I don't think I can transition... HELP

moriahar

:NONO: I don't want to cut my hair off. I think my face is toooooooooooo BIG for that. :lachen: If it wasn't for that I would totally agree.

SpecialK1

I completely feel ya on this. I am 6 months since my last relaxer and I BC'd on Saturday night. I must say it was liberating. I didn't even miss the broken relaxed strands at the end. I've been wearing a sewn in weave for my protective styling for this transition.

moriahar

OK OK OK HERE I AM. She cut me(but not too short. I'm back to the length I was in my profile pic except my back is shorter). I like it. It looks so healthy again now that I don't have scraggly ends. No relaxer just a flat iron and she used the hot comb on my edges. She evaluated my hair and said that looks like I take good care of my hair (especially since I haven't had it done in over 3 years. After asking me my regimen, she suggested me lightly greasing my scalp maybe once a week with bergamont(that's the only name I remembered but she named other greases too.)

Ready for the big reveal???? lol

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
OK OK OK HERE I AM. She cut me(but not too short. I'm back to the length I was in my profile pic except my back is shorter). I like it. It looks so healthy again now that I don't have scraggly ends. No relaxer just a flat iron and she used the hot comb on my edges. She evaluated my hair and said that looks like I take good care of my hair (especially since I haven't had it done in over 3 years. After asking me my regimen, she suggested me lightly greasing my scalp maybe once a week with bergamont(that's the only name I remembered but she named other greases too.)

Ready for the big reveal???? lol

That's great moriahar! I'm glad that your stylist was willing to help you along with your transition since most of them would be quick to relax :yep: it looks nice and healthy. Keep it up! We're all here rooting (no pun intended :lachen:) for you.

jennboo

When i transitioned the styling was actually easy...i just looked a hot mess (no really, lol).

I would wash and condition my hair (Con and whatever random conditioner i could get my hands on). Then i would roller set, sit under my hood dryer, put coconut oil on my new growth and relaxed hair and smooth it into a wrap or comb it straight back, and throw a scarf on overnight.

At the end of the transition i didnt have the patience or inclination to rollerset it so i would shampoo and condition, douse it in coconut oil...coax it into a wrap (wet wrap) or just comb it back and tie it down with a scarf overnight and use a curling iron to bump the ends.

I wouldn't recommend you go my route if you still want to look cute tho, lol. I never flat ironed or put any direct heat on my new growth bc i did not want to damage it...i didnt care about the relaxed hair so i would hot curl it like everyday, sleep w/out scarves on sometimes...i also cut my hair to chin length so that the relaxed length could be somewhat presentable.

Coconut oil really helped though. Id just slather it on my new growth and tie it down and it would lay flat. If you want to look silky smooth all the time though you'd probably need to flat iron your roots. I don't recommend it though.

Good luck!

Would u consider transitioning in braid extensions?

moriahar

When i transitioned the styling was actually easy...i just looked a hot mess (no really, lol).
Good luck!

Would u consider transitioning in braid extensions?

:lachen: @ the bolded.

I just reread this post and saw your final comment about transitioning in braids..... I'm not that big on braids but I REALLY would like to try a sew in to help me through my transition. Thats still a little up in the air. I'm super funny about people, including the hair dresser, touching my hair.

I've been checking out videos on youtube, trying to figure out how to do it myself. I tried sew in a piece in the back over the summer. My application wasn't horrible but I got the cheapest milkyway weave i could find. I'm going to try again with a better quality hair.