How can I wear a bun without needing to carry tylenol with me???

shinyblackhair

Buns give me headaches these days for some reason? I have been rocking the bun since high school (I'm now 31) and these days I just can't do it...especially when I'm 2+ months post relaxer and have lots of ng. I have very thick hair....When I'm getting ready to go out, I always seem to do my bun too tight. It never seems tight until I'm out and about and my head aches and my eyebrows feel as though their touching my hair line, lol...

Do you all have any tips on making a nice sleek bun, without the tightness???

Thanks in advance,

~shinyblackhair

JLove74

Buns give me headaches these days for some reason? I have been rocking the bun since high school (I'm now 31) and these days I just can't do it...especially when I'm 2+ months post relaxer and have lots of ng. I have very thick hair....When I'm getting ready to go out, I always seem to do my bun too tight. It never seems tight until I'm out and about and my head aches and my eyebrows feel as though their touching my hair line, lol...

Do you all have any tips on making a nice sleek bun, without the tightness???

Thanks in advance,

~shinyblackhair

what about a neat messy bun. I think those look much more carefree, yet still sophisticated and neat.

ladylibra

^^^ITA. when i was transitioning i had to learn this the hard way too - trying to pull your hair back tightly always ends in bad headaches.

your hair is just not going to be as smooth and slicked back as when it is straightened. :perplexed you can get around that and still create cute styles that don't give you headaches though.

charmtreese

try using large open "v" hair pins, instead of ponytail holders and bobby pins. To get your buns sleek and smooth tie your edges up at night with a satin or silk scarf. I wear loose buns just about everyday and use these methods and never have tension headaches from tight buns. :yep: