I just love you guys!

auntesther

I'm kinda a newbie. I've been reading posts here for about six months and I'm convinced ya'll have created the most comprehensive body of knowledge concerning hair care for women of color EVER!

When I first read some of your regimens, I thought, "What the heck have I been doing to my hair??!!!"
Since then, I've been dropping my old hair care habits like they were hot!! If I told you what they were, you would get
then
. But now my hair is dramatically healthier, longer, and I can really visualize myself with a head of long flowing hair that is home grown, not bought from the top shelf at Hong Lee's Market near the cigarettes.

Anyway, I just wanted to tell you all what an inspiration you are to me. Thank you for being so open about what has worked for you, and so supportive of everybody's efforts to reach their goals.

adrienne0914

[ QUOTE ]
auntesther said:
I can really visualize myself with a head of long flowing hair that is home grown, not bought from the top shelf at Hong Lee's Market near the cigarettes.

[/ QUOTE ]

THAT was too funny!!

welcome, auntesther!!

soulchild

[ QUOTE ]
auntesther said:
I'm convinced ya'll have created the most comprehensive body of knowledge concerning hair care for women of color EVER!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree! I love how open and supportive everyone is as well. You'll have that long flowing hair in no time.

Just curious on what products you are using besides the S Curl?

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
adrienne0914 said:
[ QUOTE ]
auntesther said:
I can really visualize myself with a head of long flowing hair that is home grown, not bought from the top shelf at Hong Lee's Market near the cigarettes.

[/ QUOTE ]

THAT was too funny!!

welcome, auntesther!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm
witcha' Adrienne
!

auntesther

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Soulchild <font color="black"> </font> , I have been trying to keep my product list simple. I'm already addicted to this board
, and I don't want to become a PJ as well.

So here's my list. I'm hoping to stick with just what's here:

Thermasilk shampoo (I had always used Thermasilk before I started caring for my hair, but now, I just don't use heat.)

UBH conditioner

S-Curl Activator/Moisturizer

Profective Healthy Ends

Oils: Olive and tea tree oil sometimes added to Wildgrowth oil.

Aphogee Reconstructor/Moisturizer

My favorite product: my satin night cap. Before finding the LHCF, I would go to sleep without covering my hair and wake up looking like a troll doll.
Now, I cover my hair at night. And I'm careful to cover it especially if I'm wearing one of my famous Aunt Esther wigs. (Watch it, sucka!)