i KNOW how to rollerset, but i dont know how...

beana3

to keep a curl for more than 2days!!! i mean the first day my hair is kinda "up" at the roots and hasn't laid down yet, but still has a bend at the ends. the second day my roots calm down and i have a slight bend at the ends. the third day is sometimey for me...
correct me if im wrong but i think that they key to holding more of a curl is applying a styling aid to wet hair before the hair is put in rollers (ex B&S creamy set.. which i have a bit of, but im scared to death of using it) since my biggest problem in my routine is the finding a good leave in im kinda wary about putting a gel like substance on hair that is fragile when wet. ...
to ALL the ladies who rollerset what do you do at the leave in stage (just use a leave in and then rollerset.. avoiding applying an aid)??? have you found a good leave in that you prefer when roller setting??? should i be scared of th creamy set??? lol?

CHOCOLATECHILD

USE THE BLACK AND SASSY CREAM!!! It is great, it keeps your curls firm but soft...my roller sets last all week ( I was every week) I've read that some of the ladies here use the leave in by "Fantasia" (I may have spelled it wrong) I plan on picking up a bottle this weekend before I get my hair braided...DON'T BE SKAAARD!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif use the cream you'll really enjoy the results!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

A

AmilLion

I just used Arosci Leave-In Treatment for the first time and my hair's very bouncy and has retained most curl and it's been 2 days later.

When I get a roller set, I use only a leave-in Treatment and immediately afterwards, I wrap my hair. With the products I use now, I have to apply no moisturizer, no oil, no nothing. My hair 2 days still requires no moisture or sheen for shine because it naturally has it now.

But to what I was saying, wrap your hair, then use a fine tooth comb to help smooth (lay) your hair flat at the roots. The wrap itself should help retain a bend to the hair while flattening the hair that's standing straight out.

Also, try spraying leave-in conditioner on your hair when wrapping at night. No your hair will not become frizzy because in essence, its like wet wrapping your hair. Actually it should come out smoother and shiner the next morning.

I hope this helps.

Eyvonne7131

I have used several....

Revlon Lottabody Setting Lotion(pink solution)
Revlon Wrap N Tap Lotion
Revlon Wrap N Tap Cream (light setting cream )
Clairol Herbal Essence Intensive Blends Leave-in Cream

The first 3 you should be able to find at most Beauty Supply stores. The 1st and last one you can find at Walmart.

Good luck! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Pumpkin

I used KeraCare setting lotion for the first time. I had the same problem but KeraCare seemed to have solved it. I used Lottabody but it made my hair stiff.

Kitkat

I use Motions Nourishing Leave In conditioner (watery, not creamy) and Lottabody Setting Lotion. I prefer the blue liquid that comes in a white plastic bottle, but Lottabody also has a setting/wrapping cream that comes in a white jar with purple lettering and a purple cover. The combo of the leave in and the setting lotion work really well for my hair.

tc_333

KitKat,

That's an excellent idea. For my last set, I used the motions leave in....it came out nice and soft, but it didn't have any lasting power. I'm sure mixing it with the setting lotion will add some "hold" but the leave-in will help keep it soft and moisturized. Thanks for the tip! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

T