My faith dewindling away: how and what to do

MsDeeDee82

Hello Ladies,

Recently i have not had the urge to pray read the bible. Yesterday in church I realized it was bad. I did not want to worship my mind was else and I even left early during the sermon. Wow:perplexed:perplexed. Ok background history. I am one who speaks of things as though they were. Many of my close friends God has been blessing left and right. Recently I got a new boss who is a MICRO MANAGER:wallbash::wallbash: which I cannot stand. She has no idea what she is doing and is just a pawn for the boss over her. Well I went on a job interview in March for a position i could do with my eyes close. Once I got there the lady told me she gave the position away to someone else but thought my resume was impressive and still wanted to interview. I was SO MAD :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:. In my mind I was like what the heck, parking was a .... and I was sweating in my suit like I ran a marthon for you to tell me impressive. I left that interview Mad because I was like to God WHY WHY if you knew this was the case why didnt you make her tell me not to come why did you allow this to happen. I was even upset with Him bc nothing was working out in my favor. My christian friends were like maybe He has something better. I so did not want to hear that. So months went down and another better job offer came up for the city. Let me tell you ladies. I prayed, had faith, called things as though they were. Truly believed God would come through. Well i had the first interview, second interview with six people. Did you know I recieved an email that i didnt get the job but i was I the top 3. I sure did call her and ask y but bc i thought i did a good job. i had folks praying for me i still havent told anyone i didnt get the job bc i was and is so embrassed. that is when everything hit the fan. i still believe in God but truly feel He has abandoned me. I dont feel him anymore. I have job searched like a bird looking for water in the desert. Nothing NOthing
More and more I come to work I hate my job,. I pray each day for God to make me have a productive day. I dont mind being busy i actually enjoy it. You may say to me keep looking I have and the position that I DID NOT get is the only i see that fits my skills. I just dont know what to do anymore. How do you have faith in God when everything you are believing for blows up in your face. I feel like i just giving up but seriouly sometimes you wander if God has thrown you to the lions and said fend for your self. I am not a saint. I have down wrong but why cant i get a break. Just one break. What to do. I feel like i cant pray anymore what do i pray for. I know I should not be upset with God but why does he allow good things to happen to folks and you just sit there and get nothing. ok i am going to breathe now. :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad: btw i am at work bored as can be. :wallbash:

Last edited:

Highly Favored8

Hello Ladies,

Recently i have not had the urge to pray read the bible. Yesterday in church I realized it was bad. I did not want to worship my mind was else and I even left early during the sermon. Wow:perplexed:perplexed. Ok background history. I am one who speaks of things as though they were. Many of my close friends God has been blessing left and right. Recently I got a new boss who is a MICRO MANAGER:wallbash::wallbash: which I cannot stand. She has no idea what she is doing and is just a pawn for the boss over her. Well I went on a job interview in March for a position i could do with my eyes close. Once I got there the lady told me she gave the position away to someone else but thought my resume was impressive and still wanted to interview. I was SO MAD :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:. In my mind I was like what the heck, parking was a .... and I was sweating in my suit like I ran a marthon for you to tell me impressive. I left that interview Mad because I was like to God WHY WHY if you knew this was the case why didnt you make her tell me not to come why did you allow this to happen. I was even upset with Him bc nothing was working out in my favor. My christian friends were like maybe He has something better. I so did not want to hear that. So months went down and another better job offer came up for the city. Let me tell you ladies. I prayed, had faith, called things as though they were. Truly believed God would come through. Well i had the first interview, second interview with six people. Did you know I recieved an email that i didnt get the job but i was I the top 3. I sure did call her and ask y but bc i thought i did a good job. i had folks praying for me i still havent told anyone i didnt get the job bc i was and is so embrassed. that is when everything hit the fan. i still believe in God but truly feel He has abandoned me. I dont feel him anymore. I have job searched like a bird looking for water in the desert. Nothing NOthing
More and more I come to work I hate my job,. I pray each day for God to make me have a productive day. I dont mind being busy i actually enjoy it. You may say to me keep looking I have and the position that I DID NOT get is the only i see that fits my skills. I just dont know what to do anymore. How do you have faith in God when everything you are believing for blows up in your face. I feel like i just giving up but seriouly sometimes you wander if God has thrown you to the lions and said fend for your self. I am not a saint. I have down wrong but why cant i get a break. Just one break. What to do. I feel like i cant pray anymore what do i pray for. I know I should not be upset with God but why does he allow good things to happen to folks and you just sit there and get nothing. ok i am going to breathe now. :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad: btw i am at work bored as can be. :wallbash:

Now you know you get back what you put out to the Lord.

