I CONFESS.......

darlingdiva

1. I've gone back to using sulfate shampoos every week b/c I need to remove the cones from the Sabino or else nothing will be able to penetrate my hair. Not using the Sabino isn't an option because I am not going to walk around looking like a frizzball.

2. I've been blowdrying my hair on low/cool every week with the comb attachment. I NEED the comb attachment in my life. The blow drying tension method doesn't stretch my hair enough.

3. I don't know if heat protectant is recommended when blow drying on low/cool, but I don't use any. I've been using Darcy's Botanicals Curl Detangling Milk + Opal Hue's Honey Love Pomade.

4. I put a little of the shampoo on my hair when I wash it because products build up on my fine strands easily & I refuse to believe that simply letting the shampoo run down my hair during the rinse process removes all of the build-up.

5. I plan on flat-ironing my hair at least once a month when the weather gets cooler. I recently remembered that I had no single-strand knots when my hair was straight all the time. These single-strand knots are driving me UP THE WALL!!!

-I wash my hair in sections
-I keep my hair in twists & wear twistouts six times a month at most
-I am pretty good with moisturizing and sealing my ends
- I ALWAYS sleep with a silk scarf or satin bonnet,
-I comb my hair from the ends to the roots and I am gentle,
- I only use seamless combs,
- I've been dusting monthly as needed,
-I DC with heat every time I wash my hair (I only do it for 15 minutes because my hair will start to break if it is too moisturized)
-The products that I use have "good" ingredients and they seem to work for my hair

But these single-strand knots will not go away, and I am tired of fighting them. I know that, for the most part, naturals get knots, but the amount of knots that I have is ridiculous.

@ bebezazueta: Your hair looks GOOD!

@ the grease users: I hear you! I have Dax Light Pomade (blue grease), Dax Curling Wax & the Dax Pressing Grease. I plan to use the light pomade if I ever do a braidout this summer.

Lynnerie

I confess... I sealed my ends with BB hair grease (the one that is green and smells like coconuts) And it has decreased my single stranded knots.

I confess.. I'm not feeling the inbetween stage of being natural. My hair is not short but not long and my wash n gos aren't cute anymore. But I'm gonna keep pressing on.

SvelteVelvet

You know dern well these ain't your confessions and more like your random thoughts. There is a thread for that. These sentences look like some grade school kid got the definition of confession wrong. :lachen:

i confess, that black women are mistaken to think that indian remy wavy weave hair looks natural sewn/glued onto their head.

i confess that i do think most bw are ashamed of their natural textured hair. and that is the reason they use chemical relaxers.

i confess that type 1 hair smells like a dirty dog when its wet.

i confess that some folks are passing off a weave as their hair on certain hair boards.

Bublin

You know dern well these ain't your confessions and more like your random thoughts. There is a thread for that. These sentences look like some grade school kid got the definition of confession wrong. :lachen:

Yep. This is not a Random Thought thread. Its supposed to be about what we are doing to our hair that we are 'not
supposed' to be doing yet our hair is still thriving. Keep to the topic ladies. Im liking most of the comments as i might try some of them myself.

darlingdiva

I confess... I sealed my ends with BB hair grease (the one that is green and smells like coconuts) And it has decreased my single stranded knots.

I confess.. I'm not feeling the inbetween stage of being natural. My hair is not short but not long and my wash n gos aren't cute anymore. But I'm gonna keep pressing on.

You guys keep talking about this. I must try it. I'll do anything to get rid of those FLIPPING KNOTS!!!!!!!!!

simplyhair

I tend to let my hair go and do not take care of it after the 6th or 7th week.

I also have a small tub of grease I bought at the Dollar Store. It's a name brand, I can't recall the name off the top of my head. But the ingredients looked sooo good (Mango, Shea, etc)...and the color was orange. Too pretty and yummy!

Last edited:

Orissa081

I confess that I really want to relax my edges ( around the hairline) I'm tied of using tons of gel and a scarf to keep the edges tamed.

I confess that I'm afraid that if I do relax my edges the natural nazi's will crucify me.

I confess that I'm ready to shave it all off.

LovelyNaps26

I confess that I don't cowash and probably never will. I only like to get my whole head wet once a week.
I confess that once I reach MBL i may start gently heat training my hair (blowdry bi-monthly w/heat protectant)
i confess that i have ripped out single strand knots 'cause sometimes those buggers annoy me to no end.

ms.blue

I confess that I don't cowash and probably never will. I only like to get my whole head wet once a week.
I confess that once I reach MBL i may start gently heat training my hair (blowdry bi-monthly w/heat protectant)
i confess that i have ripped out single strand knots 'cause sometimes those buggers annoy me to no end.

