I did a little trimmy trim trim!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Well, I was in the mist of styling my hair on this weekend because I wanted to look nice because my hubby and I were going out on a date.

I did a rollerset and my hair looked absolutely horrible. That's when I got the itch to trim. Now if I could just cut off about an inch of hair I knew that would make a difference.

Before I took the plunge I decided to do a test trim. What I did was just trim one section of my hair and put a curl in it. Guess what happened?? The curl bounced and stayed without the aid of any gels, sprays or anything. So I just went through my hair section by section and did a little trim. Some sections needed 1/2 inch and some 1 inch.

I wasn't going for even hair just revived hair. It worked great and I still kept my length.

Thanks ladies for all the support and advice. It helped a lot!!

Trim pics

BTW, my husband absolutely loved it! He couldn't keep his hands out of my hair! hehehe

inthepink

Your hair came out amazing!! You look beautiful!! I'm glad you went ahead with the trim...sometimes it can make all the difference!

B

ballet_bun

Ohhhhh weeee DSD! You look beautiful in that dress. Your hair looks thick and healthy too.

deborah11

oh dsd, you and your hair are absolutely beautiful. Your dress is amazing and u look so pretty. I hope u guys had a wonderful evening!

oglorious1

Mixologist
Okay, that trim was fine, so I guess I'm okay with it now, and where were you going out to missy??? You're dressed up and ready to go.

H

honey_jammz82

Your hair looks very nice, and you are WEARIN' that pink dress, lol!

Ayeshia

[ QUOTE ]
lovelymissyoli said:
I can see why he was impressed
! Your hair looks great and so does that outfit!

[/ QUOTE ]

amen

Leslie_C

First of all: wow, u go girl! like everyone says, u are working that dress! thats the prettiest pic Ive ever seen of you!

Second of all: you LIED when u said u cant rollerset! haha. Now u have to tell us how you did it bc it turned out great, it looks like a blowout~! Did u rollerset and wrap or what? now u know u cant just bee looking all good like that and not share the steps! lol...BTW hope u had fun on your night out!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Thanks ladies, you all sure do know how to make a sister's head to big to fit through the door!!

We had a great time. He is so into me even after 10 years. We went to Bone's in Buckhead. If you don't know it's one of the 50 bucks as head, white linen, you have to make a reservation to get in restaurant. We spent the nigt away from home in the Cumberland Mall area. The night was amazing! I hope I am not giving TMI but the effects of the date are caring over the entire weekend!!

[ QUOTE ]
Leslie_C said:
First of all: wow, u go girl! like everyone says, u are working that dress! thats the prettiest pic Ive ever seen of you!

Second of all: you LIED when u said u cant rollerset! haha. Now u have to tell us how you did it bc it turned out great, it looks like a blowout~! Did u rollerset and wrap or what? now u know u cant just bee looking all good like that and not share the steps! lol...BTW hope u had fun on your night out!

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl, I don't dress up or put on any type of makeup to often but I had to. I wanted to look great!

Now to the hair. The rollerset came out terrible. The curls wouldn't even hold. That's why I know I had to trim. so what I did was, blowout the rollerset. I then applied a little moisturizer and flatironed my hair in tiny sections. After I was done. I wrapped my hair and wrapped it up with saran wrap and sat under the dryer for about 20 minutes. The way it turned out was amazing. I think I will use the saran wrap from now on. It gave my hair a silkier feeling and it had so much body and bounce it was unbelievable.

The trim was the perfect thing for my hair. I am glad I went through with it and I didn't get all scissor happy!!

Leslie_C

Ive been TRYING to tell people how the saran wrap thing works like magic...its like u go under with your hair looking normal, and when u come out, its all silky and shiny!

Well u outdid yourself this time! shoot, u are gonna have all of us knocking on your door to do our hair...lol.

kitchen_tician

You and your hair look great! You've inspired me to do a trim as well. I was trying to wait until my next relaxer, but I can't wait, because my curls won't hold.

I think I'll try your method.
Thanks for sharing.

Leslie_C

*sigh* my hair wont hold curl regardless of the fact Ive had a trim at each touchup the past 3 touchups(and I wonder why my hair isnt growing?)....but its the humidity that causes my hair to laugh at the thought of holding a curl. It will fall right before my eyes most the time!