I have a problem!!!

chnkybrwneyes

I am starting to notice severe breakage in my nape area. My last relaxer was 2 weeks ago (6week touch-up) since then I have had severe breakage in the nape area of my hair.

Last night I shampoo'd with kera care shampoo, Aphogee 2 min reconstructor, DC'd with Olive oil replenshing pak, APhogee Provitamin leave-in, & the green tea reconstructor. Applied some Chi silk infusion and sat under the hooded dryer.

For moisture, I applied Keracare Essential oil and Elasta QP mango butter. which is what I've been using day/night for 2weeks.

My hair feels soft, but doenst look silky or moisturized enough, even after my DC.

Is the breakage because of the relaxer? Moisture? Protein...or all of the above?....Im afraid the breakage will continually worsen so I want to stop it beforehand.

Please help!!!!!

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
It might be too much protein :yep:

The Aphogee 2 Min, leave in AND ORS Pak may be too much for your hair. Although ORS Pak is an extremely light protein, it could have been enough to throw you hair over the edge. I think CHI SI helps to strengthen your hair, so that could be another culprit. All of these things when used seperately would probably work wonders, but all together, it's just too much.

Do you have any purely moisturizing dc's?

Son26

I'm wondering if the relaxer was rinsed out properly in the back, because you said that area has been breaking since you got the relaxer.

chnkybrwneyes

It might be too much protein :yep:

The Aphogee 2 Min, leave in AND ORS Pak may be too much for your hair. Although ORS Pak is an extremely light protein, it could have been enough to throw you hair over the edge. I think CHI SI helps to strengthen your hair, so that could be another culprit. All of these things when used seperately would probably work wonders, but all together, it's just too much.

Do you have any purely moisturizing dc's?

Last week I used the Keracare Humecto Conditioner as a DC...I left it on my hair for about 15-20mins with a cap but no heat. I thought the ORS Pak would be a good moisturizing DC since it says it moisturizes...??

I think you're right about it being too much protein.

chnkybrwneyes

I'm wondering if the relaxer was rinsed out properly in the back, because you said that area has been breaking since you got the relaxer.

My relaxer was done at the hair salon. This part of my hair is the most fragile area.

I'm considering adding cowash's to my regime maybe that might nurse my hair back to health.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Try neutralizing again. It wouldn't hurt to try :) One thing to think about when getting a relaxer at a salon is the rinsing bowl. The whole time the relaxer is being rinsed from your head, your nape is against the bowl. Sure the stylist will lift your head for a few seconds to quickly rinse it, but that isn't nearly enough time! You always wanna do a thorough neutralizing the wash after you get your relaxer to be sure all of the relaxer is gone.

ORS Creamy Aloe is a good neutralizing/chelating poo. After you neutralize, dc with Humecto. If you don't use heat, keep it on for a few hours. 20 minutes with no heat won't get the job done

chnkybrwneyes

Try neutralizing again. It wouldn't hurt to try :) One thing to think about when getting a relaxer at a salon is the rinsing bowl. The whole time the relaxer is being rinsed from your head, your nape is against the bowl. Sure the stylist will lift your head for a few seconds to quickly rinse it, but that isn't nearly enough time! You always wanna do a thorough neutralizing the wash after you get your relaxer to be sure all of the relaxer is gone.

ORS Creamy Aloe is a good neutralizing/chelating poo. After you neutralize, dc with Humecto. If you don't use heat, keep it on for a few hours. 20 minutes with no heat won't get the job done

Ok, I'll give it a try. Thanks Tiffers, you always come to the hair rescue when I need one. :grin: