I did it! Texlaxed after years Natural!!!

lana

Hey ladies! I did it! This weekend after much thought and prayer (yes, I prayed over it) :) I went ahead and texlaxed my hair. I used Mizani relaxer, because I love their entire line. The directions suggested 10-17 minutes for coarse hair and since I only wanted the texturized look I left it on for 7 full minutes with barely any smoothing. I smoothed the edges only. I couldn't help myself.

Then I used the neutralizing shampoo and it was still slightly pink after four shampoos, so I kept right on going until my hair was fully clean! I used a neutralizing shampoo that restored the pH balance to my hair. Oh I forgot to mention that I put a deep conditioner (protein) in my relaxer. I wanted to keep it creamy so I didn't use too much, but I also wanted to strengthen my hair. Next, I used my CON shampoo, regular deep conditioner, moisturizing conditioner and let that sit, rinsed and ohmygoodness LADIES!!!!! When I went to blow dry my hair it was sooooo easy, the comb just slid through my loosened curls.

But my hair was so pretty curly that I just wanted to wear it like that. But I had to see! I had to see what it would look like straightened! So I did it. With one swipe of my Sedu my hair straightened out like nothing I've EVER seen before. It was bouncy and shaky and oh so pretty. I showed my bf and he said he fell in love all over again. (aw)

Also it's LONGER! Something about straightening it out chemically lengthened my hair!

Anyways I'm in heaven, I've literally been singing and dancing in front of my mirror to celebrate. We even went out for a drink to celebrate! (laughs) I'm so happy. Oh and I took before and after pics with my regular camera so once I get the film developed I'll post pics of before (natural) and after (texlaxed).

My hair is still thick and shaky. I am so glad I didn't relax it! I'm glad I only texlaxed because now I still have my natural texture, but with the ease of straightening or wearing a WASH N GO, if I choose!!!

LocksOfLuV

Awww congrats!:p

I also thought texlaxing was the best road to take. You can rock a straight style then turn around and do curly. I am glad you are happy with your results.

Radianthealth

Congratulations, reading your post makes me very happy for you. I can't wait to see your photos:p

I agree that texlaxing is the best of both worlds perfect for fence riders like me:look:

lana

I was like I'm staying natural forever, but then I realized that each week when I washed my hair, I had to put so much heat on it to get it straight. I was burning my hair up (even using great heat protectants). I believe that you CAN use heat and have healthy hair, but that's just not the route I wanted to take.

You guys are great! I told myself, it's just hair, so even if I relax it bone straight, IT'S JUST HAIR!!! (laughs) That helped me. Oh did I forget to mention that I did a strand test - thank goodness I did it or my hair would have just stayed natural and not texlaxed. 5 minutes didn't do a thing, it needed the full 7 minutes.

I'm still smiling. Thank you for being happy for me. I will make sure and get the pictures developed. I also want to see the difference.

I'm so happy. I'm so happy...(lana runs out of the room shaking her hair!)

lshevonne

Hey Lana,

It's Lana....I'm very happy for you girl. Thanks for the PM.
I've been thinking of trying the natural thing again for healthy hair reasons. I also think my stylist has been trying to get my hair bone straight and she knows since it's so fine it doesn't need that. Well, after I talk to this new stylist in a few weeks I'll let you know if I keep using the Mizani Relaxer or if I start doing the Mizani Thermasmooth.

Post those pics soon...

Lana (lshevonne)

happycakes

Congratulations!!! Sounds like you made the right decision for what you were looking for, the best of both worlds (straight and curly).

lana

Yup, it's so wild, because I thought I was so happy with my natural hair, but each week washing I was struggling (even with my maxiglide and heat protectants and serums). LOL, it just made more sense to texlax so that I can do both with less damage to my hair. I love the regimen laid out by Isis for texlaxing. I'm going to try to stick close to it with my own hair porducts. (smiles)

Thanks for the support. Everything I am doing with my hair, I learned from you guys here at LHCF.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Congrats! I hope everything goes well for you.:) I love my texlaxed hair. I have yet to try to straiten it, but I love it the way it is.

loonatick

i glad ur happy with ur hair, and that it turned out for the better, cant wait to see ur pics!!!

