I cut my hair

Ebonygurl00

Today I got my hair shears, so naturally I wanted to try them out. I intended to cut just a little, but I ended up cutting it a little below my ears in the front, and a little longer than that in the back. I'm not even shoulder length. My hair was this short 6 years ago, but NOWHERE near this healthy. My hair is so thick! I can barely put it up, though.:( I'm committed to transitioning, so this cut was kinda to prove it to myself. I'm so happy that I did it, and I can't wait until I'm fully natural! I'll post pics tomorrow. I'm going to S&C my hair tonight.

shunta

I cant wait to see your pics! As long as your hair is healthy, thats all that matters, IMO. Ill bet the cut looks really cute on you. BTW, most people use shears to trim their hair? Im asking because I wanted to do my own trim, but didnt know whether to buy scissors or shears. :confused:

ritzbitz78

shunta said:
I cant wait to see your pics! As long as your hair is healthy, thats all that matters, IMO. Ill bet the cut looks really cute on you. BTW, most people use shears to trim their hair? Im asking because I wanted to do my own trim, but didnt know whether to buy scissors or shears. :confused:

Buy shears, the ones specifically made for cutting Hair only!! Regular scissors are dull and kinda smash and cut the hair rather than cleanly cut it like shears. This smash whacking (which can be seen undera microscope) makes the hair more susceptible to splitting yet again. You can find these shears at Sally's beauty supply. I even saw some at Walmart in the beauty supply section.

Ebony gurl, I can't wait to see pics also!! It must feel luscious to have all that thick hair.

Ebonygurl00

Thanks, Shunta!! Hopefully after I wash it, it'll calm down, lol. It has a lot of "volume" right now. I think that most people use shears. When I was searching, I kept finding "professional shears" rather than "professional scissors." I got mine from HairBoutique.com.

shunta

ritzbitz78 said:
Buy shears, the ones specifically made for cutting Hair only!! Regular scissors are dull and kinda smash and cut the hair then cleanly cut it like shears. This smash whacking (which can be seen undera microscope) makes the hair more susceptible to splitting yet again. You can find these shears at Sally's beauty supply. I even saw some at Walmart in the beauty supply section.
Thanks, chica!:D I will buy some tomorrow from Sallys.:)

caribeandiva

Human being
ok i had to jump in here as soon as i saw that this was your post. wow... that took guts! i can't wait to see the pics.

Whoa... I am shocked you cut so much! Did you do it evenly? I can't do that my hair grows so uneven and I have so much new growth I would mess it up. You have to give us transitioners a tutorial!!!!

CONGRATS- your one step closer to doing the BC!!!!

dlewis

When are you gonna post photos in your album? I what to see.:)

I sure it looks great. As long as it healthy, it's good.

Ebonygurl00

Thanks so much, ladies!!!! I'm going to try to take pics tonight. Ugh, my hair grows in unevenly, too, but I like the cut. Last night, I washed it and dried it while wearing it down, and it looked AMAZING!! I was so shocked. I don't have to use tons of product anymore. I still have to get used to washing, though. I usually put my length over my shoulder while I'm shampooing my scalp, but I can't do that anymore. I'm going to try a wash and go right now, and if it looks OK I'll take pics.:lol: Thank you so much for supporting me!