I got that good hair!!

Did I tell you ladies how sick my dh makes me about his hair. I got that good hair. The kids and I just don't even look at him. I tell him, yeah it is good and nappy like everyone elses. I am a 4b, he is a 4a. I use to braid his hair for years, it ain't all that. He says my granddaddy was half indian, then I say, most of our grandparents were.

Last edited:

Casarela

Since hes your hubby and you have kids with him you should educate him. There are plenty of woman in here that never had long hair in their childhood and grew healthy long hair...show him their fotkis.

None taken. Needed to vent. Love him to death but how ignorant can you be. He thinks that my hair wont grow long.

I have thought about it but am use to letting things go for peace sake. He does not believe black ladies can have long hair without being mixed with another race

Evolving78

girl, dh says and feels the same way. he has a looser, wavier, texture. but i'm here to prove him wrong and i educate and talk to him a daily basis, since hair and makeup are my passion. i love him and even though he isn't too much down with the natural hair, i think once it gets longer, he will come to love it like i do.

Eisani

:deadhorse: I so sick of this foolywang ish... Tell him to get over himself. Its been said time and time again around here, u can show him better than u can tell him.

oldcrayons

Did I tell you ladies how sick my dh makes me about his hair. I got that good hair. The kids and I just don't even look at him. I tell him, yeah it is good and nappy like everyone elses. I am a 4b, he is a 4a. I use to braid his hair for years, it ain't all that. He says my granddaddy was half indian, then I say, most of our grandparents were.

The majority of African-Americans are less than 10% Indian so...

Tarae

You'll just prove him wrong by growing your hair out. I hope the kids aren't picking this up from him or you'll have some serious damage control to do with them. Stop it before it starts.

Mrs.Fitness

Whatever you do dont take it personal. Men are ignorant when it comes to hair. Its how most of them are. Shake it off and keep growing. He will be shocked. LOL. I cant wait to see the look on my dh's face next summer.

HeavenlySkies

You know my SO says the same thing and I'm slowly trying to school him that there's no such thing as "good hair"...I used to think that growing up also and most black people still use that term but you just have to take the time out and let him know what's really good with our hair.​

Eisani

:lachen:alrighty then.
:giggle: how many times are we going to revisit this dead issue? So and so said black women can't grow long hair unless they're part Portuguese on their daddy's uncle's brother's niece's sister's momma's side...bump them and their silly selves and do what you do best; YOU!!! That way, all that bull spit they're talking, they can do while they're walking...Sheesh :rolleyes:

*I have a feeling I'ma end up cursing someone out before the end of the day IRL* :lachen::lachen:

Solitude

Whatever you do dont take it personal. Men are ignorant when it comes to hair. Its how most of them are. Shake it off and keep growing. He will be shocked. LOL. I cant wait to see the look on my dh's face next summer.

I totally agree. I tried to talk to my bf about the benefits of relaxers versus wearing your hair natural & he was like..."why would you stop relaxing? is your hair falling out or something?" so clueless :rolleyes:. But, he didn't mean anything bad by it. The best way to prove him wrong is by growing your hair out. I'm not going to lie, sometimes I wonder why it has to be so hard for us...

jndurieux

I know how you feel, My father is half indian and though I have nice hair ,my daughter looks like she got more of my father's genes and she looks like a dark skin indian/black little girl with very thick curly soft hair and everyone is always saying "she got that good hair"..I think it is pretty ignorant, what is good hair and bad hair. Hair is beautiful in all textures. If it ain't about hair it is about skin color, there is always something.

cocopuff06

I really hate to hear people say that. I have a friend whos chilldren are mixed (she is spanish and white and the father is black and indian) and she always says that her kids have "good hair".... having 4b hair is definitely a challenge, but that certainly doesn't mean its not as good as anyone else's hair.

You know what ladies, you are the best and your responses pepped me up. Thank you very much for you responses. All of you are so very right.

almond eyes

Not to get to turn the conversation into one about race, but according to ancestry experts most African-Americans do not have native-american blood at all even though they think they do. But that is besides the point. Good hair is not about race. To me good hair is healthy hair.

Best,
Almond Eyes

luckiestdestiny

None taken. Needed to vent. Love him to death but how ignorant can you be. He thinks that my hair wont grow long.

Just keep it up and then his thoughts will change, no education necessary.

When my hair's long people say "I can't imagine you with short hair" when I lopped it off to two inches...guess what people would say "I can't imagine you with long hair" :rolleyes:

Just DO it!