I hate this new layout.

MissLawyerLady

It takes forever to open threads now!:nono:

Also, in order to reply to a thread (not the quick reply), I have to right click on the "reply to thread" button to get a menu and then hit "open".:wallbash: What's up with that?:sad:

Platinum

I can't wait until the update process is finally complete. The new updates are nice but the overall color scheme is absolutely hideous. I just wish a blue background can be added to soften the look of this message board then things will be okay.

The color scheme on this page looks okay: http://www.vbulletin-faq.com/forum/forum.php?. It's a lot easier on the eyes. If you click on the threads you'll see that it has a nice blue color and it's easy to differentiate between individual posts, avatars, etc. I hope we get something like this. All of this white looks really harsh and uninviting. The Long Hair Community has decent colors too. Getting rid of all of this white would be a very big improvement.

At first I thought I really hated the layout but now I think it's simply the colors that many of us hate the most. Everything kind of blends in into each other. For example there are blog posts on the side of this message board lost in a sea of whiteness with nothing besides more whiteness separating each individual blog post. Most of the forums that I and many of us frequent such a Black Hair Media have nice colors. All of the white makes this message board look unfinished too.

I really like the colors on BHM and Nappturality but LHCF is my favorite site. Hopefully your suggestion about the color scheme will be noted. I agree, the whiteness of the board is harsh on the eyes.:sad: Also, it is my understanding that the upgrade will be complete on 9/30/10.

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
i actually really like how the upgrades are coming together. i like that there are boundaries around each persons post now. i like it. i do agree the white could be a different, darker color for those of us with less than awesome vision. ♥

Ivonnovi

the search threads is not working for me..and what happened to the subscribed thereads?..I'm looking for a particular thread,and I went to my post statistics, only 15 posts listed. Three post from this year the rest from 08 :(

Meggggaaaaa meggggaaaaa DITTOS! I'd like to see an accurate accounting of my Subscribed threads, ..... I really miss this feature!!!!!!

HOWEVER, I DO LIKE THE WAY THE QUOTE BOXES LOOK.

Solitude

I can't wait until the update process is finally complete. The new updates are nice but the overall color scheme is absolutely hideous. I just wish a blue background can be added to soften the look of this message board then things will be okay.

The color scheme on this page looks okay: http://www.vbulletin-faq.com/forum/forum.php?. It's a lot easier on the eyes. If you click on the threads you'll see that it has a nice blue color and it's easy to differentiate between individual posts, avatars, etc. I hope we get something like this. All of this white looks really harsh and uninviting. The Long Hair Community has decent colors too. Getting rid of all of this white would be a very big improvement.

At first I thought I really hated the layout but now I think it's simply the colors that many of us hate the most. Everything kind of blends in into each other. For example there are blog posts on the side of this message board lost in a sea of whiteness with nothing besides more whiteness separating each individual blog post. Most of the forums that I and many of us frequent such a Black Hair Media have nice colors. All of the white makes this message board look unfinished too.

This just goes to show that not everybody will agree, no matter what they do to the site. I hate the look of Long Hair Community and BHM. I'm a member of both, but never post on either. I have terrible vision and I have no problems viewing this site. Most websites have a lot of white space.

That first vbulletin post you linked to with the dark blue background looks really nice, though.

Kiki0130

... I just wish a blue background can be added to soften the look of this message board then things will be okay.

The color scheme on this page looks okay: http://www.vbulletin-faq.com/forum/forum.php?. It's a lot easier on the eyes. If you click on the threads you'll see that it has a nice blue color and it's easy to differentiate between individual posts, avatars, etc. I hope we get something like this. ...

The website example of colors you've listed is perfect. Although I've noticed Nikos added some blue for us here (thanks!) I'm still having trouble with the starkness and headaches :-( When I dim my screen to the point where the brightness isn't a problem, I can't see well enough to read the board.

