I just wanna cut it all off!!!

FlawedBeauty

So this is a mini rant. I just want to cut my hair all off and start from scratch, but I know I will regret it big time cuz I hate short hair on me. I'm transitioning, trying to anyway, and I know I would be less tempted to relax without this stupid relaxed hair. I'm just tired of being relaxed, my relaxed hair is just so thin and blah. This is gonna be a loooooooooooong transition, I can already tell. Anyone else ever feel like this :sad:

Addy3010

Sorry that things are getting difficult but if you want to transition long term your going to have a while to go....I was in a similar spot but i didnt have a problem cutting so, i did. But i think once you find what works for your different textures it will get easier. Its hard to take care of two textures, but just take your time, take a deep breath and know that it will get easier.

Good Luck

Duchesse

Waves Hand...Me! I actually have a pair of scissors on my kitchen table right now staring at me. My hair is so jacked up and has major breakage. I have to wear it pinned up everyday not as a protective style, but because it looks so jacked if I wear it out. A part of me wants to transition long term, but the impulsive part of me is tired of feeling on dry, split, relaxed ends.

I'm only 9 weeks post, so I will have really short hair if I chop, but part of me wants to feel my hair that short. I know it will be cute. It's really just the awkward growing out stage that is stopping me from BCing. Oh sigh.

Duchesse

Sorry that things are getting difficult but if you want to transition long term your going to have a while to go....I was in a similar spot but i didnt have a problem cutting so, i did. But i think once you find what works for your different textures it will get easier. Its hard to take care of two textures, but just take your time, take a deep breath and know that it will get easier.

Good Luck

Addy, you are so pretty! The short hair really works good on you!

FlawedBeauty

thanks! :)

i'm not frustrated because its hard with the texture difference. i just really HATE my relaxed hair lol. im so bored with it! i just want a big curly mop fro durn it lol

i think the more i see my natural texture, the more I am wanting the long fabulous version of it, and the more reality is setting in on how long it will actually take to achieve the length i want. :(

Good Luck

FlawedBeauty

this is how i feel as well!

I'm only 9 weeks post, so I will have really short hair if I chop, but part of me wants to feel my hair that short. I know it will be cute. It's really just the awkward growing out stage that is stopping me from BCing. Oh sigh.

RockCreak

I certainly do feel like that... as a matter of fact this weekend I held the shears up to my hair and dh almost knocked me down trying to get them out of my hands... :lachen: he said that he'll pay for braids, but whatever I do, don't cut.

I'm just so fustrated... plus I've noticed that my hair is breaking at the line of demarcation.. so I'm right at that point.

I'm just ready to wash and go!

Oh.. I'm in the "curlmeleons" thread and another thread... transitioning without the bc.. .but I'm not sure if I can hang on... my hair is currenlty APL and if I bc I would have every bit of about... hmm. 2 - 3 inches...:ohwell:

Miss AJ

I understand how you feel. I was 2 years natural and ended up relaxing in basic training. It was good because it helped me continue to stay under the radar (i never got yelled at about my hair) but bad because I ruined my progress and was not about to BC again so I just kept relaxing so I wouldn't lose my length. I almost made APL but I was caring for my hair like it was still natural and not taking the extra steps I needed and ended up cutting back to SL due to thin and split ends. I stayed relaxed for 10 months and planned a long transition but my hair's health became more important to me than my vanity of having long hair so after 5 months I went from SL to a 2 inch TWA and have not regretted it one bit.

FlawedBeauty

yea i think I would have about two inches if I cut now also. i don't ever do anything to my hair either, the only reason im hanging on to length i guess is because on the rare occasion that I do go out i wanna be able to do something with my hair and i'm not down with weaves and such cuz i got bills ta pay lol

I certainly do feel like that... as a matter of fact this weekend I held the shears up to my hair and dh almost knocked me down trying to get them out of my hands... :lachen: he said that he'll pay for braids, but whatever I do, don't cut.

I'm just so fustrated... plus I've noticed that my hair is breaking at the line of demarcation.. so I'm right at that point.

I'm just ready to wash and go!

Oh.. I'm in the "curlmeleons" thread and another thread... transitioning without the bc.. .but I'm not sure if I can hang on... my hair is currenlty APL and if I bc I would have every bit of about... hmm. 2 - 3 inches...:ohwell:

melissa-bee

Sleep on it, if you feel the same way tomorrow do it.
I'm transitioning now i'm almost 13 weeks post and i blow dryed and flat ironed for the first time in 7 months and my hair has been easier to handle ever since. So maybe a nice wash and style may change your mind for the short term.

Miss AJ

For me, chopping down to 2 inches saved my life lol. Every morning was a gamble on if my transitioning hair would act right and do what I wanted it to do or just look a hot mess no matter what I did to it. My first big chop I had 5 inches of hair so before that my hair had never been super short in my life and I had no clue how I'd look because I have a big head and a full face, but once I was done chopping I fell in love with my TWA and everyone INCLUDING my mom thought it suited me.

