I have found her!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

I want her! (the wig)

This one is from gmbshair.com & seems to only be offered in this color. Also, it's a lace front and I don't know wigs too well, so don't want the hassle of trying to do a lace front.

If anyone knows where I can find a wig that looks like this one (long bob, side part, no bangs) and is offered in a wider color range, please let me know. :up:

By the way, this one is by Zury and available @ gmbshair.com

ETA:

Here's a similar one. This one is by Outre and @ blackhairspray.com (in case anyone is searching in the future and is interested)

Last edited:

Fhrizzball

You can always get a longer wig and cut style it to this one or have a beautician style it that way. It is a cute bob in any case.

OT but @ Pearly Curly where did you get that feather flower? I so love it.

Day Dreamer

Maybe something like this would work.

http://www.voguewigs.com/pomona-motown-tress-wig.html

I want her! (the wig)

This one is from gmsb.com & seems to only be offered in this color. Also, it's a lace front and I don't know wigs too well, so don't want the hassle of trying to do a lace front.

If anyone knows where I can find a wig that looks like this one (long bob, side part, no bangs) and is offered in a wider color range, please let me know. :up:

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
^^I actually looked at that one earlier today and it did catch my attention. It's close, but not quite. But thanks :yep:

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
You know you're BOUT IT!:mad: I'm gone wait till you get desperate to get that wig then I'm gonna lure you to Oak Cliff!:giggle:

Oh I am cool with coming to the Cliff, no luring necessary. I don't live too terribly far from there anyway. And most of my aunties live in the Cliff. ;)

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Okay, duh! After all of that, I realized that the box I thought was for selecting the quantity was actually the box for selecting the color. :look: So I've got one on the way! Yay :D

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Just doing a little update:

I received this wig and it is so gorgeous, but the front part looks fake. :( So this will be a "running to the store" wig. Sorry, I don't have a pic of me with this one.

Elise is cute. (I had a thread about Elise shortly after this one)The cap is way too small, so I got smart and used it as a half-wig. I like it, but I'm not in love with it. The sides hang too far from the face IMO. I wore this one to work on Friday and it was a fun/funny day! My workplace is 98% white and also has children. I didn't mind telling the adults who believed I'd cut my hair that I was "pretending" because I knew the first thing they'd want to holler is that I'd been wearing a weave all this time, especially since Oprah's show with Chris Rock aired and he's going to have the world thinking that all long-haired black women are wearing weaves. Here were a couple of comments that I enjoyed that day:

kindergarten child: Your hair looks better that way.

first grader: You look cute today.

black bus driver: I know good and d*** well you didn't cut your hair!

Here's me in Elise.

This is Mina. She's really pretty. She's my fave. Out of the three, she also looks the most real. It looks longer on the model to me, but it's cool. The quality is great too.

Here's me in Mina.

So after all that, I am still in search of the "perfect" bob wig. I decided that maybe the best way to go about this is to just have a wig cut and styled into a bob for me. Ateyaa has a video where she does this and it comes out gorgeous. So today, I purchased a human hair wig online and I plan to have it cut and styled. But part of me is saying "you know you've been admiring some long layered cuts too, but haven't wanted to cut your hair so..."

Maybe in time, I'll be able to have both, but those human hair wig prices make you go slow on purchasing another one!

Last edited:

sqzbly1908

They are both cute on you but I am really feeling that "Mina" - it really flatters your pretty cheekbones!!!

Maybe I missed it but where did you purchase the wigs?

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
^Thanks!

Mina came from hairsisters.com
I don't really recommend them though. I'd recommend blackhairspray.com, which is where I got Elise or beautyshoppers.com or gmbshair.com, which is where I got the very first wig (the one that I don't have a pic of me in).

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
^^most of them have combs, but I try not to use them

Most have adjustable caps, so if you adjust it well for your head-size, it will stay pretty secure. You can also use bobby pins.

Last edited:

JayAnn0513

I make 30 look good!
There used to be a huge wig shop in wynnwood (sp?) village that had tons of super cute wigs. I don't know the name of it though. There is also Jenny's in Fort Worth.