I had to walk out of a natural salon with my hair unfinished

CurlsBazillion

I'm glad OP walked out on that stylist because maybe it made her think about her skill level. If I had a client walk out on me in any business it would be a wake up call and I would look at how to improve for the sake of my pride and pocket. I hope the stylist has learned a lesson.

Salons of any kind scare me. I will be a DIY girl til I can't lift my arms to reach my hair anymore, and then my daughter will do my hair. Even the best stylist couldn't care as much as I do about my hair.

Caramelangel247

I would've walked out with my hair looking crazy- here is your advertisement.

"Uh, what happened?"
"I went to #$% #$% salon and this is my blow out. Oh what yall don't like it?!?!?!"

TamedTresses

So you walked out after allowing her to continue with the blow dry and flat iron even though she was doing a horrible job? :confused:

LexiDior

Honestly i wouldnt have paid anything, you where not a satisfied costumer. And you did a great job cleaning up their mess. I think its better for you to do your own blow outs.

TamedTresses

TamedTresses

I am not sure if you are honestly asking a question or if you are being snippy?
Either way, yes I walked out without letting her finish my hair and without letting her do the trim.

Did you pay her? I just didn't see the point of letting her continue since she clearly didn't know what she was doing and you had to do it over yourself. That was a waste of time and money (if you still had to pay) IMO.

TamedTresses

TamedTresses

I was not going to argue over payment or risk a police incident over walking out.

Fair enough. Obviously, I wouldn't have let her finish and then walk out. The minute I saw that she didn't know how to do a proper blow dry, I would have thanked her for her time, offered to pay for the shampoo service and then left.

Caramelangel247

naturalmanenyc said:
Caramelangel247

I considered it but I walked over to the salon. If I had driven, maybe I would have walked out with her version of a blow out.

I feel you. The air of righteous indignation will get you to your car, but trying to walk a mile with a bogus hairstyle? Indignation would only last a block. The rest would just be mortification about your hair and its supposed to be HER walk of shame not yours.

I can't imagine straightening your own hair. It once took me an hour to do my hair and I don't even have that much hair!!!! I can understand why you would rather fork over $50 to get it done instead.

BlackDiamond21

I think you handled it with class and I am so glad you left :) Looking at your blow pics after leaving... I was shocked!!! It was like she was just playing in your hair and had no idea what to do next - CRAZY!!! I hope the stylist has enough pride to want to learn and to do better going forward...

naturalmanenyc

Caramelangel247
I had an awful experience at a Dominican salon a while back and I really wanted to just walk out with wet hair. But it was winter in NYC and I had to take public transportation. I have not driven to a salon since 1997 when I was relaxed. All the salons I've used since then are walking distance or a few stops on the train/bus.

It took me about 25 minutes to blow out my hair and 30-35 minutes to flat iron. I have fine hair though.

I feel you. The air of righteous indignation will get you to your car, but trying to walk a mile with a bogus hairstyle? Indignation would only last a block. The rest would just be mortification about your hair and its supposed to be HER walk of shame not yours.

I can't imagine straightening your own hair. It once took me an hour to do my hair and I don't even have that much hair!!!! I can understand why you would rather fork over $50 to get it done instead.

LisaMar

Im sorry you had to go through this, but on a side note, your hair is looks very healthy and is long, and BEAUTIFUL!!!! Get it Girl (Lol).

MissMasala5

Stylists should be smarter than the tools they use. Putting you under a dryer first? Seriously?! This stylist needs some con ed in their lives.

Caramelangel247

I've never had enough hair to bother with any of that but it looks like it will be a couple years before I need to consider.

All I know is it took me a couple hours to straighten my hair with eight months of texture to go through. But I air dry then spray, dry and start with the flatiron. If I hear any kind of sizzle I stop. Then I used the medium setting with two or three passes.

Exactly what do you do with a blow out.