There is a reason for every thing that happens in our lives. When a job or something that you prayed for does not happen. God will show you why and give you better. In the end you will thank him for it. Now, when it comes to others blessings- be happy for them and move on. Just b/c you are looking from the outside in, you might not know what that person had to go through to get to their Blessing(s).

Have you thought that you are going through a DRY SEASON at this point in your life. You may in your situation may be in your VALLEY/ WILDERNESS and Lord our God is just testing you. God's word does not lie and it will not come back void! When all hell is breaking loose and things are not going your way TRUST in The LORD! Just keep meditating "This Too Shall Pass" . We all have them this is our walk with Chirst. God did not say that this life would be easy now did he! Start THANKING God for his Goodness and His Mercy. Seek God out and Go for his own heart. God knows what he is doing in your situation. Do not Give up. Do not Quit! Stay encouraged. Remember we all go through seasons. Stop Sowing this negativity b/c when Harvest comes you will get back what you just put out! Stay Encouraged!:yep:

MsDeeDee82

I do understand the dry spell but for how long. I know they say the christian walk wont be easy but certain things should be so hard for us. Why does everything have to be a journey. Thank you for the encouragement.

mscocoface

I will pray for you. When I have been in times like this I always find, always someone who is worse off than I am.

I will go volunteer my time, or ask to be placed on a list to pray for folks at the church or donate something to a women's shelter. I take the focus off of myself.

Your siggy says to wait for the Lord. Start making a list of all the things you do have versus what you don't.

You have food on your table
You have clothes on your back
You were able to get to that interview on your own two feet and pay for it even though you did not get the job.
You come home and turn on the lights and they work
You have friends you can call on
You have ladies on this board who will pray with you and even give you good counsel about your hair or other things in your life
Here is a real difficult one. Began praying for your micro managing manager and ask God to show you what is going on with this person and in their life.

Look at this and pray for this family that has just had a huge loss:
http://blog.greglaurie.com/?p=272

I am in no way saying what you are going through is not difficult, but I do know while you are waiting for a blessing you can be a blessing to someone else.

Stay strong, most times our tests becomes our testimony.

Blessings to you.

Highly Favored8

I do understand the dry spell but for how long. I know they say the christian walk wont be easy but certain things should be so hard for us. Why does everything have to be a journey. Thank you for the encouragement.

((((HUGS))))) :yep:

Hi you are quiet welcome. This is Psalms 78-17-25 Please read Psalms 78 the whole verse and this will encourage you. We all have dry seasons and that is the beauty of life is how we handle our problems, discouragements, and when we are in our seasons. How you react towards them.
Read the story of Job, Abraham and Sarah, and the Children of Israel!
Bishop Andrew Merritt came and spoke to our church a week ago and told us that the God we serve is a YES, HE CAN GOD!
17. And they sinned yet more against him by provoking the most High in the wilderness.

18 And they tempted God in their heart by asking meat for their lust.

19 Yea, they spake against God; they said, Can God furnish a table in the wilderness?

Yes, He Can

20 Behold, he smote the rock, that the waters gushed out, and the streams overflowed; can he give bread also? Can he provide flesh for his people? Yes, He Can

21 Therefore the LORD heard this, and was wroth: so a fire was kindled against Jacob, and anger also came up against Israel;

22 Because they believed not in God, and trusted not in his salvation:

23 Though he had commanded the clouds from above, and opened the doors of heaven,

24 And had rained down manna upon them to eat, and had given them of the corn of heaven.

25 Man did eat angels' food: he sent them meat to the full.

What this Psalms 78 shows me is that even though Israel was rebellious to God, God was still kind to them!:yep:

Highly Favored8

Here is some more encouragement on a personal note.:yep:

In June 2005, I was approved to move into a house and build this house from the ground up, I was supposed to move in 12-1-2005, well guess what no move in.:wallbash:
Here we are in July 2008, 3 years I was not only in the wilderness and dry seasons! God was still FAITHFUL WHY? B/c as of 8-4-2008, I have 8% on this house to finish up all on the inside. You know what else I am claiming by 12-31-2008 I am in this house! God is FAITHFUL to those who love him:yep:! I used to be a very anxious and impatient person!:wallbash: As a result I am no longer this way! I just in 3 years Draw Close to God and God drew close to me. As a result I lost my X/FH I lost my Job of 10 years:spinning:. This happen between 6-26-08-July 5th 2008. However, I have gained so much. My Peace, Joy, God’s favor and Love! Stays encouraged know your seasons and stop sowing negative seeds b/c if you do not you will reap a negative harvest! Focus on the Lord! Stay Blessed!

