I Double-dare YOU to take the 7 day V-challenge!

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

I used Vaseline on my edges - and I was like, "WOAHHHH!"
I had been searching for something to give me that feeling, that effect. My hair hates gel when it's straightened and grease just 'sits' on my hair, the oils get sucked in.

There's something to this, alright.

aaaaAnd I read recently that vaseline and mineral oil are both natural products and are very helpful to the body- they are noncomedogenic (sp - y'all know what i mean, i'm sleepy,lol) so it doesn't clog pores...you gotta get in and research this stuff for yourself (note to self). That's why the add it to like, EVERYTHING.

Off to see how to add this to my reggie and to load up on vaseline tubs.

Finally, something that will help my dd's ends. Her natural hair is waistlength, but her ends are not smooth. I can't wait to try it!!!

lolascurls

Whoa!
I'm going to try this because I need to do SOMETHING about my ends! I'll let ya'll know how it feels in a week!

omegachick31

Okay I'm in and I will actually be surprised if it doesn't work....I think Vaseline is probably the missing ingrediant to some cure-all remedy...kinda like Tussein (Robitussein...think Chris Rock)

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Vaseline update: This thing is a KeEpEr!!

I don't know how I've never tried this before - it really seems like a no-brainer when you think about it.

My hair remained so moist and smooth after cowashing, it was unreal. I'm a religous wetbunner, and vaseline was XXXxactly what i needed. My hair remained super shiney and so moisturized. I just couldn't get over it. When I finally straightened last week, my ends were perfect, like they had just been clipped (over a month ago).

I used it on my daughter's ends, and they are now supple and smooth, not dry and frizzy. I have pics in the Children's Forum.

Thank you thank you thank you for sharing this info!!!

dyh080

I don't know how I've never tried this before - it really seems like a no-brainer when you think about it.

My hair remained so moist and smooth after cowashing, it was unreal. I'm a religous wetbunner, and vaseline was XXXxactly what i needed. My hair remained super shiney and so moisturized. I just couldn't get over it. When I finally straightened last week, my ends were perfect, like they had just been clipped (over a month ago).

I used it on my daughter's ends, and they are now supple and smooth, not dry and frizzy. I have pics in the Children's Forum.

Thank you thank you thank you for sharing this info!!!

Thank you for this post.....Vaseline is going to be one of my "protective styles" this winter.Yes, "Protective" because it will protect my ends from the ravages of air.
Someone posted a thread on this topic here and initially got blasted for stating that petroleum is protective until she replied with proof from an independent source.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Do you moisturize and seal before or after you apply vaseline?
Do you only do this on poo days?
ETA: You only apply to the ends, right...not the entire head?

I didn't read through all the pages, sorry if this has already been covered. I notice this thread has been around for a long while so I'm sure my answers are embedded somewhere within all the pages. TIA!

lamaria211

do u ever mix the vaseline with oils or anything do u moisturize before u put it on your ends and are natural girls doing this too?????

grow

i'm thinking about trying this......OP has some good questions, though, like:

do people moisturize and seal first?

waht about the hair that isn't in the bun....do you pass a light layer of vaseline over that, too?

it seems like good news though! thanks ladies for bumping this good info up!

Tif392002

i been doing this to my ends... and sometimes i mix Evoo in the vaseline... I also like using sulfur 8 on my ends... i never see split ends. Im natural.

I'm going to use it tonight after my cowash. I'm glad I saw this thread because my ends have been so rough and dry lately. I hope I get good results like you ladies.

Nonie

i dont know what i did wrong...but my hair was a hot mess after doing it for four days...

