I just bought this soft bonnet...ANYBODY USE THIS BEFORE????

krikit96

I've been running around all weekend, and I can not find the one that everyone is raving about from WalMart, the Select Pro Gold... So I bought the Belson Gold N Hot Ionic Soft Jumbo Bonnet Dryer Model #Gh3984

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0029Y0PGO?&tag=shopwiki-us-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325

Ive seen about 3 different types of the Gold n hot dryer but not read any reviews on this model in particular...

Does anybody have anything good or bad to say about this dryer? I am so sad because I had the Carel and was so excited, but I got home and read all the terrible reviews about it...so I took it back to Sallys. Now I've gone and bought this thing without any feedback from my cousins... and I'm scared now because I bought it from the Chinaman beauty shop and I can't get my money back now...

Oh, please ladies, give me your feedback! If it's bad, I don't know what I'll do, because I'm stuck with it... I am desperate to know anything, but I can't find the spaceman soft bonnets anywhere either, I've gone to 13 different shops this weekend...:ohwell::wallbash:

ETA: I also think I SOOOOO OVERPAYED for this item! :wallbash:
They were charging $59.99 and I was so pressed and desperate, so I bought it... It was a loong weekend going from place to place and it LOOKED like it was a good one. It's a vinyl cap rather than clear plastic...

Last edited:
I haven't used this one, but I have the Carel and I love it! It has worked perfectly and the case is small enough to take it with me when I travel. Over several years, it has never given me any trouble.

:bump::bump::bump:

C'mon ladies, I just KNOW more of you have some useful input to add here!:yep:

I value the opinions of my loyal LHCF cousins...:look:

I just bought the Gold N' Hot soft bonnet and it could stand to be hotter, since I have plenty of hair. Also, the front does not dry as well as the back. It seems that more of the heat is better distributed back there. I am returning the dryer (I purchased it at Sally's also) because it says, that there is LEAD on the cord and may cause reproductive issues and birth defects! WTH? I wrote about this in my last blog.

Good luck! I may just add another $50 to the price and buy a stand up dryer with wheels.

Lucie,

Was it this particular model? I've seen about 3 different bonnets for this name brand and I've not read any reviews on this one in particular. This bonnet is black and vinyl while the others have been either a clear plastic bonnet cap or the big huge gold thing that nobody sells anymore...:perplexed

I just bought the Gold N' Hot soft bonnet and it could stand to be hotter, since I have plenty of hair. Also, the front does not dry as well as the back. It seems that more of the heat is better distributed back there. I am returning the dryer (I purchased it at Sally's also) because it says, that there is LEAD on the cord and may cause reproductive issues and birth defects! WTH? I wrote about this in my last blog.

Good luck! I may just add another $50 to the price and buy a stand up dryer with wheels.

Thank you for responding! :look:

What do you mean it was good 'at first'?:ohwell: Is it gonna rip on me or end up not drying very well?:perplexed

I had to search but here's my thread on it. I think this is the same dryer or something similar. http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=221963&highlight=

It's a good dryer but I don't think I ever got the fast drying like I did after the first use. That could just be my hair though. My hair is so darn long and takes forever to dry. Over time I think it looses some of it's power but mine still works.....it sounds weird but it works. The good part is the bonnet on it ties and keeps in all the heat which makes it dry faster than other bonnet dryers.

I had the Gold 'N Hot bonnet dryer. I sat under it for 2 1/2 hours and my hair was still damp!!! I am going to get a Pibbs. Actually scratch that I want a Pibbs-like dryer, LOL. DH is getting me the dryer as one of my b-day gifts but why have him spend all that money if I can get a similar stand up dryer? Good luck!

I have two that I brought one from Ebay (GE)the other(black and decker) another site (can't remember name) for cheap..ebay-$5.00 and the other one $20 and they both are good and dry really fast. You may want to check there for one.

ETA: before buying I did a long search b/c I was looking to buy the Gold n Hot also but GE had a lot more good reviews so I went w/ that.

Last edited:
This looks like the one that Silkii Locks has - you might want to check with her

As a matter of fact this is exactly like my beloved Select Pro Gold. OP I wish I had seen this thread earlier. It looks exactly like mine and if the mechanisms are the same then you should have no problems with this dryer. Gets very hot, dries super fast and the hood is big enough to fit a head full of grey rollers. Feel free to PM if you need to. :yep:

:yep:^^^^
Yep! I LOVE this dryer, it works very well... I thought it was kinda noisy...I mean at 1AM I'm sure my husband doesn't want to hear it while I'm laying next to him watching tv... but he slept thru it so it must not be so bad...:rolleyes:

I tuck it behind my ears so I can still hear everything, and I'm done drying within an hour... and I'm sweatin' like a hebrew slave too! I am happy I found it, because it DID look the same as the Select Pro Gold model. Lets just hope that it doesn't tear, which it seems the other Gold N Hot models do... I'm so glad my bonnet is the heavy black vinyl instead of straight see-thru plastic!

Back