Nice & Wavy

Hello Ladies,

Sounds to me like the Lord wants you to learn something from the job you are in right now, with the Micro-manager!

When doors seem to be closing instead of opening, we must get into position and rest. Watch and pray. Our Father wants to show us something, even in the midst of stuff that stink (I just wrote a thread on this), and as we rest...listen to what the Father is saying to us. He is speaking...we just need to be in position to hear what He is saying.

Praying is also listening. I think this is where all of us get impatient because we want it on our time and we honestly forget that His time is not our time.

Wait upon the Lord...again I say wait. For surely His plan for your life is perfect and His Grace is sufficient for you that you will gain His strength in your weakness.

That thorn in your flesh at work, maybe the very thing that will open the door up for you in the very near future.

Be like Jacob and hold on and don't let go until you get your blessing!

Praying for you!

N&W

chicacanella

Hello Ladies,

Man, I feel the exact same way sometimes. Except I always try to pray, always try to keep open that line of communication. No matter how much bad stuff I've done, I know that God forgives which is why I try to always pray. Sometimes, though I may feel to guilty to pray but I try to get down on my knees and ask for forgiveness.

chicacanella

There is a reason for every thing that happens in our lives. When a job or something that you prayed for does not happen. God will show you why and give you better. How will he show you why? Even when I was doing very good in my Christian walk, strong in my spirit and flesh, praying everyday, reading his word, glorifying him in my actions, I didn't feel as if he talked to me enough. I don't understand and now, I almost feel like I have to act out just to get God to notice me.:nono: In the end you will thank him for it. Now, when it comes to others blessings- be happy for them and move on. Just b/c you are looking from the outside in, you might not know what that person had to go through to get to their Blessing(s).

Have you thought that you are going through a DRY SEASON at this point in your life. You may in your situation may be in your VALLEY/ WILDERNESS and Lord our God is just testing you. God's word does not lie and it will not come back void! When all hell is breaking loose and things are not going your way TRUST in The LORD! Just keep meditating "This Too Shall Pass" . I know you are so right but this is so hard to do. I mean this is really the test of my life if I ever had one. This past year I'm taling about. Maybe I should fast.:ohwell: We all have them this is our walk with Chirst. God did not say that this life would be easy now did he! Start THANKING God for his Goodness and His Mercy. Seek God out and Go for his own heart. God knows what he is doing in your situation. Do not Give up. Do not Quit! Stay encouraged. Remember we all go through seasons. Stop Sowing this negativity b/c when Harvest comes you will get back what you just put out! Stay Encouraged!:yep:

chicacanella

Sounds to me like the Lord wants you to learn something from the job you are in right now, with the Micro-manager!

When doors seem to be closing instead of opening, we must get into position and rest. Watch and pray. Our Father wants to show us something, even in the midst of stuff that stink (I just wrote a thread on this), and as we rest...listen to what the Father is saying to us. He is speaking...we just need to be in position to hear what He is saying.

Praying is also listening. I think this is where all of us get impatient because we want it on our time and we honestly forget that His time is not our time. When I pray, I stop for some time just to try and listen in my spirit but I don't think I am hearing anything. How do you listen to God while praying?

Wait upon the Lord...again I say wait. For surely His plan for your life is perfect and His Grace is sufficient for you that you will gain His strength in your weakness.

That thorn in your flesh at work, maybe the very thing that will open the door up for you in the very near future.

Praying for you!

N&W

envybeauty

I feel you! I was like that YESTERDAY!!!! It was like a chore to go to church.........a church I fell in love with. So I didn't go.....and I felt guilty. But I did decide to run errands instead (adding to my guilt).

I went to Costco, then Bed Bath and Beyond. Do you know my day turned out GREAT!!! I got to Costco right before they closed and I got my glasses! Been searching for MONTHS for the right frames to fit my face, etc. Everything I looked at in other stores looked awful or just not quite right for me. I was even willing to spend big bucks if they were just going to leave me ooooing and ahhhing. But nothing. I walk into Costco to get some contacts and the first frame I tried on, I loved it. Michael Kors. The next ones were a Furla frames. Loved those too.... decided on the Furla ones. Everything (antiglare, frames, transition, antiscratch, etc......all for less than $300). Very happy. A guy even gave me his coupon booklet and I saved like $5 on my purchases.

