've heard of other things that don't sound right to me too.

I usually wear my braids for 6-8 weeks.

sweetcocoa

Hey Stormy I really like your braids! I recommended a video from this site to a co-worker and now she is doing her own braids. She said she couldn't afford to pay to have them done anymore. I'm going to borrow it from her and learn how to do them myself.
Looking good girl!

keke

Those braids are very nice. How did you lock the fake hair in2 your hair? That is the only problem i have i cant seem to do that, i mean i have but that part is too big. How do you make it nice and small and stay in the hair? Is there a website that can show u how to do it?

garr6982

These look great! I wish I had the time to do my own braids. I've bought the Crown & Glory technique braiding video, a mannequin head and some 99 cents synthetic hair to practice on but I don't even have time for that
!

Stormy

Well, keke it's kinda hard for me to explain it. You just twist the hair around your own hair, or you can do a small loop. I've been doing it for so long till I can show people how to do it better than explain.

garr6982 I've heard her video is excellent! Very easy to follow. She uses the twist method I think.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
The twist method: I have the hair lady video!

Take a strand of hair and hold it in one hand. Take the braid hair and drape it over your natural hair. Sort of like drapping a sheet over a clothes line. Twist the braid hair around your natural hair and follow a natural braid pattern. It is so very simple anyone can learn to do this. When your hair starts to run out borrow some of the braid hair so you can be able to braid all the way down.
HTH

ngaa

wow stormy soon u'll be chargin ppl for braidin their hair
how long do u intend to keep them in for?? are u doin the crown and glory technic?? how often do u wash them??