I can't Braid or twist, but I want a TWIST out look.

shellzfoshizzle

What else can I do?

I tried to do a twist out and all the methods failed. I tried to braid box braids and they came unbraided even though I braided them tightly. I was hesitant to braid because my hair would get knotted. And there is no way I can braid flat to my scalp.

ThEn

I tried to twist some flat twists...they are tight and came unravelled. Then I tried to twist with them hanging down, and they came untwisted with the quickness. Even my bantu knots came undone. I don't want to buy a crimping iron because I don't like heat unless I'm sitting under the dryer. What are my other options to acheive this look?

mscounselor

Let me know about the braids as well. I just tried to cornrow my hair and it just kept getting tangled...I didn't want to hear anymore snapping so I just roller set.

Hope you get some responses.

Porsche19

You can get a cute curly look using perm rods. Not the same as a twist out or briad out, but in the same ball park.

Isis

You can also get pretty waves in minutes that look like a twist out with steam rollers, like Caruso (it's completely safe and moisturizing). The manual that comes with it has instructions on this kind of curl, which is basically winding a lock of hair on a steamed roller. It really works! :yep:

GodMadeMePretty

Just curious - what did you put on the ends of your braids and twists? That's key to their not coming loose. You can put perm rods on the ends. Just roll 2-3 braids or twists on the same rod. I had that same problem (when I still had relaxed ends) until I put the rods on the ends. Now that I'm natural, my hair will stay curled around itself without the need for rods.