I feel so UNSEXY with a bun

ellebelle88

Ladies, I have been rocking a bun for the past week and every morning I get up and restyle it, I feel bummy. It kinda makes me feel like there's no reason to do my makeup and everything else. But even when I do go all out when wearing a bun, I still feel pretty grummy.

How do you guys sexyify your buns or yourselves when you have your hair in a bun? If I'm going to be bunning on a regular basis, I want to still feel good about myself. So any tips/pics of cute buns, please let me know. Maybe I should just use a fake bun, will that help??

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

^ I don't feel as vivacious wearing my hair in a bun, I must admit. I miss my bouncing and behaving locks...I thought about a fake bun, but I don't think that will help...I do rock glitzy earrings and make sure my make-up is on point and my hair is shiny...that helps a bit.

blessedandlucky

continue to do your make-up if this is your thing. also, bunning is a great time to experiment with bolder earrings and different kinds of earrings since they won't get lost behind your hair.

and, at the end of the day, remember: "i am not my hair". lol:)

blasianbeauty

I've seen some pretty buns. Mariposasexygirl's look very nice (I'm not sure if she still has it in her siggy though). I like messy braidout buns and side ones as well. If it looks elegant and if your face is made up, it can be a very good look.

audacity.

if you don't feel great about your hair, make sure your accessories and face (ie make-up) and clothes are on point...that'll help you out.

OR try a french twist or french roll instead...

i'm used to it and if you decide to use the bun to grow your hair out you will too! :yep:

TheNewFine

Make-up on point, beautiful accessories and a "tres chic" attitude! I imagine I am this worldly French woman looking oh so sophisiticated in my chignon!

file:///C:/Users/Owner/Pictures/Chignon.gif

Last edited:

yuriko

Same here. I don't care much for buns either; I sure don't feel sexy. So most time I pin my hair up into updos, not quite buns.

ellebelle88

Make-up on point, beautiful accessories and a "tres chic" attitude! I imagine I am this worldly French women looking oh so sophisiticated in my chignon!

Ok, this bun looks stunning, but my bun never looks as elegant and chic as this. Maybe I need to learn how to perfect my buns, idk. Do you all use gel or mousse or anything?

Sweet Charm

i felt the same way as you when i woke up this morning, so I decided to try something different. I made a low side ponytail and then I braided it and then wrapped it around itself to form a bun, and then i put a cute flower pin in it. I was surprised I got a lot of compliments on it today. and i think it looks alot sexier than just a plain bun at the back of my head which I have been doing for awhile.

LaidBak

I SOOOO feel you. I am not even allowed to do big earrings or nice accessories because I am in the military. So I am stuck with a boring old grandma bun everyday.
You could try headbands in various colors, fabrics, and widths. You could try putting a flower in the side of your bun. You could use jeweled pins or barrettes. You could use those chopsticks too.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

^^^Well. Ladies I do all of the above, even the "I'm a French Cosmopolitan attitude"...but after a while, it still gets a little tired...and i get compliments on my bunned hair almost daily...I just really love wearing my hair out...so this is a concession i'm making in the short-term to achieve my long-term goals...which is what i remind myself just before walking out the door....

iCandyc

How are you wearing ur bun? low or high? I do high buns, I think it looks sexy, I usually wear big earrings and do my make up makes my facial features come out more

Last edited:

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

^^I prefer high buns, but i cut 6 inches of hair...so now i do low buns...Now I can rock a sexy high bun, fo sho, but when i do it now, the effect is not the same bcs i've cut soo much hair...i'm transitioning....

SouthernDimps

my low buns make me look crazy!!! i usually do high buns because of my long neck with some jiggy earrings. Sometimes a flashy headband can sexify a bun :)

Soliel185

I kinda feel like a naughty secretary in my bun. :look:
Although, if I'm bored I'll style just the bangs so they frame my face and that makes it a bit more exciting.

TheNewFine

Ok, this bun looks stunning, but my bun never looks as elegant and chic as this. Maybe I need to learn how to perfect my buns, idk. Do you all use gel or mousse or anything?

Gel for me is an absolute must...plus a scarf to tie my hair down for at least 15 minutes in the morning.

SelfStyled

I have to agree I do not look that sexy when I bun. What I have found to help is big hoops, and yesterday I made a clip in bang so that I could have a long and dramatic bun.

LivingDoll

I kinda feel like a naughty secretary in my bun. :look:
Although, if I'm bored I'll style just the bangs so they frame my face and that makes it a bit more exciting.

Me too..:lachen:

I wear mainly low buns (centered or to the side)...I always do bolder makeup looks (its all about eyes and lips) and put on my diamond or pearl studs...you can't tell me I ain't sexy with my bunned up hair! I wear a phony bun with my ends baggied underneath. :yep:

Last edited:

BotanyGrl

I just dress them up with hair accessories and just walk out the house feeling like I OWN it. Before I hid behind my hair, but now I love to pull it out of my face and into a bun. I still feel sexy. It's something about the simplicity of it...