I burned my face with hot conditioner.....

luxe.li.

So I have been trying to revitalize my edges. I'm assuming the coarse-ness and the rebellion is from heat damage, so I picked up some ORS today, and I warmed it up in the microwave, but left it in too long. I should of known when it started to pop. So I'm on my way to getting ready to go to school, and I take my rat-tail comb, scoop up some conditioner to apply to my edges first, and burnt my *#&#@& face with the conditioner......:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I don't know why I'm posting this, but it just made me wanna tell somebody!

But I've been doing my research on the topic of Edges.....I see and read alot of posts about thin or bald around the edges.....not really my problem......

My edges grow, but I'm just trying to take better care of them because they make and break my wash and go's.......

Omgoodness i am so sorry this happened to you. Hope the damage is not too bad. I have been using the minoval (from reviewing old posts) to my edges and really like the improvement. Goggled it and found it online. Please be careful and heal your burn first before trying something else.

It is only in one spot where the conditioner dripped off the comb onto my face, but I know it'll be a burn mark soon. Honestly that conditioner was too hot, you know how you bump your face with the curling iron?? hotter than that.....

Ugh :( Be careful. I hope you're okay. I am of the school that conditioner doesn't need to be heated anyway. So know that you'll be getting the same benefit from room temp. conditioner, and depending on your conditioner ingredients you might actually be ruining any benefit by heating it.

I don't see any benefit from heating conditioner before use. Just use it straight up, you can always try on a heating cap or go under the dryer

luxe.li, Sorry about the mishap. If you have some neosporin, rub it on the spot as often as it crosses your mind, or whenever you don't feel the neosporin anymore (the burn feels dry). It should help you avoid a mark.

Ugh :( Be careful. I hope you're okay. I am of the school that conditioner doesn't need to be heated anyway. So know that you'll be getting the same benefit from room temp. conditioner, and depending on your conditioner ingredients you might actually be ruining any benefit by heating it.

I agree with this.

Back