I didnt get the job: My faith is fading

MsDeeDee82

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:Ladies, as you may all know I have been searching for a new job for the past year. i have been on interviews were I had 6 people at a time uinterviewing me. I fasted prayed did everything a good christian should do. N God did not come through for me. I am sitting at work crying because I thought this was the one. I really did. People who have no faith get jobs, people who just walk in . Me how many more do I have endure. Why does the word say believe and you will get the desires of your heart and you dont. I have been on many interviews and not one break everything close but not. I cant :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: even go back to applying because whats the point. The word says all this stuff but it doesnt work for me. I am so depressed I am my current job longer when will God answer me. Why why. I feel like screaming right now. i wish God came in human form sO I can ask him why cant you answer my prayers. Why cant you come through for me on this end. The woman today told me . You were a strong candiate but someone had a little bit more experience. This year I have heard that three times. Strong but not good engough. God can open up the red sea much harder than giving me a job and He just lets them give it away. I so tired. Stuff like this makes you wander. And please dont tell me what is yours will be yours. Or He has something better because I have heard and always think the next one is better and I get slapped again in the face with No. Faith like a mustard seed. People wander why we have doubt everytime you ask God for something and it doesnt work it gets smaller and smaller. I dont think I can even pray right now because I dont know what to say. I said everything before and now I am at the beginning again.

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:Ladies, as you may all know I have been searching for a new job for the past year. i have been on interviews were I had 6 people at a time uinterviewing me. I fasted prayed did everything a good christian should do. N God did not come through for me. I am sitting at work crying because I thought this was the one. I really did. People who have no faith get jobs, people who just walk in . Me how many more do I have endure. Why does the word say believe and you will get the desires of your heart and you dont. I have been on many interviews and not one break everything close but not. I cant :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: even go back to applying because whats the point. The word says all this stuff but it doesnt work for me. I am so depressed I am my current job longer when will God answer me. Why why. I feel like screaming right now. i wish God came in human form sO I can ask him why cant you answer my prayers. Why cant you come through for me on this end. The woman today told me . You were a strong candiate but someone had a little bit more experience. This year I have heard that three times. Strong but not good engough. God can open up the red sea much harder than giving me a job and He just lets them give it away. I so tired. Stuff like this makes you wander. And please dont tell me what is yours will be yours. Or He has something better because I have heard and always think the next one is better and I get slapped again in the face with No. Faith like a mustard seed. People wander why we have doubt everytime you ask God for something and it doesnt work it gets smaller and smaller. I dont think I can even pray right now because I dont know what to say. I said everything before and now I am at the beginning again.

((((HUGS)))))) To you, I am sorry I understand how you feel at the moment. I have been unemployed 3 months and I was so angry at first and discouraged. However, I took what I felt like and turn it back over to the Lord. God speaks to all of us in different ways and lights and you must change the power in the words you speak here is something that should help you encourage you. There are jobs that I want right now so bad,I did not get it. So, I started saying Some one's Rejection of you is God's Protection. I really do beleive that. I stand on the Word of the Lord and I confess and Claim his promises daily. I thank God for every thing. I will never give up on God b/c he never gave up on me or you.

You are so much in my prayers. Still your mind. God truly does have so much bigger things instore for you!:yep:

Thanks Highly favored. I feel Im at point today I cant pray because I prayed so hard for this one and others. I gave myself Nov 3 to be starting a new job. This woman made it seem like it was mine. I feel so sick. I wish God can come down and say something because I feel like I have been betrayed. Something promise by a dear friend and nothing happened. My biggest frustration is that God can blow into our situation and things can change. Why do christians have to suffer so much and non christians just walk up and things get handed to them. What kind of prayers do i pray now. I am so confused and hurt

((((((BIGG HUGS))))))
:bighug:

KEEP THE FAITH, I know it can be discouraging sometimes, but God may have bigger and better plans stored up for you. So don't give up. Pick yourself up and keep going. Now when you get that job, come back here and share your testimony with your LHCF family. I will keep you in my prayers, and you continue to pray as well. May God Bless and keep you!