Then, I made a mad dash to BBB. Got there too right before they closed. A sales lady actually walked with me throughout the store to find the two things I was looking for. Presented my coupons, and saved like $14 from coupons on $34 in purchases. VERY HAPPY.

SO I went back home and was very thankful. Not that I have to get stuff to be happy but it was the Lord who guided my steps that day to lead my to my glasses and to get all the coupons, to make it to the stores before they closed, and to find what I was looking for all day.

The Lord will do little things to bless you. No it may not be the right job (right now) but when He shines his favor on you, you will know it and know that you are loved by HIM.

Nice & Wavy

Praying is also listening. I think this is where all of us get impatient because we want it on our time and we honestly forget that His time is not our time. When I pray, I stop for some time just to try and listen in my spirit but I don't think I am hearing anything. How do you listen to God while praying?

Praying for you!

N&W

Like in any relationship (friendship, marriage, etc.) when two people are together and one has something to say, the other person listens intently to hear what's on their heart. You gather information by what they are saying and even their expressions can give you an idea of what's going on. That's how we should be with the Father...prayer is both speaking and listening, but with our spirit!

Just being quiet...ask the Holy Spirit to allow you to hear what the Father is going to say to you and then open your bible and read. Sometimes, I just stay on my knees with my eyes closed and an open heart and wait...He speaks to your spirit. You can also begin to write...get a journal and write what the Lord is saying to your heart.

He is always there..waiting for us to hear what He is saying. We must "quiet ourselves" and we shall hear.

As we dwell on Him, He will reveal Himself to us in a greater way.

HeChangedMyName

(((((e-hugs))))). I know how you feel. I am nearly the same way as you except that I don't even have the first job to leave from. What I do to keep my faith(and it's not easy let me tell you) but what I do is to focus on what I do have. I may not have much, but I take joy in the thought that I do have shelter, food, clothing, you know the little things that I NEED. I get frustrated just like you, but I recognize that as long as I am on that job hunt then that is all I can do. Being as proactive as possible is all you can do. God is in control of the final decision of where he has for us both to work. As far as seeing your blessings appear to go to the people around you---I use to be like, "hold on God you know I asked for that. What's up?" Now I consider that at least I know he is listening. I mean I have seen people purchase homes right out from under me, get promotions, jobs, raises, cars, spouses, the whole nine. It was really pissing(hope not to effend, but that is how I felt) me off for a minute. Now I think like this. If God is limiting me, then it must be for a reason. Then I consider all of my prayer requests and think, ok, what if God blessed me with that tomorrow---Would I be 100% prepared? This has kept me humble in the presence of God because I know that while I may want certain things, he knows what I can handle and right now apparently, he has had to break me down to basics.

Many people feel like you do but we don't realize that how we appreciate and handle our current situations, things and circumstances can directly effect how God sees us in relation to future blessings. For example person A is dying to purchase a home but the rental home they are in is a mess, junky inside and outside, yard stays 2 feet tall, got a car sitting on bricks in the fron yard. . .etc. How is God going to bless that person and trust them with something new and grand if they can't even take care of something that is on loan?

So, as far as your job situation. revamp your attitute about your current employment situation. Consider that you are doing your job "for" God instead of for that boss that micromanages. Before you have the opportunity to be micromanaged, be ahead of the game so that when you are approached about something, that you can just say that it is done. Instead of going to work with that attitude of dread(I know the feeling, nauseus, headache, just total disdain), go into work smiling on the outside and prayerfully on the inside. When people at work aggravate you, just listen to them, but talk to God about it. If he sees that you are more focused on the positive and on him, then maybe he can open some things up for you.

Now, I am not just preachy preaching to you, but talking to myself so hopefully, we both can begin to see the fruits of our faithfulness.

ETA:Oh, and remember that Job said that the thing he most feared has happened to him. Change your focus, don't get caught up like Job thinking too much about the negative, switch trains of thought and get like Abraham, God told him to move and he just did it.

