I found my hair twin. Please help me!

leejure

Please look at the link below. The very last lady "Wavezandcurlz" Our hair type is identical! Can you please tell me what hair type she is (according to Andre Walker ) My wavey bun looks just like her wavey "roll". As you can see, she has more waves than curls (IMO). So that is a 3b right? Thanks in advance!

-lee

http://www.nappturality.com/types.htm

JenJen2721

I think more of a 3a. My daughter's hair is very similar to yours except her curls are slightly coilier and her waves are smaller. I'm thinking she's a 3b/3c. So I would guess you're a 3a.

Katrine

As far as I know the difference between type 2 and type 3 are not waves or coils, but if the hair 'stands out' or 'grow out/up' from the scalp. If it lays flat it is type 2. It all depends on length too. Length weigh hair down which can result in a more 'wavy' look.

I cant see the picture very well (I can only see the small pic) but I would say she is a 3a.

leejure

Thank you Ladies! My hair is funny that I don't know what I am. I say I am a Big Mixture. When my hair is wet or when I put oil in it, it looks just like the lady on the link, but when wet and I let it dry with nothing in it...it gets much bigger and fuller. Anyway, thank you so much for your response!

-lee

adrienne0914

*bump*

lee, your hair is really similar to hers. i always think of it as 3A. so i'd like to see more opinions on this one.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I think she's a 3a, too. Her hair looks like the older daughter on My Wife and Kids. The younger daughter on the show looks like 3b or 3c, IMO...

KittenLongPaw

No person with wavy hair will have a strong wave pattern like that. People with wavy hair the way Andre intended can easily brush the wave out of their hair. I took it like he was referring to people who might think that they actually have straight hair that misbehaves, like poofy straight hair.
3a hair is loose curls, 3b is tighter corkscrews/spirals, 3c is tight straw-sized corkscrews IMO.
The lady in the link you gave has corkscrews, look at the hair by her ear.
The curliest part of my hair has that strong wave pattern if brushed down against my scalp. If I let it be "free" it will make super tight 3c corkscrews...
Leejure, your hair doesn't make any corksrews at all?

leejure

Just like you described, it I brush it against my scalp, I have deep waves (like in the picture). If I let it be 'free' and put oil in it, it is looser curls but more waves (please see my pixs in my album for this ex.)If I don't put oil in it, I get poofy loose (very loose) curl pattern (see picture as for this ex. as well)

Thanks Kitten!

-lee

PapillionRouge

I saw that picture about a month ago, and I also thought of her as my hair twin as well. I looked all throughout the site for what her hair type was, but nothing mentioned it. Im still confused about my hair type.

KittenLongPaw

Hi leejure and caramelle
Yeah, the hair typing system is very confusing
I am still trying to figure out if my hair is more 3c or 3b. But leejure, I looked at your pics and your hair is somewhat similar to mine, but lately my hair looks curlier. When I used to press it out, (a few years ago) it didn't make as defined curls and ringlets when I let it be curly. Now that I ALWAYS wear it curly and moisturize, moisturize, MOISTURIZE! it seems more ringlet-y
Pressing made my hair dryer and it didn't curl as well. BUT, I know that your hair is NOT wavy (at least in the way that Andre meant). True wavy hair like that wouldn't make actual curls. HTH!

PapillionRouge

Thanx!
Luv ur screen name by the way!
oo: Im a serious cat lover.

Sometimes I dont think I fit into any of Andre's description of hairtyping..sometimes thinking Im a mixture. Im gonna be posting some pics soon to hopefully get some help from yall.