Last edited:
Thanks Highly favored. I feel Im at point today I cant pray because I prayed so hard for this one and others. I gave myself Nov 3 to be starting a new job. This woman made it seem like it was mine. I feel so sick. I wish God can come down and say something because I feel like I have been betrayed. Something promise by a dear friend and nothing happened. My biggest frustration is that God can blow into our situation and things can change. Why do christians have to suffer so much and non christians just walk up and things get handed to them. What kind of prayers do i pray now. I am so confused and hurt

Your Quiet Welcomed:yep:

Mitcy just posted this follow the link this will help you!
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=290459

Pslams 73:yep:

I know it can be difficult when we are going through out suffering times. BE STILL AND KNOW! In your heart of hearts that GOD has you and your situation under HIS control. His will has to be done. I have had jobs that I KNEW were for me and months later bad things happened at those companies. I just looked back and said THANK YOU LORD! He will make a way.
Keep your faith PLEASE and tell God how you feel. He knows, but we can be honest with Him as long as we aren't disrespectful. Prayer is nothing more than having a conversation with the Lord.
Please know that things will get better!

Sorry to hear you didn't get the job. You should still thank and praise God even when things don't work out. He didn't promise us a life w/o trials. You can't compare blessings or nonblessings to other folks no matter if they are faithful or faithless. He has something better in store for you I'm sure. Please don't be discouraged. Stay focused and continue to seek employment. Remember Yolanda Adams song that says "The battles not your its the Lords". When things don't work out is when you should really praise him.

It hurts so bad. I really dont know what to say to God. Starting all over again. Will he hear me this time and answer my prayers. I will continue to look for another job. The idea of faith in me getting is far away from my mine. I know that God decides not man. God has not been on my side. I guess its hard to hear He has something better for you when you have been hearing that over and over again when you dont get a job. When is this something better going to come.

It hurts so bad. I really dont know what to say to God. Starting all over again. Will he hear me this time and answer my prayers. I will continue to look for another job. The idea of faith in me getting is far away from my mine. I know that God decides not man. God has not been on my side. I guess its hard to hear He has something better for you when you have been hearing that over and over again when you dont get a job. When is this something better going to come.

I am not trying to make you feel bad, but the bolded is where the problem comes in. Where is your believe? You are not believing that God has your best interest at heart! Look back on times in your life when things were bad. Did God fail you then? Or did he always show up and do above and beyond what you prayed for? Hebrews is a good book to read when you are wavering in your faith. There are also lots of uplifting verses in Psalm 119. Hope this helps! :bighug:

You have to love and trust God without expectation and all your heart. When you don't get what you want you can't question his plan. I can understand your being disappointed because you truly wanted this job. You must trust that he will do what is best in his way and time. Have you made a offer that God can't refuse? Are your prayers full of request or thanks? I have to ask what faith means to you?

MsDeeDee82, I know you are upset right now but please keep your faith. I know you are upset but THANK GOD, you are typing your posts from WORK. I say this as humble as I know how...I know you have been watching the news lately and I know there are millions of people who would love to take your place right now. I know you did not want to hear that, but...that's the truth. Please read 1 Peter 1: 7-8, it is a scripture that helps me.

I know exactly how you feel. Exactly. I have not only been looking for a job for a year(Sept 30 made my one year anniversary) but I have been basically unemployed the whole time. I know what you mean about the Word saying that God will give you the desires of your heart if you have faith and ask and believe in the Word. I feel you. I've had to come to grips with the true desires of my heart and it is taking God and some special people that he is placing in my life to figure out what my true desire is. What is your true desire? Why do you want to leave your current job? What will make you truly happy in your career. Just think on those things and you may find that the desires of your heart are not exactly what you thought they were.

For me, I was on autopilot and my desires were what the American dream says I needed/wanted. It says that I should get up and go to work from 9-5 everyday, wear nice clothes and make all the money. And that sounds nice, I'll take it, but with me having two toddlers, I have found that although I want to work, I want to spend time with them more, so When I have an interview--and there have been numerous interviews, let me tell you. But when I don't get the job, I actually thank God for letting me spend more time at home with my kids, but because I trust that he is in control of the situation, he has been miraculously taking care of my family for a year through circumstances that would seem impossible to most people. In my year of unemployment I have not once had any utility turned off, no evictions or even eviction notices, food stays in my house, in fact, I feed my extended family often by cooking big Sunday dinners. I have aquired a new car('97, but it's new to me) I have found the art of multiple streams of income from home, my stress level has been steadily dropping and I am finding that I am more calm every day.

I'm not going to tell you to forget your desires, just reevaluate them and in the mean time bless, praise, and thank God for everything that he has given you in your life.

Thank you your are very right. I am sorry everyone for complaining.

Don't be sorry. You are human, we are all in this together and we all complain and when one of us falters, that is when we are here to lift one another back up to Jesus, he will take you from their, trust him.