I wouldn't do it daily. Vaseline seems to stay on so I don't understand the need to keep reapplying every day. I did it once to my twists. Applied S Curl to the entire length of twists and Vaseline at the ends. The ends looked whitish but I didn't let that scare me. I then put my hair up and baggied for the night and the next day just added a clip:

My hair was fine. It looked OK and felt OK. Since I baggy, the addition of products to a head that is usually bare felt a bit smothering TO ME, so my next experiment is just applying S Curl and Vaseline to ends before putting them away. After I washed my hair, I applied just S Curl to ends before styling my hair. I sorta liked that, but I want to get serious about sealing my ends hence the plan to use S Curl AND Vaseline on ends only. I like the length of my twists bare. I'm sure having some product would be good for it, but I.Just.Don't.Like.It!

grow

ladies, i didn't know it would take a sulfate shampoo to get this vaseline out of our hair, but now that i've been informed of that most important detail, i have to back out of this challenge.

my hair cannot stand the harshness of sls poos and already to chelate or on perm days, is enough sls for all the months in between. definitely not something i can use weekly (vaseline then sls).

good luck to all of you who get good results though, i'm glad it works out well for you all!

BoaterGirlKim

I'm stopping vaseline sealing today, my 3rd day trying it in a span of about 5 days. When I took my scrunchie off to readjust/loosen my bun, I examined a single hair that was stuck in the scrunchie and pulled it at the ends. The vaseline end snapped like a twig. I pulled what was left of the longer piece (non-vaseline) and it stretched then popped after enough tension was applied. The hair tucked in the bun also did not feel wet but on the brittle side. This evening I shampooed it out and conditioned with Trader Joe's Nourish Spa, and will wash with a sulfate on Thursday morning after pre-pooing Wednesday night. I'm relaxed with very thin hair so I have to really watch it - careful with the vaseline ladies!

abcd09

I'm stopping vaseline sealing today, my 3rd day trying it in a span of about 5 days. When I took my scrunchie off to readjust/loosen my bun, I examined a single hair that was stuck in the scrunchie and pulled it at the ends. The vaseline end snapped like a twig. I pulled what was left of the longer piece (non-vaseline) and it stretched then popped after enough tension was applied. The hair tucked in the bun also did not feel wet but on the brittle side. This evening I shampooed it out and conditioned with Trader Joe's Nourish Spa, and will wash with a sulfate on Thursday morning after pre-pooing Wednesday night. I'm relaxed with very thin hair so I have to really watch it - careful with the vaseline ladies!
I wonder why it didnt work/why it was brittle? I was going to try until reading this.

prettybyrd

I think I am going to give this a shot. I think I'll try just about anything to get these ends in better shape, I just have to keep the vaseline off my scalp.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
i am trying this for the week...but i am using chicoro's method.

but i have decided to use Unpetroleum Jelly.

here's the product info.....

Alba Un-Petroleum Jelly is the original multi-purpose skin moisturizer and protectant made from only pure plant oils and all natural waxes. With beeswax, moisture rich coconut oil and soothing, protective vitamin E, this natural, non-petroleum jelly is perfect as an all-over body moisturizer for soothing, softening skin rejuvenation.

Moisturize and soothe dry skin
Prevent chafing and windburn
Gently remove eye make-up
Help protect baby from diaper rash
Signature ingredient: Rich in fatty acids, coconut oil is anti-microbial, deeply moisturizing and soothing to the skin.

Ingredients: Ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, beeswax, hydrogenated castor oil, tocopheryl acetate and tocopherol (Vitamin E).
Free OfPetrolatum, paraffin, mineral oil, artificial fragrances and parabens.

Alba Un-Petroleum Multi-Purpose Jelly -- 3.5 oz - Vitacost

my method.....

i wet my hair with water.

applied my moisturizer. sealed with oil. and applied the Unpetroleum Jelly

i will do for 7 days.

Niapb

Trying. Anything for these ends, I can't run my hand through my hair anymore without hearing pops and snaps.

barbie87

I LOVE this on day 3 with great results! my hair is not long enough for a bun but i do big twist wrap it in a scarf for the day then I co-wash with mane N Tale. I dont want to shampoo everyday i know that I'm not getting it all out but i massage my scalp to make sure that it is not getting on my scalp.

freckledface

LAMARia I did it last night... Eehhhh... It feels weird but we shall see. I bun all the time so I was like whatever, it its bad ill just wash it out.