Nice & Wavy

(((((e-hugs))))). I know how you feel. I am nearly the same way as you except that I don't even have the first job to leave from. What I do to keep my faith(and it's not easy let me tell you) but what I do is to focus on what I do have. I may not have much, but I take joy in the thought that I do have shelter, food, clothing, you know the little things that I NEED. I get frustrated just like you, but I recognize that as long as I am on that job hunt then that is all I can do. Being as proactive as possible is all you can do. God is in control of the final decision of where he has for us both to work. As far as seeing your blessings appear to go to the people around you---I use to be like, "hold on God you know I asked for that. What's up?" Now I consider that at least I know he is listening. I mean I have seen people purchase homes right out from under me, get promotions, jobs, raises, cars, spouses, the whole nine. It was really pissing(hope not to effend, but that is how I felt) me off for a minute. Now I think like this. If God is limiting me, then it must be for a reason. Then I consider all of my prayer requests and think, ok, what if God blessed me with that tomorrow---Would I be 100% prepared? This has kept me humble in the presence of God because I know that while I may want certain things, he knows what I can handle and right now apparently, he has had to break me down to basics.

Many people feel like you do but we don't realize that how we appreciate and handle our current situations, things and circumstances can directly effect how God sees us in relation to future blessings. For example person A is dying to purchase a home but the rental home they are in is a mess, junky inside and outside, yard stays 2 feet tall, got a car sitting on bricks in the fron yard. . .etc. How is God going to bless that person and trust them with something new and grand if they can't even take care of something that is on loan?

So, as far as your job situation. revamp your attitute about your current employment situation. Consider that you are doing your job "for" God instead of for that boss that micromanages. Before you have the opportunity to be micromanaged, be ahead of the game so that when you are approached about something, that you can just say that it is done. Instead of going to work with that attitude of dread(I know the feeling, nauseus, headache, just total disdain), go into work smiling on the outside and prayerfully on the inside. When people at work aggravate you, just listen to them, but talk to God about it. If he sees that you are more focused on the positive and on him, then maybe he can open some things up for you.

Now, I am not just preachy preaching to you, but talking to myself so hopefully, we both can begin to see the fruits of our faithfulness.

ETA:
Oh, and remember that Job said that the thing he most feared has happened to him. Change your focus, don't get caught up like Job thinking too much about the negative, switch trains of thought and get like Abraham, God told him to move and he just did it.

Powerful....and awesome word!

Highly Favored8

There is a reason for every thing that happens in our lives. When a job or something that you prayed for does not happen. God will show you why and give you better. How will he show you why? Even when I was doing very good in my Christian walk, strong in my spirit and flesh, praying everyday, reading his word, glorifying him in my actions, I didn't feel as if he talked to me enough. I don't understand and now, I almost feel like I have to act out just to get God to notice me.

Now in the end you will thank him for it. Now, when it comes to others blessings- be happy for them and move on. Just b/c you are looking from the outside in, you might not know what that person had to go through to get to their Blessing(s).

Have you thought that you are going through a DRY SEASON at this point in your life. You may in your situation may be in your VALLEY/ WILDERNESS and Lord our God is just testing you. God's word does not lie and it will not come back void! When all hell is breaking loose and things are not going your way TRUST in The LORD! Just keep meditating "This Too Shall Pass" . I know you are so right but this is so hard to do. I mean this is really the test of my life if I ever had one. This past year I'm taling about. Maybe I should fast.
:ohwell: We all have them this is our walk with Chirst. God did not say that this life would be easy now did he! Start THANKING God for his Goodness and His Mercy. Seek God out and Go for his own heart. God knows what he is doing in your situation. Do not Give up. Do not Quit! Stay encouraged. Remember we all go through seasons. Stop Sowing this negativity b/c when Harvest comes you will get back what you just put out! Stay Encouraged!:yep:

It is really,really, knowning your seasons. God gives us through the power of discernment. Just like their are seasons Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall. This is how I know with the walk for me with the Lord is!

Harvest, Sowing, and Reaping. You still must honor and TRUST in the Lord at all times. I just do not know how else to put it. In my personal life from 2005-2008, I am in my DRY SEASON! 3 years however, God is so Faithful. I might not always here him. I still stand on his word and trust him with my whole Heart and Soul.:yep:

What ever you need to Draw Closer to God. God will draw near to you! God has not left nor forsake you! Just trust in the Lord and stand on His word! You will make it through! You will! :yep:

Highly Favored8

There is a reason for every thing that happens in our lives. When a job or something that you prayed for does not happen. God will show you why and give you better. How will he show you why? Even when I was doing very good in my Christian walk, strong in my spirit and flesh, praying everyday, reading his word, glorifying him in my actions, I didn't feel as if he talked to me enough. I don't understand and now, I almost feel like I have to act out just to get God to notice me.:nono: In the end you will thank him for it. Now, when it comes to others blessings- be happy for them and move on. Just b/c you are looking from the outside in, you might not know what that person had to go through to get to their Blessing(s).