Hey hon, you're being very emotional and not very logical right now, you need to calm down, catch your breathe and get focused.

I know you say you're doing everything a good Christian should do but is there something that God has told you to do and you have not done it or is there something He's told you to end or change and you're continuing in it? You may be standing in your own way. It may seem like something small or completely unrelated but He is dead serious about His instructions, remember Jonah?

Unless He told you that that job was going to you, how has He failed you? We tend to think of God as OUR servant or as a genie at times, someone to fulfill our whims, but He's not. He will grant us the desires of our heart but what are the desires of our heart in the context that was written? It's the desire to be righteous before Him, not being bound to sin. If we pray for righteousness and are open hearted and willing to change He has promised to do that. THEN He will give us "blessings" we want. Houses, cars, jobs etc., that's not what these scriptures mean.

We have a whole list of stuff that we feel God should do for us and provide for us but our list of debts to Him are very short.

Calm down, breathe and repent to Jesus. Then ask Him what HIS will is for you pertaining to employment. You keep picking these jobs that YOU like. You picked the one you're at now and hate it. Maybe you should seek His face before you apply for any more. He may have just saved you from a place worse than the one you're in currently.

I am worn out with grief every night my bed is damp from my weeping;my pillow is soaked with tears.psalm 6:6

I pray that u will get the job you want much better than the one you were applying for,and our Lord knows and sees you re hurting right now.

Last edited:
A delayed response is not always a result of disobedience. It could be a test-will you still believe when it doesn't happen overnight? Also, it could be that He needs to create a trait or characteristic or talent in you that you need to go to the next level to bless others. Without a trial, you wouldn't develop that skill you need and would eventually get stuck and not able to complete His will for your life.

Also, if you have prayed that "God will be done" in your life, realize that God's will takes priority over your comfort and security. He is faithful to finish what He's started and that means hard work and trials for you. But the safest place to be in the midst of a storm is in the will of God for your life.

your words of encouragement brings me to tears. LHCF rocks. I am so happy to be part of a family that can encourage, dish it out, and help you wipe away your tears. I feel better now. Sasha008 provided me with a wonderful prayer that I will use. I have been praising God I just kind of felt lost when I did what i was suppose and that didnt work. BUT God is great and I know that because it could be worse and like you guys said I have a job to go to in the morning. Please ask God to grant me peace and patience. My biggest issue is control. I wait on no one but in my Christian walk I have to wait on God and him alone.

Thank you Ladies, you guys are truly the best. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your words of encouragement brings me to tears. LHCF rocks. I am so happy to be part of a family that can encourage, dish it out, and help you wipe away your tears. I feel better now. Sasha008 provided me with a wonderful prayer that I will use. I have been praising God I just kind of felt lost when I did what i was suppose and that didnt work. BUT God is great and I know that because it could be worse and like you guys said I have a job to go to in the morning. Please ask God to grant me peace and patience. My biggest issue is control. I wait on no one but in my Christian walk I have to wait on God and him alone.

Thank you Ladies, you guys are truly the best. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you see how much God loves you? As soon as you reached out, dozens of sisters started reaching out to help you. People who have never laid eyes on you and want nothing from you other than to ask you to "hang in there."

What is man that God is mindful of us?! YOU ARE LOVED! :yep:

I feel Im at point today I cant pray because I prayed so hard for this one and others. I gave myself Nov 3 to be starting a new job. This woman made it seem like it was mine. I feel so sick. I wish God can come down and say something because I feel like I have been betrayed. What kind of prayers do i pray now. I am so confused and hurt
You Are praying..you are praying them ..your posts are your prayers..post/pray as much as you want..keep praying..keep posting and have your feelings....have them....you still have faith...
posting took faith :yep: and feelings are not facts..and when you are done with these feelings,..well, HE will still be there..for you..HE cannot deny himself....The Lord will see you through and you will be shoutin :) in all the praise reporsts :)
As Sashaa pointed out..if human beings with our limited capabilites reached out in collective energy on this thread.....imagine what your Heavenly Father can do...

When you can.... for 30 secs ..allow one image...of a better job..
do not worry about believing it..just imagine for 30 secs... WHAT GOD
CAN DO.in THIS CIRCUMSTANCE.. say thank you to Him ..and let go of it.....

I relate and ..this will pass
(((((hugs))))))

Shout for joy, O heavens;
rejoice, O earth;burst into song, O mountains!
For the LORD comforts his people,and will have compassion
on his afflicted ones.

