I just did an AMAAAAAZING ROLLERSET!!!

KinksnCurlz

I am soooo serious. My usual rollersets have me acting a fool, cursing myself, my hair and those darn rollers but this time, i went in with a plan. I did the usual part in the middle and comb down 2 my ears and place 3 rollers (purple) on each side thingee. But here's where the problem always arose, I'd try to mimic my Dominican sisters and always wound up getting upset with myself. SOOO, i did my own thing. I made 4 rows going straight back. I placed about 4 rollers (3 gray, 1 purple) on each row. The rollers were finally tight - YES!!!!. I also combed my hair upwards instead of back so that probably contributed to the tightness of the set. I am so proud of myself, you ladies just don't know. Now, it doesn't matter that it took me 45 minutes to do this rollerset
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
-i kid u not- all that matters is that my hair turned out G-R-E-A-T!

umm, it'd be easier to picture it if you had pics. i'm kinda confused how you did it.

I am so happy for you! I still have not come close to mastering the rollerset. I did one about 2 weeks ago and it turned out like crap!! I was almost in tears!! It's very discouraging but I'm so glad it turned out well for you!!
clap.gif
What setting lotion did you use?

congratulations! i'm still struggling with my rollersets. i agree, post some pics! what do you put on your hair before you roll it?

Yes can you post pictures the next time you do it. I need some serious help.
smile.gif
Im so happy for you as well!!!!! YAY!!!!

DAMN!!! i knew u guys were going to ask me to post pics
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I always say I am going to but I never do. Heck, i got my hair weaved a month ago and never posted a pic of that even tho i said i was
sekret.gif

But okay, the next time i will try and post the pic. It's just kind of hard b/c i don't know how to get the pic off my camera
rofl.gif

I used, for the first time, the keracare setting lotion but a very little bit, keracare leave in (creamy), a little of the keracare oil rich blow dry lotion and just for my ends a tiny dab of the keracare silken seal. As you can see, I LOVE ME SOME KERACARE!!!

Bree - do you go to the dominicans to get your hair done. Ever watch them do your rollerset? Well, they star off by parting your hair in the middle (b/t eyebrows) from the front to about an inch before your crown. Then they part your hair in a "T" formation starting where you left off (1" from crown) down to your right ear and than on the other side to your left. Damn, now i realize how confusing this sounds. Give me a few secs and i'll post a picture that i am drawing... DON'T LAUGH AT IT EITHER
laugh.gif

thankssssssssss caramel honee for taking the time out and drawing it, cause im sooo confuseddd.for some reasonn i just dont know where to start when rollersetting. i need the easiest technique when it comes to sectioning it, then i beleive from there i'll be able to get it.

shocked.gif

Dude.

You have gone ABOVE and BEYOND!
laugh.gif

Did you ever in your life girls? How COMMITTED are we to one another!
laugh.gif

You're welcome
Rose.gif
. And remember to comb the section you are going to put the roller in UPWARDS and roll it while the hair is still UPWARDS, that will ensure a 'tighter' set. Good Luck!

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
shocked.gif

Dude.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You ain't lyin
smile.gif

CH,

Your drawing explains it. But I gotta tell you I fell out laughing when I saw how you drew the ears and nose on that circle.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Candycane

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
Here ya go
grin.gif

40414511.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

That is so cute Caramel Honee.

Thanks for posting,I am going to try rolling my hair in the front like you so wonderfully drew on the diagram. By the way, I tried wrapping my hair like you described in another thread awhile ago and had good results.

Thanks again.

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
shocked.gif

Dude.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, i love u girls like we are family. All the help you guys have given me over the past months, will never be forgotten.

[ QUOTE ]
candycane said:
CH,

Your drawing explains it. But I gotta tell you I fell out laughing when I saw how you drew the ears and nose on that circle.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Candycane

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, NO LAUGHING... LOL Did you notice the widow's peak? I drew it in b/c i have one
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
rofl.gif

waittttttt, i wanna see the thread on wrapping.somebody , anybodyyyyyy.
lol i'm such a big baby.

[ QUOTE ]
PrettyBrownEyes said:
[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
Here ya go
grin.gif

That is so cute Caramel Honee.

Thanks for posting,I am going to try rolling my hair in the front like you so wonderfully drew on the diagram. By the way, I tried wrapping my hair like you described in another thread awhile ago and had good results.

Thanks again.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are so funneee
laugh.gif
But hey, i was rushing when i drew it b/c i didn't want anybody to come over to me and be like WTF???
shocked.gif

I'm glad the wrapping thing worked out for you. I kinda like it myself and it's so simple, I only use like 6 pins as opposed to my usual 50... LOL

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
[ QUOTE ]
candycane said:
CH,

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Candycane

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, NO LAUGHING... LOL Did you notice the widow's peak? I drew it in b/c i have one
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
rofl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed the widow's peak.
laugh.gif

Oh my goodness I cant believe you actually made a diagram.

BTW that is pretty much how i do my rollersets.

i found the instructions on wrapping caramel honee gave.

First make sure you have either large hair clips or long bobby pins.
1) Comb the hair straight down from crown to tip (think cousin it).
2) Part hair in the back (from crown to neck)
3) If you are right handed, comb the hair -where the part begins- to the right of your head. Insodoing, place a finger at your crown (this keeps the "hole" at your crown).
4) Take a pin (or clip - pins are easier for me) and place it above your ear, tip facing up.
5) Take the next pin and put it at the crown - tip down (where your finger was resting).
6) Continue to comb hair around your head adding pins every now and again... first at the bottom - tip up... than at the crown - tip down.
7) Continue until your entire head is complete.
8) Depending on how long your hair is, you will more than likely have to remove some of the 1, 2, 3... pins as you comb your hair around and replace them.

*Try to alternate the direction of your wrap every week or so. This will help you avoid the "thinning" of your hair overtime.*
**DO NOT PLACE ANY PINS ALONG YOUR HAIR LINE - THIS WILL CAUSE YOUR HAIRLINE TO THIN OUT. You can place 1 pin in the middle of your forehead only**

I don't think that's the one she meant? is it PBE? b/c i did 2... i think... yeah, i did... didn't i... where is that damn ginkobaloba when u need it
rofl.gif

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
I don't think that's the one she meant? is it PBE? b/c i did 2... i think... yeah, i did... didn't i... where is that damn ginkobaloba when u need it
rofl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

nope, that's not it. It was the one where you part your hair down the center and starting from the back right you wrap it around and then once you get to the front you wrap that around towards the back. Anyway it made a perfect swirled wrap. I didn't think it would but, it did and the front was fine in the morning. I liked parting it down the middle as if I was making 2 pig tails instead of starting at a side part.

OMG that diagram had me rolling
rofl.gif
So cute!!! I love it. Talk about really helping everyone out.

Congrats on doing the successfull rollarset. And guess what? it gets even better with more and more practise. woo hoo!

Take care.

Back