Just when i thought id decided to stay natural, im thinking about a change once again......:scratchch

Isis

lana said:
Hey ladies! I did it! This weekend after much thought and prayer (yes, I prayed over it) :) I went ahead and texlaxed my hair. I used Mizani relaxer, because I love their entire line. The directions suggested 10-17 minutes for coarse hair and since I only wanted the texturized look I left it on for 7 full minutes with barely any smoothing. I smoothed the edges only. I couldn't help myself.

Then I used the neutralizing shampoo and it was still slightly pink after four shampoos, so I kept right on going until my hair was fully clean! I used a neutralizing shampoo that restored the pH balance to my hair. Oh I forgot to mention that I put a deep conditioner (protein) in my relaxer. I wanted to keep it creamy so I didn't use too much, but I also wanted to strengthen my hair. Next, I used my CON shampoo, regular deep conditioner, moisturizing conditioner and let that sit, rinsed and ohmygoodness LADIES!!!!! When I went to blow dry my hair it was sooooo easy, the comb just slid through my loosened curls.

But my hair was so pretty curly that I just wanted to wear it like that. But I had to see! I had to see what it would look like straightened! So I did it. With one swipe of my Sedu my hair straightened out like nothing I've EVER seen before. It was bouncy and shaky and oh so pretty. I showed my bf and he said he fell in love all over again. (aw)

Also it's LONGER! Something about straightening it out chemically lengthened my hair!

Anyways I'm in heaven, I've literally been singing and dancing in front of my mirror to celebrate. We even went out for a drink to celebrate! (laughs) I'm so happy. Oh and I took before and after pics with my regular camera so once I get the film developed I'll post pics of before (natural) and after (texlaxed).

My hair is still thick and shaky. I am so glad I didn't relax it! I'm glad I only texlaxed because now I still have my natural texture, but with the ease of straightening or wearing a WASH N GO, if I choose!!!
Congratulations on your texlaxing success! Don't you just love it when things work out like this, especially when it comes to hair and its beauty?!

Lana, I can feel your enthusiasm and excitement! You're making me want to sing and dance in front of my mirror now!! :bdance: :bdance:

Isis

lana said:
Yup, it's so wild, because I thought I was so happy with my natural hair, but each week washing I was struggling (even with my maxiglide and heat protectants and serums). LOL, it just made more sense to texlax so that I can do both with less damage to my hair. I love the regimen laid out by Isis for texlaxing. I'm going to try to stick close to it with my own hair porducts. (smiles)

Thanks for the support. Everything I am doing with my hair, I learned from you guys here at LHCF.
Thank you Lana! :)

Amour

I can feel your excitment... congrats!!! I'm now considering textlaxing think it may give me what I desire from natural hair with more ease and manageabilty!

sorry to hijack the thread but if i do decide to texlax should I wait until I am completely natural?

patiently waiting for the pics :)

BrickbyBrick

lana said:
I was like I'm staying natural forever, but then I realized that each week when I washed my hair, I had to put so much heat on it to get it straight. I was burning my hair up (even using great heat protectants). I believe that you CAN use heat and have healthy hair, but that's just not the route I wanted to take.

You guys are great! I told myself, it's just hair, so even if I relax it bone straight, IT'S JUST HAIR!!! (laughs) That helped me. Oh did I forget to mention that I did a strand test - thank goodness I did it or my hair would have just stayed natural and not texlaxed. 5 minutes didn't do a thing, it needed the full 7 minutes.

I'm still smiling. Thank you for being happy for me. I will make sure and get the pictures developed. I also want to see the difference.

I'm so happy. I'm so happy...(lana runs out of the room shaking her hair!)

I smiled just reading this. Congratulations. I am happy for you too:) .

lana

Hi you guys I didn't realize that people were asking for pics. I took pictures but it's on a regular camera and I have to get that developed and then scan the pictures in. I will do this if you guys really do want to see pictures. I'm kinda slow though so I'll try to upload pics by next week.

I'll show my wet hair and my hair straight. I haven't figured out how to wear it curly but now with warmer weather approaching I'll have the chance!

Hurray!

Oh and I used Mizani relaxer with Mane and Tail Conditioner mixed in.

lshevonne

Hey Lana,

I've decided to transition to texlax. I'm going to do like this stylist told me she does. Mild relax her hair and use the Mizani Thermasmooth. Since I paid for it I'm going to use the stuff. It does make my hair very soft after conditioning
and flat ironing went well. Next time I'll let my hair air dry. Now I need to decide what relaxer to use. I'm going to do it myself so I'll have to find something that I've used in the past when I did it.

Thanks for all your tips.