Starting No Trim Challenge With a Trim?

chayil0427

Hey ladies

I was considering starting my no trim 07 challenge with a trim. When I'm in the shower my hair feels so soft and silky down to about the last inch. From there the cuticle is rough. This is also the part of my hair that's color treated.

Should I go ahead and trim this off and go on from their or maintain the length until I get closer to goal and then trim?

Chayil

blazingthru

I want to know the answer to this question as well, I was going to trim in April, it will be a year for me since I trimmed my hair. but if there is a challenge for no trim I want to join ---I just need to know if I should trim first. My hair feels great, but there is one side that feels rough in the back the longest part of my hair and I am very concerned about that as well. I only feel it if I add heat and I don't add heat but I didn't forget about it when I did months ago

navsegda

Where is this no trim challenge? I haven't trimmed in over 2 years and I don't plan on it anytime soon, so I can definitely join and stick to it.

sweetcashew

I would definitely go ahead and trim off that inch of hair. You'd have to trim it later on anyway. Also if it's damaged it could cause the damage to move further up the strands. I'd want to start of the challenge with fresh ends.

MzOptimistic

navsegda said:
Where is this no trim challenge? I haven't trimmed in over 2 years and I don't plan on it anytime soon, so I can definitely join and stick to it.

This is a question that I have been wanting to ask for a while? navsegda, when you say you have not trimmed in two years, Do you mean that you have not trimmed split ends either? I just want to know that's all? I haven't trimmed in 6 months so I'm all for the no trims minus split ends.:p

Victorian

old head
I'm doing bootcamp 2007 where we will not be doing any trimming, and I went ahead and did a good trim when I straightened my hair. I was technically due for a trim in September (I normally trim 2 times per year), but decided to wait until I actually straightened it so I could be more thorough. I just liked the idea of starting the challenge with fresh ends since I hadn't trimmed in 9 months. Plus I probably won't be tempted to trim during the challenge now that I've gotten the urge to put the scissors to my hair out of my system :lol: The largest amount I cut off was about an inch as well.