I know he'll get it right. Waiting patiently ...

moejama

I agree with all of the comments...I also hate the way the search feature works. When I search, the search results don't highlight my search terms...which means I have to go into each thread and search within the text to see if it's relevant. It would be great if I could see the highlighted terms beforehand :)

runwaydream

on a more positive note tho. i LOVE how we can now play videos in the thread w.o having to click on a link to send us elsewhere.
and i like how you can reply to someone's post as soon as you read it and a little box shows up under their post.
i dont understand the "reply" button tho. if you're gonna reply to someone's specific post, wouldnt you want to quote them? it seems unnecessary to have the reply & the reply w. quote.

and I too miss the thanks button being on the right side.

femalegold

The layout is fine! Maybe its just me but I don't like when I view a thread and I'm done with it I have to hit the back button to view another one. Or hit forum to start all over again.

I agree with others the site is running very slow when pulling up threads.

Kiki0130

It takes forever to open threads now!:nono:

Also, in order to reply to a thread (not the quick reply), I have to right click on the "reply to thread" button to get a menu and then hit "open".:wallbash: What's up with that?:sad:

Oooooh I was wondering where this screen went. Thanks! This is the screen that gives the option to subscribe to the thread also. Since the upgrade began, I've been just posting in the quick reply box and if I wanted to add smilies I clicked "Go Advanced" and waited and waited and waited for the page to show up. Pretty much like how I'm waiting between pages of a thread. Gives me time to rest my eyes ;-)

Gleek

I haven't been on here much because of the new layout. It is terrible. How do you find usercp?

Ms Kain

I agree with a lot of what was already said. I know these changes were meant to be improvements but I'm not sure how it's working out. I hope it grows on me to but I have noticed that I've stopped coming by as much....and that's a sign that the formatting is starting to remind me of the other hair boards that I stopped visiting some time ago.

The biggest complaint seems to be that everything blends in together. The colors, while peaceful, are too light to the eyes. Things aren't highlighting the way they once did and and it's like we're frustrated that we don't have the option for a "classic view". Personally, my latest frustration is that when my display is in "hybrid" view I can't see which thread I am on within the thread tree. Before it hightlighted so I'd never lose my spot. Now it barely highlights at all and when I'm finished one strand and go back up to find the next one or to skip down, I don't even know which one I'm currently on. All of this and I have excellent vision.
Also, I'm not sure if this is a feature that I've missed but is there anyway to customize the front page so that we can immediately see the page that we want to see as soon as we log on? No offense to the Feature of the Month but I'd like to go directly to the forum as soon as I log on. If there's a feature in this software that allows us to set up what we want our front page to be, that would be really helpful.

Still like most of us, I'd like to thank Nikos for checking in, answering questions and putting up with our frustrations. Although they can't please everyone and all thoughts may not be addressed, I hope that enough of them are made to make it tolerable.:yep:

pookaloo83

I agree with a lot of what was already said. I know these changes were meant to be improvements but I'm not sure how it's working out. I hope it grows on me to but I have noticed that I've stopped coming by as much....and that's a sign that the formatting is starting to remind me of the other hair boards that I stopped visiting some time ago.

The biggest complaint seems to be that everything blends in together. The colors, while peaceful, are too light to the eyes. Things aren't highlighting the way they once did and and it's like we're frustrated that we don't have the option for a "classic view". Personally, my latest frustration is that when my display is in "hybrid" view I can't see which thread I am on within the thread tree. Before it hightlighted so I'd never lose my spot. Now it barely highlights at all and when I'm finished one strand and go back up to find the next one or to skip down, I don't even know which one I'm currently on. All of this and I have excellent vision.
Also, I'm not sure if this is a feature that I've missed but is there anyway to customize the front page so that we can immediately see the page that we want to see as soon as we log on? No offense to the Feature of the Month but I'd like to go directly to the forum as soon as I log on. If there's a feature in this software that allows us to set up what we want our front page to be, that would be really helpful.

Still like most of us, I'd like to thank Nikos for checking in, answering questions and putting up with our frustrations. Although they can't please everyone and all thoughts may not be addressed, I hope that enough of them are made to make it tolerable.:yep:

Ms Kain you can change the color of the layout at the bottom left hand corner of the screen. There's a drop down list of colors for you to choose from. :)

hairedity

I HATE that the "GO" button was removed. It was used to go back to the main page of the threads. Now I have to go back to the top of the page and then hit the title of whatever forum I had been viewing... what's up with that?!?!?