I don't know how to wear my ear/neck length hair......

LoveisYou

I am used to wearing my hair extremely short (think pixie) or with extensions. There's no in between. Quite frankly I'm over cutting my hair off and I'm over weaves, wigs, half-wigs and everything extension related. I don't think there's anything at all wrong with extensions, but after wearing them for years I'm just over them.

I want to wear my own hair. My hair is fine and I know from experiences it does better without the extras, but since I was partial to short cuts, I really didn't worry too much about it flourishing length wise. Now that I am growing my hair out, I feel stuck when it comes to styling.

Please share your ideas and style tips, how did you wear your hair when it was short? How are you styling your ear/neck length hair on a daily basis? (without extensions of any form)

BTW, I'm relaxed.

TIA :)

gennatay

I was use to wearing my hair short and pixie when relaxed. So when I decided to stop cutting my hair, I stopped relaxing and didnt know what to do with my hair at that ear/neck length. I started doing roller sets with perm rods. From there I would wear it tightly curled one day, loosen up the curls the next day, pin half a side up or the back up etc.

kupenda

I played with hair accessories. Fun headbands, clips etc. I parted my hair on the left or right to make swoopy bangs and bumped the ends. Then put on a headband or added a clip to one side. Claire's has fun ones. And not all of them are super childish with pandas and monkeys and whatnot. They also have a few basic ones.

Evolving78

accessories, flexi rod/straw sets, wraps, etc.... i used heat once a week and wore it styled or wrapped for the week. once my hair got past SL i started wearing buns, roller sets, and updos.

LoveisYou

I played with hair accessories. Fun headbands, clips etc. I parted my hair on the left or right to make swoopy bangs and bumped the ends. Then put on a headband or added a clip to one side. Claire's has fun ones. And not all of them are super childish with pandas and monkeys and whatnot. They also have a few basic ones.

Lol, you read my mind because that's what I pictured:lol:. I'll definitely check out the basic ones.

Thanks ladies, keep the ideas coming. I'm going to try a flexi rod set and report back.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
I was over the fake hair too. Did it for years. Though now, I'm getting my protective style on with crochet braids, here's what I did without the fake follicles:

1. Any 'out' styles. Though for my short and ultra-fine hair, flat twist outs and cornrow outs look the fullest.
2. modified shingle. Slicking everything back (with product), letting it get semi dry then fluffing it out--makes chunkier ringlets
3. Not big on accessories but headbands help on bad-hair days
4. pull the back or sides up for above styles
5. rollersets
6. twist outs on blow outs or lightly flat ironed hair
7. pin curls

Currently, when resting my hair from the braids, I will do the above or wear 2 stuffed french rolls or twists. Yes, you throw a hunk of fake hair in there, but it makes my rolls look thick. lol.

ETA: I missed that you are relaxed! Arg! Well, those styles could work if you dont use heat. lol:lol:

Last edited:

Seamonster

My crown is mouth length, and that is just long enough for a tiny high donut bun. Think I am going to explore the bun for winter.

-high donut bun
-crown braid
-curlformer sets
-pony tail rollerset and messy bob