I Have 2a Hair. I Need Some Advice, Please and Thankyou!!!!!!

ChangedByAdmin8

Hello Everyone:

I am new to this forum and would like some advice. I have started my regimen using the VitaTress system by Nexus to promote growth and some thickness to my roots. My question is: If I want to exercise (walking), how should I maintain my hair weekly (how often should I wash it)? I am wearing rollersets that are air dried. Also, how often should I deep condition my hair? :rosebud: By the way, what is conditioner wash and should I be doing that during the week?

Any advice given would be most appreciated. Thanks.

sllygry :confused:

My daughter is 2ab below waist hair. She is 95% conditioner wash. That means when she needs to wash she uses a conditiioner instead of shampoo. She uses the VO5 blueberry or Sauve strawberry. Then she rinses as usual and follows with a vinegar rinse. Some times on her ends she does a second condition with honey if her ends had been a little dry. Once in a blue moon she may shampoo if she used to much oil and gel one week. After her vinegar rinse she uses alittle 6-in-one oil. In between she sprays her hair and adds a homemade sheabutter mixture and either baggies for around the house or proceeds to do multiple braids then a bun for work. I am trying to get her to tailbone by the end of the year and sometimes she wears her braids in a long loop but it has caused breakage due to dragging on her shoulders. When she leaves her hair out it gets dry on the ends and really needs the shea. Hope this can get you started.

Hello Everyone:

I am new to this forum and would like some advice. I have started my regimen using the VitaTress system by Nexus to promote growth and some thickness to my roots. My question is: If I want to exercise (walking), how should I maintain my hair weekly (how often should I wash it)? I am wearing rollersets that are air dried. Also, how often should I deep condition my hair? :rosebud: By the way, what is conditioner wash and should I be doing that during the week?

Any advice given would be most appreciated. Thanks.

sllygry :confused:
My daughter has 2ab, waist length hair also. I only wash once a week (it is way too much) but when I do I've used nexxus therappe for shampoo and then humectress for conditioning. i usually deep condition it once a month. she's only ten so I usually braid it in 4 big braids so it air dries and then pony tail it all week. I make sure to use lots of leave-in conditioners like humectress, salerm 21, biolage hair tonic, or keracare (keracare works great on her hair). I also sometimes use carrot oil cream or olive oil cream from organic root stimulator but i find these make her ahir a little too greasy and weighed down. HTH

Seems like you're getting some great advice. Don't have any experience with type 2 hair, but just wanted to welcome you to the forum.

Vintagecoilylocks said:
My daughter is 2ab below waist hair. She is 95% conditioner wash. That means when she needs to wash she uses a conditiioner instead of shampoo. She uses the VO5 blueberry or Sauve strawberry. Then she rinses as usual and follows with a vinegar rinse. Some times on her ends she does a second condition with honey if her ends had been a little dry. Once in a blue moon she may shampoo if she used to much oil and gel one week. After her vinegar rinse she uses alittle 6-in-one oil. In between she sprays her hair and adds a homemade sheabutter mixture and either baggies for around the house or proceeds to do multiple braids then a bun for work. I am trying to get her to tailbone by the end of the year and sometimes she wears her braids in a long loop but it has caused breakage due to dragging on her shoulders. When she leaves her hair out it gets dry on the ends and really needs the shea. Hope this can get you started.
Thank you very much. I have the problem with my hair being weighed down. I use Mizani Rose H2o on ends (just started last night) to help with the frizz. I want to retain my lenght, so I am in deseperate search of help. :grin:

joonbug320 said:
My daughter has 2ab, waist length hair also. I only wash once a week (it is way too much) but when I do I've used nexxus therappe for shampoo and then humectress for conditioning. i usually deep condition it once a month. she's only ten so I usually braid it in 4 big braids so it air dries and then pony tail it all week. I make sure to use lots of leave-in conditioners like humectress, salerm 21, biolage hair tonic, or keracare (keracare works great on her hair). I also sometimes use carrot oil cream or olive oil cream from organic root stimulator but i find these make her ahir a little too greasy and weighed down. HTH
Hi: Thank you so much for your advise. It is much appreciated. :)

beloved1 said:
Seems like you're getting some great advice. Don't have any experience with type 2 hair, but just wanted to welcome you to the forum.
Thank you for making me feel at home. I am going to get better organized and learn my way around this site, participate in some of these challenges. :)

Back