I'm guilty of this also.

tapioca_pudding

I confess that I think I'm over my "natural journey". :look:

I confess that if/when I do relax, I will be double processed, because I love color. :look:

I confess that I have stayed natural this long because I was afraid of what ppl would say about me relaxing again, the "natural nazis" and what not. Now I just don't give a ****. :look:

I confess that next week I will prolly be all in love with my natural hair again. :look: :lachen:

nikolite

i confess, that black women are mistaken to think that indian remy wavy weave hair looks natural sewn/glued onto their head.

i confess that i do think most bw are ashamed of their natural textured hair. and that is the reason they use chemical relaxers.

i confess that some folks are passing off a weave as their hair on certain hair boards.

Zang! :ohsnap: :giggle:

I confess that I've busted out with the hair grease many times before, and I still keep a jar of Indian Hemp grease on purpose (love the smell).

I confess that I think taking dozens of types of vitamins, miracle greases, vaginal creams, animal formulas, shakes, etc. is complete overkill.

I confess to buying and using products because they smell good and not necessarily because they are "good" for my hair.

I confess to not really buying into the nonsense about trimming being important to grow/retain hair, and I won't do it again for another year.

I LOVE this thread!

Last edited:

LaToya28

I confess that...

going natural was challenging and exciting, but now I think I'm over it

I don't like sulfate-free shampoos

I'm going to start greasing my scalp :yep:

Lissa0821

I confess that I overlap my relaxer when I am smoothing it out during a touch up I always smooth a little bit past the new growth but never to the ends. Its been working me for years.

13StepsAhead

I confess that:
- I only got this sew-in so i won't BC ( I really LOVE my hair its driving me crazy to have this weave
- I really want to BC but I can't just do puffs and spending mony to get sew-ins AIN'T happinin
- I don't treat my relaxed ends so nicely anymore; sometimes I'm like hell why be so gentle if I never straighten and I'm cuttin you off soon anywaY)

that is all for now

MrsIQ

I just got me a jar of Sulfur 8 and I always have liked the smell! Also, I just left a meeting with my boss, but the whole time, I was daydreaming about when my hair gets to WSL!

soldierforhair

You are crazy Nikki Q :lachen::lachen::lachen:

melissa-bee

I confess that within 2 weeks of me not using heat, the back left side of my head has bc'd it's self because of me try to slick down my hair for bunning.
I confess that can not bc now because I have a wedding to go to on saturday and I'm scared of having hair so short and people looking at me wondering why I didn't "do" my hair.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

I confess...

That when i went to the ER with my day old wash n' go - ------- - my hair was so big and wild the nurse thought i had missed my salon appointment.

She told me this. She said they were gonna hurry and get me well so I could get my hair done for the July 4th festivities....She couldn't resist meandering her hand in there and just feelin' it. She was like, "Oh ma Lawd, Gurl, you got sum thickkkk hair. Hav Mercy. Lawd." *snicker*

I was so too tickled and in excruciating pain(migraine) to correct her, lol. I just couldn't bring myself to whisper, "Ms. my hair is like this EVERYDAY!"

Hysterics.

Bublin

I confess that within 2 weeks of me not using heat, the back left side of my head has bc'd it's self because of me try to slick down my hair for bunning.
I confess that can not bc now because I have a wedding to go to on saturday and I'm scared of having hair so short and people looking at me wondering why I didn't "do" my hair.

Aw man......you could BC and then flat iron.

Or wear a half wig to the wedding to cover the damage.

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

i confess i kinda thought after joining my 1st hair forum (releasing all of your hair secrets) my hair would just certainly...automatically be down to my butt

5-6 hair forums later.....i understand i was wrong:ohwell:....apparently you ladies put
in some dayuuum hard work

Last edited:

chebaby

I confess:

That even though I was feenin to wear my hair straight...now I'm over it and am SERIOUSLY thinking about washing it and going back to my curls...
dont forget to post pics lol. i love your hair. and i want to see what it looks like curly with the new color.

i confess i almost never protective style. i confess when i satin bonett comes off at night i do not put it back on.

BeautifulFlower

I am a very inconsistent dc'er, I love to blowdry and flat-iron (even though I dont do it often because it DOES produce alot of split ends) and the longer my hair gets the less I want to do with it.

I dont co-wash as much as I used to. I wear my hair out alot more in puffy braid-outs (protective style what). They are easy to do with two pig tails at night. I just don't have the patience with my schedule.

My family throws a party when I actually do my hair. Hehehe...

I managed to retain length without following all the rules...so break a rule from time to time is what I say.

Glad I got that out.

JaszyFaye

Alright! Alright! I confess that I as well went old school with the grease. I used blue magic w/ lanolin and once that ran out I followed up with some Dax. BUT...the Dax has coconut oil and castor oil in it so wasn't all that bad, right?

Also last week, I put heat to my hair almost every other day. That mos def won't happen again because my Chi died on me so half my hair was straight and the other half was in a fro.

sensi sweetie

Woah there!!
Now can y'all imagine a white woman saying this about type 3 or 4 hair?
We would be going off! Jus sayin, but I don't like hearing racisit comments coming outta ANYONES mouth. :rolleyes:

I confess that I am a comb addict.. I HATE tangles.
I also confess that I still use regular conditioner as a leave in even though I have been hearing how its "bad" for hair.