But Zion said, "The LORD has forsaken me,the Lord has forgotten me."
"Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you!

You were a strong candiate but someone had a little bit more experience. This year I have heard that three times. Strong but not good engough. God can open up the red sea much harder than giving me a job and He just lets them give it away. I so tired. Stuff like this makes you wander.
Is there anyway that you can get more experience? Do you feel that there reason is a valid one? Could there be any areas where you are selling yourself short to interviewers.

On a side note I'll share my job search stories with you. When I needed an internship for school the first summer I looked I didn't get one. I sent emails out but no response. This ended up being the very last credit I needed to to officially graduate from my school. My second time searching I was more agressive I applied in multiple states, I cold called places, I went on every job search website ever made. I heard back from some companies but still no offer. In order for me to do it that summer the papers had to be in by friday may 9th or I would have to wait to do it again the next semester. I spoke with a company on on sunday, I interviewed on monday and started that friday. I officially graduated in july.

2nd story: so my internship ended july 18th I got the degree but left with no job again. So I searched again and and it's been hard. None of my friends are in fashion so they have had an easier time getting really amazing first jobs and making way more then I ever will starting out. So I kept applying (a lot and waiting) and I started my new job today.

So Something will happen and I never would have been able to say that if it hadn't happened to me. Don't give up that's exactly what the devil wants you to do.

You Are praying..you are praying them ..your posts are your prayers..post/pray as much as you want..keep praying..keep posting and have your feelings....have them....you still have faith...
posting took faith :yep: and feelings are not facts..and when you are done with these feelings,..well, HE will still be there..for you..HE cannot deny himself....The Lord will see you through and you will be shoutin :) in all the praise reporsts :)
As Sashaa pointed out..if human beings with our limited capabilites reached out in collective energy on this thread.....imagine what your Heavenly Father can do...

When you can.... for 30 secs ..allow one image...of a better job..
do not worry about believing it..just imagine for 30 secs... WHAT GOD
CAN DO.in THIS CIRCUMSTANCE.. say thank you to Him ..and let go of it.....:yep:

I relate and ..this will pass
(((((hugs))))))

Shout for joy, O heavens;
rejoice, O earth;burst into song, O mountains!
For the LORD comforts his people,and will have compassion
on his afflicted ones.
But Zion said, "The LORD has forsaken me,the Lord has forgotten me."
"Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you!
So, True the Whole post and Bolded

Here is another method of letting go and letting God. Years ago my ex MIL told me to get a jar or box, write down your problems, worries or needs, put that piece of paper in the box and leave it there after you drop it in. I know it may seem hard but you can do it. Allow God to worry about those things for which you have no control outside of simply doing what is required. You ladies are wonderous on this board!

I was at this same place right after graduate school. I wasn't even getting call backs to go on the interviews! But God's ways are definitely higher than our ways, and sometimes we don't even know our own desires. When I look back at what I thought I wanted, and what God gave me...girl, He truly knew what I desired and he gave that to me.

And for the longest time I struggled with comparing myself to other people who I felt weren't walking the Christian walk, yet their lives were prospering. And there was one sermon (I can't remember who preached it), but it changed my whole outlook. It was the story of the prodigal son...a story that I've heard so many times in my life. But this spin wasn't about the prodigal son, it was about the other son - the son who was faithful to his father. And when his brother came back and the father welcomed him with open arms, that son was like, "hold up...how is this happening? how are we just letting him back in?" But who was that son to dictate how his father showed love, compassion, or mercy? And who are we to say how God should show His love and HIS faithfulness even to those who aren't faithful? So...I just wanted to share. Keep that in mind. Try to stay encouraged. He'll give you more than you could ask for and more than you could think about!

Well thanks ladies, I woke ok this morning. I went on the job search AGAIN, and got frustrated beause I hate doing this and not getting a call back. I sad I didnt get the job but I assuming God must have a GREAT job for me because He has my blessing on hold. While God is doing what He is doing in the supernatural realm, in my realm I havent seen a job I really liked, like the one I really wanted. Nothing is catching my eye or seem worthy of applying either I am over or under qualified. But yesterday I had a long talk with God on the way home, I told him my feelings and hurts and I praised Him. Very hard to do because I feel like everyone is being blessed but me. I heard on several occasions that the best time to praise God is in situation where you at your worse. Well ladies I am there. The only way is the Jesus way I just hope He doesnt take forever in my Blessings. I guess all this is teaching me patience.

Once again ladies Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back