I just want to be THERE already?!

blueabyss333

That's how I feel today. I just want to be at least a healthy, thick APL so I can wear it out and show people that I can have long rich hair. I know I can make it, but the time in between getting there is driving me crazy.:drunk: I just want to blink and have it all hanging down my back.:lachen: Thanks for letting me vent.

nicki6

That's how I feel today. I just want to be at least a healthy, thick APL so I can wear it out and show people that I can have long rich hair. I know I can make it, but the time in between getting there is driving me crazy.:drunk: I just want to blink and have it all hanging down my back.:lachen: Thanks for letting me vent.

**Stroll in singing "You are not alone"** I feel the same way. Especially when I see other members that started after me and have not only passed me, but cut it and grew it back again!:rofl:

On the positive side, my hair has never looked better and I know I'll appreciate and care for it no matter if I ever reach my goal:D

gorgeoushair

**Stroll in singing "You are not alone"** I feel the same way. Especially when I see other members that started after me and have not only passed me, but cut it and grew it back again!:rofl:

On the positive side, my hair has never looked better and I know I'll appreciate and care for it no matter if I ever reach my goal:D

nicki6

I know exactly what you mean. I feel that way too. I see people who came after me(I could name a few)with shorter hair and now it's longer than mine.

I thought you were APL?

BrooklynSouth

Ahhh BLUE...Babydoll...I feel your pain! I look at my beginning photos and think.."What the heck...I look the same length as then!" I help my struggle by viewing my favorite FOTKIS, Anky, Dlewis, Sylver2 and many others. I know my hair is healthier now that I use lye and am able to stretch and understand the moisture/balance secret. My length is now armpit when wet but my braided pig tail is as skinny as anything! I just know that with continued diligence and care I will reach below bra-strap. I thought by now I'd be swinging my bra-strap hair but shedding {dammit!!} and some breakage is ultimately for the good.......the old no-lye, damaged hair has to go before true health emerges. I will not cut so, the hair is leaving of its own accord.....really, it is all for the good. I look forward to summer 2008...Imma get that healthy length...{as THE SECRET dvd is playing on my TV right now}..............I see it, I envision the reality of my healthy long tresses.

nicki6

nicki6

I know exactly what you mean. I feel that way too. I see people who came after me(I could name a few)with shorter hair and now it's longer than mine.

I thought you were APL?

But alas, APL still eludes me. I'm not giving up though:wink2:

EMJazzy

Happily retired
You and me both!!! :rolleyes:

I have to keep repeating to myself....patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue. :look:

dlewis

Ladies it will happen. That's one of the reason I document my progress, so I can see where I've come from. With two major cuts, I thought it would take forever to get to APL. But now I know it just takes time, and more time. I'm hoping with my winter diet to gain alot more growth since I didn't get any extra growth this summer.

blueabyss333

Ahhh thank you! We are >< here. The worst is when you cause your own setbacks and end up watching other hair length buddies pass you by.:lachen:

BrooklynSouth said:
Ahhh BLUE...Babydoll...I feel your pain! I look at my beginning photos and think.."What the heck...I look the same length as then!" I help my struggle by viewing my favorite FOTKIS, Anky, Dlewis, Sylver2 and many others. I know my hair is healthier now that I use lye and am able to stretch and understand the moisture/balance secret. My length is now armpit when wet but my braided pig tail is as skinny as anything! I just know that with continued diligence and care I will reach below bra-strap. I thought by now I'd be swinging my bra-strap hair but shedding {dammit!!} and some breakage is ultimately for the good.......the old no-lye, damaged hair has to go before true health emerges. I will not cut so, the hair is leaving of its own accord.....really, it is all for the good. I look forward to summer 2008...Imma get that healthy length...{as THE SECRET dvd is playing on my TV right now}..............I see it, I envision the reality of my healthy long tresses.

Yes! The underlined is so me right now. I envision a healthy thick shiny long mane too.:yep: I should be APL by now but between no-lye (I don't know why I didn't figure that one out sooner) and highlights I've set myself back 1.5 years. It helps stalking fotkis sometimes but then I think there's no point b/c it's not me.:lachen::wallbash: At the same time I drool over their luscious locks.

dlewis said:
Ladies it will happen. That's one of the reason I document my progress, so I can see where I've come from. With two major cuts, I thought it would take forever to get to APL. But now I know it just takes time, and more time. I'm hoping with my winter diet to gain alot more growth since I didn't get any extra growth this summer.
Your locks are gorgeous. Thank you for the advice and inspiration.