I can't get to the root...

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
I need tips on how to get my new growth straight when I am flat ironing.

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Ladybug33

I wanna know too.

I have heard about this expensive hair tool that helps you get the new growth. It was recently mentioned (sorry I forget the name)

You may want to do a search

Angelicus

Hey sweetie,

I have a regular CHI Flat Iron. For years, I wasn't the best stylist when it came to using it. After watching 3 or 4 flat ironing techniques on Youtube.com, I was able to get the hang of it. I have hair strands that are 12-15 inches long, plus my hair is thick. It's really hard to get to the new growth sometimes.

1. I always roller set my hair first. I roll my hair up like the Dominicans. I use a rattail comb to have a smooth set.

2. The sections are always about 1in x 1in

3. I hold the flat iron with both hands while ironing the hair. I stop at the demarcation point.

How long is your hair? You might need a smaller iron. I wonder if the WeeCHI is still available. :scratchch

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
my hair is neck length. I am going to check out youtube now

Hey sweetie,

I have a regular CHI Flat Iron. For years, I wasn't the best stylist when it came to using it. After watching 3 or 4 flat ironing techniques on Youtube.com, I was able to get the hang of it. I have hair strands that are 12-15 inches long, plus my hair is thick. It's really hard to get to the new growth sometimes.

1. I always roller set my hair first. I roll my hair up like the Dominicans. I use a rattail comb to have a smooth set.

2. The sections are always about 1in x 1in

3. I hold the flat iron with both hands while ironing the hair. I stop at the demarcation point.

How long is your hair? You might need a smaller iron. I wonder if the WeeCHI is still available. :scratchch