Have you thought that you are going through a DRY SEASON at this point in your life. You may in your situation may be in your VALLEY/ WILDERNESS and Lord our God is just testing you. God's word does not lie and it will not come back void! When all hell is breaking loose and things are not going your way TRUST in The LORD! Just keep meditating "This Too Shall Pass" . I know you are so right but this is so hard to do. I mean this is really the test of my life if I ever had one. This past year I'm taling about. Maybe I should fast.:ohwell: We all have them this is our walk with Chirst. God did not say that this life would be easy now did he! Start THANKING God for his Goodness and His Mercy. Seek God out and Go for his own heart. God knows what he is doing in your situation. Do not Give up. Do not Quit! Stay encouraged. Remember we all go through seasons. Stop Sowing this negativity b/c when Harvest comes you will get back what you just put out! Stay Encouraged!:yep:

I posted to you on the second page
(((((((Hugs))))))):yep:

Highly Favored8

ETA:Oh, and remember that Job said that the thing he most feared has happened to him. Change your focus, don't get caught up like Job thinking too much about the negative, switch trains of thought and get like Abraham, God told him to move and he just did it.

Yes we need to change our focus! If not we will reap what we are harvesting!

cocoberry10

I agree with Mscocoface. As hard as it is sometimes, we must thank God for what we don't have:yep:

And more than you realize, you do have A LOT. You have a job in a time when so many are unemployed, even if you hate that job. Ask God to be with you in the difficult times of your job, so you can learn to be a better employee. Before you know it, you will have another job!

Keep your spirits up. I know it's hard, but trust in God is the only way!

PinkPebbles

Praying is also listening. I think this is where all of us get impatient because we want it on our time and we honestly forget that His time is not our time.

Praying for you!

N&W

ITA with the bolded.
I experienced the same thing several years ago. I cried, threw temper tantrums, thought God forsaken me for 2 1/2 years. I finally got my break through by going to another company to only find out that I ran into another micro-manager. I thought I was going to die. I stayed with that company for a couple of years while praying the whole time for another job. I kept asking WHY is this happening to me again.

After two years I ended up finding another job that I knew in my heart I should wait. But I had to get away from that micro-manager. I took the job to find out that was the worst mistake ever. I had to learn a lesson that I was trying to avoid. I finally surrendor, recognized what I was doing wrong and the right door finally opened up for me.

OP- ask God what is it that you need to learn in this situation because trust me, whatever you don't learn or deal with now it will follow you. I understand your pain because I've been through it.

Nice & Wavy

Thank you so much for this post....God is so good!

ITA with the bolded.
I experienced the same thing several years ago. I cried, threw temper tantrums, thought God forsaken me for 2 1/2 years. I finally got my break through by going to another company to only find out that I ran into another micro-manager. I thought I was going to die. I stayed with that company for a couple of years while praying the whole time for another job. I kept asking WHY is this happening to me again.

After two years I ended up finding another job that I knew in my heart I should wait. But I had to get away from that micro-manager. I took the job to find out that was the worst mistake ever. I had to learn a lesson that I was trying to avoid. I finally surrendor, recognized what I was doing wrong and the right door finally opened up for me.

OP- ask God what is it that you need to learn in this situation because trust me, whatever you don't learn or deal with now it will follow you. I understand your pain because I've been through it.

MsDeeDee82

Ladies Ladies, I dont know what to say but thank you for all your words of encouragement. I began to pray and ask God to show me why he is kept me here. I am very grateful to have a job and know that God always comes through.
Its just this whole wait on God and be patience I guess is my issue. I am a very proactive person. I hate to sit around and do nothing. Today at work I started playing my worship music again to help me my spirit cope with patience. The only thing about me when God speaks I have trouble knowing or hearing its him because I literally feel that God should visit us every five years in person and physical do a in-person check in because I dont want to misinterrupt anything he says. I am one who also have trouble looking and hearing signs from God. I need the physical and verbal confirmation from God or rejection but I guess I have to just trust him. I am trying to stay busy at work and find stuff to do. Its not easy since its not really busy.
Can I ask a question. I was thinking about going back to school right for nursing. I asked God what he thought but really havent gotten an answer. Btw I have a MPA already. So thats more school. I want the nursing degree to do communtiy public health at the federal level but I am not sure if its is the right thing to do. So please tell me if this wrong. Can I ask God if it is His will for me to return to school he will provide the funds to take my pre-req classes for nursing schools if it is not He will provide the right job in my lap before Sept 1. I know God's timing is his own but for me that is the only way I know that He hears me if things happen in the physical realm. Ladies let me know if I am out of my line with such a prayer request.

