I found my ONE product line (almost)

sareca

Yeah, I know I've been dropping all kinda of bombs lately. This is the second to last one, promise. :crossfingers: I've been shopping around for one product line. I'm tired of the one hit wonders, the endless experiments, the mounting cost AND I've been looking at my cabinets thinking of all the things I could do with that space.

I had a few qualification for my new line:
  • It had to work as well as my hodge-podge.
  • It had to come in salon sizes (i need a liter folks)
  • The salon size had to be less than $30
  • It has to be available locally (no mail order or shipping)
It's still early but after co-washing this morning I realized I could see a significant difference in the softness, smoothness, and shine of my hair and I've only used this stuff 5X. :huh: It has absolutely NO frizz and the color looks deeper and richer. Weird. Anywho, you might be wondering what the new magic line is...?

It's Redken! (and Graham Web Velvet Soft)
Specifically their All Soft line.

I've used the All Soft Conditioner, All Soft Heavy Cream, and the Gold Perfecting Shine Treatment. I haven't tried the poo (I rarely poo) nor have I tried the thermal leave-in (i'm not using much heat these days). Anyway, they all did exactly what they said they'd do. :eek:

I still have a couple issues tho, I want a silk-based (or light protein-based) leave-in , eventually I'll need to do a protein treatment, and I need a moisturizer. Once again Redken to the rescue. They have a fortifying line called extreme.

The extreme line has TWO protein-based leave-in conditioners, but I haven't tried them yet either. I was trying out Graham Webb's Silk and Velvet Soft lines. I'm still using the Silk Repair Protein Leave-in which rocks. The Velvet soft did make my hair much softer but, it didn't give me the same shine or depth of color that Redken did. Originally I'd used them together but started using Redken
exclusively yesterday and the results got better. :yep: I did a 30-min DC with heat using the All Soft Conditioner then sat there, staring at the mirror with my mouth open. :eek: I was scared I'd overmoisturized but I didn't find one broken hair. As a matter of fact the shed hair started sliding out it was so smooth.

These results aren't totally unusual for me. I can get almost the same thing using Silicon Mix (strength), Aveda DR (softness), Salerm 21 (smoothness), my red palm cream and a spray of Eqyss Rehydrant (softness after it dries completely). This time I used 2 products All Soft Conditioner and Graham Webb Silk Protein Leave-in and that's it! :drunk: I didn't even use a moisturizer.

And yes... All Soft Heavy Cream Conditioner smoked Aveda DR in softness. :hide:

I'm going to use the Graham Webb leave-in until it's gone, but the
goal is to use RedKen products only. I hope the RedKen leave-ins are as good but if they aren't I might have to cheat a little. :blush3:

Anybody else found their "ONE Product Line" or close to it?

Last edited:

nybeat26

Congratulations!!!!!

I haven't found mines yet but I am still looking after I use up this nexxus phyto organics stuff I am going to move on to either Kenra or Joico now I am adding Redken to the list

Cleve_gryl

All Soft smoked DR?!?! :ohwell:

Aveda DR is my ONE...I've tried just about everything (except Redken) and DR has become my staple. I do have an All Soft gift set I bought at JCPenny for $10...has a little bottle of Heavy Cream, poo and con...dang :look:

BreZn

Any pix yet of your hair with these products? I wish it was closer to payday before I read your post. :lachen:You are breaking my heart with that Aveda DR comment. :ohwell:

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
I'm an Elasta QP girl...Intense cond. for co-washes and Recovery Oil Moisturizer for leave-in/daily moisturizer. I've tried other moisturizers and nothing moisturizes my situation like Recovery Oil Moisturizer.

gymfreak336

Good for your Sareca! I know it feels good. I haven't bought much of nothing lately. I think I have found my two lines. I use Kenra for moisture and Joico Kpak for mild-medium protein. I just use Paul Mitchell and HE for my leave ins:yep: I do like the fact that all of them come in liter sizes. People might be shocked to see how affordable they are especially on sales.

bbdgirl

Wow this so cool, cuz I am going to buy the Redken All Soft set for myself as a present, after I meet my weight loss challenge goals. I can't wait, and I am so glad to hear that you gave it a great review. I am all about simplifying my product usage.

fivetimestwo

I am beginning to feel this way about aveda :yep: Especially in light of the fact that CON is soon to be a thing of the past. I haven't researched their poos lately, but if they have something even close to CON (sulfate free), I may begin to use Aveda exclusively. I am already totally in love with their styling products (hang straight and brilliant anti-humectant). :lick:

moonglowdiva

I have redken all soft. I looooooove the conditioner.:yep: I use it for my co washes. I hate the shampoo with a passion. My hair rebelled because it had detergent in it and my hair said no way.:nono: I even to dilute with 8oz of water and conditioner. Still no.:nono:

janeemat

The Redken All Soft and the Extreme line are very good products. I used them exclusively before joining this board. The Heavy Cream is wonderful and the anti snap leave is very good. I still have unopened bottle of it in my closet. If I had to, I would go back to using these products again. I must say that I don't think the All Soft smoked the DR. It does give good slip, but I don't know.

HoneyDew

Kind of.

I use shampoo and conditioner from the same line. But until Qhemet and Fermodyl come up with shampoos and conditioners I like, I have to just get my leave-ins/moisturizers from them.

But, I have made a habit of using shampoo and conditioners sets from the same line. I do it so much now, that it feels odd to mis-match. But that limits my choices because not only do I use sulfate free shampoos, I use silicone free conditioners.

sareca

:blush:

First, Phytorelaxer....

now you speak sacrilige to us?

