I have wet/dry hair pics of my transition.....

BlaqBella

Hi these are wet/dry pics of my transition from bone straight relaxing back to 100% natural(after 19 almost 20 years). Keep in mind this maybe a bit/quite a bit of heat damage(along with over processed ends) and i have scaled down a lot of the damage my hair was getting pre-lhcf. Sooo i'm open to any suggestions/and or comments(of course). TIA!

Attachments

• Moni at Home 239.jpg
    Moni at Home 239.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 100
  • Moni at Home 241.jpg
    Moni at Home 241.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 78
  • Moni at Home 242.jpg
    Moni at Home 242.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 81
  • Moni at Home 244.jpg
    Moni at Home 244.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 57
  • Moni at Home 249.jpg
    Moni at Home 249.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Congrats on your decision to bc. I don't have much advice since I'm still learning but I have learned that moisture, moisture, moisture!! is the way to go! (at least for me :D)

Congrats on your decision to transition! Your texture looks really pretty! Good luck on your transition. It's a wonderful journey!

Sorry! Having trouble with uploading( i think i just don't favor attachments and can't seem to get them(pics) uploaded without attach. and get them big enough to be seen) Any way the dry ones were after experimenting w/ at home dom. blowout).And the pony/bun was after applying unrefined shea bttr. to the ends and sealing w/vatika.

Attachments

• Moni at Home 250.jpg
    Moni at Home 250.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Moni at Home 251.jpg
    Moni at Home 251.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Moni at Home 252.jpg
    Moni at Home 252.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Moni at Home 253.jpg
    Moni at Home 253.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Moni at Home 254.jpg
    Moni at Home 254.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Thanks keepithealthy( i've only done a couple small chops in some areas though/i'm transitioning only for now).Thanks Ediese! I admire your hair also. Thanks ladies!

BUMPING.....
Ohhh come on ....No typing (ie.4a-4b?) or any suggestions/comments? I seriously don't begin to know how this hair typing thing goes?!? TIA!

Good luck with your transition. The transitioners support thread was extremely useful and supportive during my transition. I'm not good with hair typing.

Good luck with your transition. The transitioners support thread was extremely useful and supportive during my transition. I'm not good with hair typing.

Thanks for responding i love your hair(been admiring it for a while from a distance)!HHG!

Congrats on your transition... I'm transitioning too. You can go to the CurlMeleons thread and see all the other ladies who are transitioning too. I suck at hair typing as you can see in my siggy I do not know mine either. I don't think its important really all you need to do is find the right products for your hair and you don't really need to know hair type for that. Just use super moisturizing products for afro textured curly type hair. Brendita Body Works, Blended Beauty are good places to start...

Congrats on your transition... I'm transitioning too. You can go to the CurlMeleons thread and see all the other ladies who are transitioning too. I suck at hair typing as you can see in my siggy I do not know mine either. I don't think its important really all you need to do is find the right products for your hair and you don't really need to know hair type for that. Just use super moisturizing products for afro textured curly type hair. Brendita Body Works, Blended Beauty are good places to start...

Hi TB and thanks sooo much(will do)!!HHG!:yep:

Back