FlawedBeauty

ive been feeling like this for a while. i know if i cut it i will regret it, and probably cry :lachen: i just can not do short hair because i just loveee long flowing hair. i never even wear my hair out, except for if i go out like once a month. :rolleyes: im so retarded!!!!!!!!

Sleep on it, if you feel the same way tomorrow do it.
I'm transitioning now i'm almost 13 weeks post and i blow dryed and flat ironed for the first time in 7 months and my hair has been easier to handle ever since. So maybe a nice wash and style may change your mind for the short term.

MummysGirl

Just wanted to encourage you :grin:

I was 7 weeks post when I decided to transition and I honestly thought it was going to take FOREVER for me to be 1 year post.
Now, I'm 48.5 weeks post and this year feels like it flew by. What I did was - I had fun with my hair. I tried new styles, I improved my styles... It can be a fun experience!

I have a big head :lachen: so short hair isn't for me.
HHG!

FlawedBeauty

thanks!!

I have a big head too :lachen: forgot about that as a secondary reason not to cut it off lmao!! the more i keep staring at my ng the more i want to cut. i gotta stay my arse outta the mirror, maybe hide my ticker as well, cuz im reminded of how long i have not been transitioning with every post :lachen:

Just wanted to encourage you :grin:

I was 7 weeks post when I decided to transition and I honestly thought it was going to take FOREVER for me to be 1 year post.
Now, I'm 48.5 weeks post and this year feels like it flew by. What I did was - I had fun with my hair. I tried new styles, I improved my styles... It can be a fun experience!

I have a big head :lachen: so short hair isn't for me.
HHG!

Soliel185

I know when most people transition they're thinking about the GIANT puff they'll have or the HUGE BAA they'll rock, but the reality is it takes time and effort to get to those milestones - people forget that there are cute natural styles you can do at any length and look just as fierce/fly.

Don't get hung up on the length - focus on how you feel about your natural hair, and why you love the texture (vs your relaxed hair). Do some image searches for shorter styles for inspiration and if you're not ready to chop (which is fine) think about putting it away for a while in braids, twists, or weave. HTH.

lbellin

I felt the same way too. I was going to transition for at least a year, but I couldn't take it. I BC'd at 10 months. I would not have made it that far if I didn't hide my hair and not think about it. I would just wear buns, etc. Anything to not to see my hair. I didn't have any breakage, but it looked a hot mess when I didn't tame it.

Miss AJ

@FlawedBeauty: Don't let a big head stop you, my mom always jokes about me having a big ole' head like my dad lol and she even liked my TWA and said it looked good on me, and she is NOT one to sugar coat anything. If you don't want to cut any time soon, get braids to keep your mind off of your hair.

I definitely know how you feel. I think about cutting everyday, but I also have a really big head. LOL This forum is the only reason I am making it through this transition. There are so many good tips and everyone is so encouraging. My advice to you would be to find what works for you and stick to it. Don't cut before your ready because you will regret it. I've found that hiding my hair helps me supress those thoughts of cutting it. I am always in a protective style which might be a wig, a weave, or a bun. Even when I'm just lounging around the house I put on a silk bonnet. The more I see my hair the more i want to cut it, but the less I see it the less I want to cut it. I also try to spice up my protective styles. I get really bored very fast. I was in a weave for a few months. The I went to a bun, and now I have two different half wigs that I really like. i plan on getting another weave in january. I hope that helps. Stay strong! You can do it!

jamaraa

If I had the guts and knew what my noggin looked like, I'd shave it all off and call it a day. It sure would be cheaper!

Galadriel

I saw the title, saw your name, and was like "Noooo!" :lachen:
But I understand. Perhaps a few big trims along the way could help?
I didn't want to BC for my transition from texlaxed, so I did several big trims throughout last year. That, coupled with good growth retention, I ended up all natural pretty quickly.

chebaby

sorry you are feeling this way. transitions are hard. but in the end you will be happy so its worth it.

FlawedBeauty

yea, trims is gonna have to be the way to go. i am like thee absolute worst person to try and transition because I have like zero patience lol. i should just have my friend braid it. but everytime i think of getting it done, i remember the countless hours sitting and he hellish nightmare of taking em out lol. i used to stay in braids when i was in highschool, even then my hair was shot to shyt cuz they were way too tight and i would rip em out :ohwell:

I saw the title, saw your name, and was like "Noooo!" :lachen:
But I understand. Perhaps a few big trims along the way could help?
I didn't want to BC for my transition from texlaxed, so I did several big trims throughout last year. That, coupled with good growth retention, I ended up all natural pretty quickly.