i have set a date

chebaby

i have decided that i am going to big chop this september. my last relaxer was this past september but i had her wash it out after five minutes because i got scared lol. before that i hadnt had a relaxer in 11 months so i have ALOT of new growth lol. i realize that when i big chop my hair will be big and frizzy. i know this because the back of my hair is like deep waves when bunched together but when seperated it is like S curls but its a frizzy mess lol. i look forward to that. the only thing im going to have an issue with is the front of my hair where my bang is. when that section was all natural it was still straight and flat so its not going to blend well at all.

just wanted you guys to know that i have set a date and am so passionate about it.
i was actually going to do it this june but everybody around me has me scared that i may not like it because i've never had short hair before. so im going to transition for a year and see what happens.

Good luck. Make sure to take lots of pictures so you can see your progress through the transition.

thanx ladies.
yes i will take lots of pics. im hoping by the time i big chop it will be at least sl.

Good luck, girl. I can't wait to see the pictures (I just love looking at BC photos). I also big chopped in September and I was adamant about sticking to my selected date (September 1st).

Ah yes ... September is a good month for a BC! :yep:

Good for you! I also set the date for my BC 10.10.10....because I'm #10 on my line lol. Setting a date has helped me to mentally prepare for the BC since I can't remember the last time that my hair was shorter than APL (even going back to elementary school). By my date I should be just below SL. Good luck! :)

Back