HeChangedMyName

Ladies Ladies, I dont know what to say but thank you for all your words of encouragement. I began to pray and ask God to show me why he is kept me here. I am very grateful to have a job and know that God always comes through.
Its just this whole wait on God and be patience I guess is my issue. I am a very proactive person. I hate to sit around and do nothing. Today at work I started playing my worship music again to help me my spirit cope with patience. The only thing about me when God speaks I have trouble knowing or hearing its him because I literally feel that God should visit us every five years in person and physical do a in-person check in because I dont want to misinterrupt anything he says. I am one who also have trouble looking and hearing signs from God. I need the physical and verbal confirmation from God or rejection but I guess I have to just trust him. I am trying to stay busy at work and find stuff to do. Its not easy since its not really busy.
Can I ask a question. I was thinking about going back to school right for nursing. I asked God what he thought but really havent gotten an answer. Btw I have a MPA already. So thats more school. I want the nursing degree to do communtiy public health at the federal level but I am not sure if its is the right thing to do. So please tell me if this wrong. Can I ask God if it is His will for me to return to school he will provide the funds to take my pre-req classes for nursing schools if it is not He will provide the right job in my lap before Sept 1. I know God's timing is his own but for me that is the only way I know that He hears me if things happen in the physical realm. Ladies let me know if I am out of my line with such a prayer request.

You sound like me. being specific in your requests is good, regardless, just know that God knows what your intentions are on a heart to heart level, so if you are not sure about the request in your own heart, then God will know that. But whatever you ask, you may receive it at some point in time, or if it is not God's will, he will steer you in another direction. I know what you mean about needing physical proof or signs from God. I use to be like that, soon I changed my prayer asking God to give me more discernment so that regardless of how he sent me a sign, I would learn to recognize it. Now it comes in dreams, I get confirmation from the people around me just by the things that they say or do. Sometiems it is physical though. Just keep praying sista and because God knows that you want to follow him, he will get you the message that he is trying to get to you.

Sidenote---let's say you were to sign up for school, then at the same time get called in for that dream job. What would you do? How would you choose? Since you sort of want them both, how would you know which is from God and with just happened through your own will? I would suggest having a sit down talk with yourself. write down all the pros and cons of both and make a decision to move in one direction or the other so that you can focus your actions and prayers on one thing.

kawista9

We are so proactive!!!! That is the problem!! Throughout the whole Bible, God says wait and everything not one thing was done out of season or out of God's timing, and yet, we get frustrated with God when He does not opperate according to our wills or desires. I am speaking for all us, especially myself. I want to hear God's voice soo bad. I think that if I pray, then he will speak to me. But if you look it, it is me trying to sway or manipulate or control God. Everything is a blessing and a gift...all things work for the good of those that love him. And then you have the Apostle Paul saying that he boast in all his iniquities and suffering. He said that he has been poor, cold, hungry and he boasted about it!! So who are we? Jesus said to love not our own lives unto death! We spend so much time asking God to bless us, when there are people on the other side of the world who are currently being shot just because they simply said "I believe in Jesus!" Boast about it! This is nothing you can bear...suck it up and realize that we are idolatrous. The Apostle Paul said that NOTHING good dwelled in the flesh. There is no amount of prayer that you can do to move God's hand. He will do it in His timing and season and we have to wait expecting that there is a new level of righteousness. You have to be so in love with God, that you are willing to be poor. I am going to tell you a testimony of a friend of mine.
She started dating her husband in college. God revealed to her in many ways that He was her husband. They began to have sex outside of marriage. God convicted her heart over and over and over. She did not listen. She eventually got pregnant and they had to get married. God revealed to her that for five years, they were going to have some rocky times, for them not heeding His warnings. She said it was horrible. They are argued; bickered; money was so low that they had no electricity and had no choice but to fast and pray. At the end of that five years, things litterally freed up! Their income trippled. They got some major deliverance and so on.
The major thing that stuck out was not wilderness, but she said that that was the time that learned to hear God's voice. Those were the times of intimacy and humbling. They went very low and I can't say that I would want to go through that, but it was so worth it.
Today, she can hear God so clearly. She used to pray for hours overnight. She is not so caught up in the world or her situations because obviously she knows that she will get through it. Even if she didn't have good job or money to provide for everything.
I pray to God for this wildnerness. I want to learn to hear His voice...now if everything happened according to our prayers, would we know the Will of our father in Heaven? Our prayers would be in vain. How do we know that when we get an awesome jobs that seems so great, but it would be the same job that took us out of the pressence of God.
The bible says that a broken heart and a contrite spirit is a gift unto God. His strength is made perfect in our weaknesses.
Ask God to help us be weak, so that we can enter into the real pressence of God and not a place that is puffed up only when everything is going well.