What is happening in '08?

:lol:

I know... straight blasphemy. :eek: I hope I'm not gonna end up in hair hell :pray:

Aveda used to do this for me. The second I rinsed the Heavy Cream, it was like reuniting with an old flame. :love2: It was the Aveda I knew from back in the day. Aveda still made my hair softer than anything else I had on hand, but after DC'g with the Heavy Cream I was afraid I'd overconditioned it. It was that soft. A few years ago the only time I used protein was when I accidently overconditioned with Aveda. Aveda NEVER overconditions my hair anymore. :) We just don't have it like that now. :(

ETA: Sorry ya'll the Heavy Cream smoked Aveda for me, not the All Soft Conditioner. The Graham Webb Velvet Soft Advanced Softening also smoked Aveda. I think the Graham Web made my hair softer than anything I've used before, it just doesn't make it as shiny or smooth. It's not rough, but I like that "glass" shine on my hair. It has a nice sheen tho. :yep: I'll take pics... if I don't mess it up. I have a bad case of hand in hair right now.

Last edited:

sareca

Kind of.

I use shampoo and conditioner from the same line. But until Qhemet and Fermodyl come up with shampoos and conditioners I like, I have to just get my leave-ins/moisturizers from them.

But, I have made a habit of using shampoo and conditioners sets from the same line. I do it so much now, that it feels odd to mis-match. But that limits my choices because not only do I use sulfate free shampoos, I use silicone free conditioners.

Dang! Redken only has ONE moisturizer and it's a UV protectant. I'm gonna give it a shot. :(

sareca

Any pix yet of your hair with these products? I wish it was closer to payday before I read your post. :lachen:You are breaking my heart with that Aveda DR comment. :ohwell:

I'm sorry. I didn't want it to be true either but Aveda hasn't been treating me right. I think he's grown tired of me. :( I'm moving on to somebody that appreciates me and makes me feel special. :)

I'll take some pics tonight. :yep: Last night I DC'd with Velvet Soft last night (no oil rinsing), no moisturizer, no leave-ins. It's very fluffy, but not frizzy, and very very soft.

Last edited:

Wanderland

I'm use the extreme line exclusively for protein. I use the deep fuel protein treat once every 8 weeks for a major protein Rx (the pack comes with 5 I think) I like it because it doesn't make my hair super hair and is easy to condition afterward. I also use the Deep Force protein conditioner for pre-poos mixed with the sauve version of the Extreme conditioner (its pretty thick and doesn't spread well so I use sauve to water it down). I like it, but haven't used other protein treatments so I cant compare.

This thread has me wanting to try their other lines such as all soft etc. I know you can FREQUENTLY get Redken on sale at white salons, like 28 for 2 L's sizes of shampoo/cond sets., so when buying like that its actually a very affordable line:yep:

sareca

I'm use the extreme line exclusively for protein. I use the deep fuel protein treat once every 8 weeks for a major protein Rx (the pack comes with 5 I think) I like it because it doesn't make my hair super hair and is easy to condition afterward. I also use the Deep Force protein conditioner for pre-poos mixed with the sauve version of the Extreme conditioner (its pretty thick and doesn't spread well so I use sauve to water it down). I like it, but haven't used other protein treatments so I cant compare.

This thread has me wanting to try their other lines such as all soft etc. I know you can FREQUENTLY get Redken on sale at white salons, like 28 for 2 L's sizes of shampoo/cond sets., so when buying like that its actually a very affordable line:yep:

It's $25 for a liter at Ulta. :yep: :up:

lexi08

I really like the Redken line also. The All Soft, The Smooth Down and Extreme line are great. I have been using the products for 8 months now. Like another poster said Redken products are always on sale.

sareca

All Soft smoked DR?!?! :ohwell:

Aveda DR is my ONE...I've tried just about everything (except Redken) and DR has become my staple. I do have an All Soft gift set I bought at JCPenny for $10...has a little bottle of Heavy Cream, poo and con...dang :look:

If DR is working for you stay with it. :yep: It just didn't put it on me like it used too. :lachen:

Wanderland

I'm thinking of dying my hair golden-brown with a regular synthetic dye. :shhh: :sekret:

Wow, I say go for it! I'm sure you'll relieve a lot ladies fear of it, because you always take such great care of your hair, I'm sure you'll make it work, and look easy while doing it!

sareca

Wow, I say go for it! I'm sure you'll relieve a lot ladies fear of it, because you always take such great care of your hair, I'm sure you'll make it work, and look easy while doing it!

My hair has been reddish-brown or jet-black for the last 2 years. I need a change, if only for the summer. I used to use Natural Instincts Golden Brown and always turned out great. I tried Natural Instincts Black and it was a disaster that results in a 2 inch trim and sent me looking for a natural alternative. :( I think as long as I stick with the lighter colors I'll be ok.

I just did a indigo treatment so it'll be a while before it fades, but as soon as it does I'm getting Golden Cappuccino from their new Shimmer line. I'll let ya'll know how my strand test goes.

Last edited:

morehairplease

I wish I could say this sareca! yesterday, I ordered samples of Max Green's scalp rescue poo & co to try out b/c I have yet to find a poo/co to use on my natural tresses. However, I am still looking for a good co(for cw, deep, and protein treatments), pre-poo, water based moisturizer, and oil sealant.