I found my ONE product line (almost)

MrsBKJ

Hey...its funny I ordered the shampoo, conditioner and the heavy cream yesterday!
I hope it works as well on my hair as it did on yours sareca!!

Uzz

MissRissa

yeah sareca, I love me some Redken. I use the All soft shampoo & heavy cream, clear moisture conditioner for co washes, the smooth down butter treatment for DC, and I use the extreme anti-snap probably on a daily basis for my wash n gos, oh and the hair milk.

I have the CAT protein reconstructing treatment. I'm not sure yet if I really like this. I'm new to the board and very new to this protein treatment stuff. I used it last week and it made the crown of my hair so ugh feeling, even after the DC.

When I got put on to redken like 3 years ago, I didnt know about the velvet whip or the detangling cream leave-in, so I shall be purchasing.

I hate this board, I've spent like $200 in the past 2 months on hair stuff. Mainly that dag on Ovation which im so anxious to get on Friday.

sareca

yeah sareca, I love me some Redken. I use the All soft shampoo & heavy cream, clear moisture conditioner for co washes, the smooth down butter treatment for DC, and I use the extreme anti-snap probably on a daily basis for my wash n gos, oh and the hair milk.

I have the CAT protein reconstructing treatment. I'm not sure yet if I really like this. I'm new to the board and very new to this protein treatment stuff. I used it last week and it made the crown of my hair so ugh feeling, even after the DC.

When I got put on to redken like 3 years ago, I didnt know about the velvet whip or the detangling cream leave-in, so I shall be purchasing.

I hate this board, I've spent like $200 in the past 2 months on hair stuff. Mainly that dag on Ovation which im so anxious to get on Friday.

:lachen:Welcome to my world. I'm hoping by having one product line it'll cut down on expenses.

sareca

Velvet Soft from Graham Web. It was extremely soft, fluffy, bounced when I walked, and swayed when the wind blew it. I didn't use anything but Velvet Soft and a little oil (and I didn't oil rinse). It didn't use any moisturizer and no leave-ins. It really didn't need any and it stayed soft and moist all day.

I just wasn't as shiny and I wasn't crazy about the bounciness it just felt weird to have my hair moving when it was in a wng. It also pointed towards the sky more than the ground. I like it pointing down (it makes it look longer) ;) but I could get addicted to the softness. :cloud9:

All Soft Heavy Cream by Redken, the Velvet Whip Leave-in and a little oil (again no oil rinsing and no other products). It has a deep shine, it's not as soft as Velvet soft but it's softer than Aveda. It's also very smooth. It feels like the surface of the hair is oiled (but it's not oily).

I didn't see any breakage from either but the Velvet soft hair stretched more (before breaking) than the All Soft treated hair. Velvet soft would have been my primary had it been a little shinier or a little more available.

I guess I like them both for different reasons. So I guess I have two new lines, but Redken is my primary.

I've started clearing my shelves. Stuff I only sorta liked is going in the trash (or to a girlfriend). Stuff I've loved for years (like Aveda) is being boxed and put in a back closet. When the PJ in my decides to try something new I'll revisit the old favs.

Last edited:

taraglam2

Okay Sareca--- I just HAD to go out at lunchtime to ULTA today and pick up the REDKEN All Soft Conditioner and REDKEN All Soft Heavy Cream. I hope my hair likes it. :yep:

sareca

Okay Sareca--- I just HAD to go out at lunchtime to ULTA today and pick up the REDKEN All Soft Conditioner and REDKEN All Soft Heavy Cream. I hope my hair likes it. :yep:

Save your receipt. If your hair doesn't like it take that sucka back and exchange it for the Graham Webb Velvet Soft one. :yep:

If you want shine, softness, and smoothness Redken is definitely it.
If you want moisture and body then so with Velvet Soft by Graham Web.

Last edited:

Twisties

For those interested, I ran in JC Penney this evening to get Nioxin (which they we eout of). BUT I saw that they had this Redken All Soft line on sale so I got that since I read this review today.

It's a box with the shampoo, conditioner and cream for $9.99. Appeared to be on the clearance rack and was marked 50% off.

They also had Mizani shampoo/conditioner deals for $17.99. Biolage was on sale for Buy one Get one 50% off but I have that in my stash.

Thanks for the All Soft review Sareca.

sareca

I'm alternating between All Soft and Velvet Soft still. I've been using the Velvet soft conditioner as my moisturizer. It's working very well, but there's not enough shine. I wish Redken had a moisturizer. :(

Oh and I love Velvet Soft with oil rinsing. It keeps it from being so fluffy. I don't like fluffy. :nono:

So far... Redken smooths and shines. Velvet Soft softens and moisturizers.
I need them all! I guess I'm gonna have two lines. *sigh*

Last edited:

SignatureBeauty

I had found my Product line and was very happy with it, EXCEPT things are getting a little expensive for online ordering, especially with High Gas & Food Prices and then your salary stay the same. But I have found alot of good hair products I can get in stores and beauty supply, So after I am done with my last online order I will only order Henna online, I am gonna give that a Try again, Other than that I will use products I can just go buy.

Plus I have 2 heads full of hair to do and that takes alot of product LOL!!!

I am glad you found your products!!!!!!!

sareca

For those interested, I ran in JC Penney this evening to get Nioxin (which they we eout of). BUT I saw that they had this Redken All Soft line on sale so I got that since I read this review today.

It's a box with the shampoo, conditioner and cream for $9.99. Appeared to be on the clearance rack and was marked 50% off.

They also had Mizani shampoo/conditioner deals for $17.99. Biolage was on sale for Buy one Get one 50% off but I have that in my stash.

Thanks for the All Soft review Sareca.

Really?! :wow: That's a nice price.

Aveena

I've been sold on Redkens for a while... all soft and anti snap help keep my moisture/protein levels ok day to day... I haven't tried shampoos or conditioners although I probably should give them a try. :yep:

sareca

I've been sold on Redkens for a while... all soft and anti snap help keep my moisture/protein levels ok day to day... I haven't tried shampoos or conditioners although I probably should give them a try. :yep:

A few folks have mentioned anti-snap. I've gotta try that! Ulta was out last time I was there. :(

Last edited:

Brownie518

A few folks have mentioned anti-snap. I've gotta try that! Ulta was out last time I was there. :(

Anti-snap is great! You should definitely try it. I love the Extreme line, esp Deep Fuel and Rescue Force. I'm about to get some of those Chemistry Shots to try out, too :yep:

Cleve_gryl

That Butter Treat is :eek:. I just did a DC with my sample bottle, and I can't believe how slippery my hair was. It really did feel over moisturized to me too...now I need a full sized bottle :rolleyes:

Irresistible

I love the butter treat and the heavy cream

and one of them *cant remember which one* can be left in

Thanks for reminding me I need to get this stuff again

chebaby

the all soft line is amazing in every sence of the word. the shampoo is great but to me any consitioning shampoo can get the job done but nothing, and i mean nothing can get the job done better than my all soft heavy cream.
i can co wash and deep condition with it. and one day i may even use it as a leave in. i just wish it came in bigger sizes.

joyandfaith

Yes! Redken All-Soft is the best. This is also my One magic product. I can't wait until the Redken Real Control comes out next month...I may have to switch to that for awhile.