Sirens_Song

One day,
There was
A blind girl who hated herself because she was blind. She
hated everyone, except her loving boyfriend. He was always
there for her. She told her boyfriend, 'If I could only see
the world, I will marry you.'

One day,
someone donated a pair of eyes to her. When the bandages
came off, she was able to see everything, including her
Boyfriend.

He asked
her,'Now that you can see the world, will you marry me?' The
girl looked at her boyfriend and saw that he was blind. The
sight of his closed eyelids shocked her. She hadn't expected
that. The thought of looking at them the rest of her life
led her to refuse to marry him.

Her
boyfriend left in tears and days later wrote a note to her
saying: 'Take good care of your eyes, my dear, for before
they were yours, they were mine.'

This is
how the human brain often works when our status changes.
Only a very few remember what life was like before, and who
was always by their side in the most painful situations.

Life Is a
Gift

Today
before you say an unkind word - Think of someone who can't
speak.

Before
you complain about the taste of your food - Think of someone
who has nothing to eat.

Before
you complain about your husband or wife - Think of someone
who's crying out to GOD for a companion.

Today
before you complain about life - Think of someone who went
too early to heaven.

Before
whining about the distance you drive Think of someone who
walks the same distance with their feet.

And when
you are tired and complain about your job - Think of the
unemployed, the disabled, and those who wish they had your
Job.

And when
depressing thoughts seem to get you down - Put a smile on
your face and think: you're alive and still
around.
PRAISE GOD!

A friend sent this to me via email and I thought I'd share; I think it's beautiful.
Stay encouraged sis.

:sneakyhug:

dreamer26

OH my goodness I have been there with jobs and with ministry.

Well 4 years ago I left a job and took another job and found out it wasn't want I wanted, I told myself I would stay 6 months and then I'll leave. Well I began to look for other jobs and had great interviews, called back for 2nd and 3rd interviews just to be told you're wonderful but we're going with someone else. I didn't understand that, but little did I know my boss would get demoted my new Regional Director would be in a different city and I would get to work from home. Now with two sons in college and gas prices and economy like it is it has been such a blessing.

But what I did, when I went on the last interview before I went I said Lord I want to be in your will and if this job doesn't come through, I will not look anymore I will bless you right here. THe job fell through and I began to bless the Lord where I was. And not long after that I was allowed to work from home and I tell you it;s unreal.

My problem is inpatience, and only God know how to bring out of you the hidden treasure in you. He knows just how much pressure to apply, without crushing you. He knows just how much pain before you loose it.

I say if he is saying NO, don't fight him but praise him right where you are and in due time, he's exalt, raise, promote, deliver.

Sometimes God sits back and watch our attitude in the process. I know when I tell my sons no and they go in their room and pout or slam a door or act crazy. I say to myself OH you won't be getting anything or I make them wait even longer.

But when I've told them no or wait, and they went on like they believe that I would honor my word, I found myself giving them more than what they ask for.

I said all that to say. Even though it doesn't feel good to your flesh keep yourself in a posture that will allow God to give you an exceedingly abundant blessing, a more than enough.

Keep speaking truth, and positive even when it doesn't feel like it or look like it. Keep saying I serve a God that cares about me and he has my best interest in mind and if it's not his will then I don't want it anyway.

Be blessed.

leeshbeesh

I notice that you are "stepping out on faith" and going for things and praying for them. My only question is are you praying BEFORE? Maybe God wants you to stay in your current position and consult him first versus finding things and then asking him to take care of it.