I love wetsets, but I hate the time to dry...

sweetcocoa

Am I the only one who gets impatient? I've decided to stick to the mesh wire rollers..although I don't always get as smooth a set as I get with the magnetic rollers, I can always wrap my hair when it's dry and smooth it out(except when I want curls). Does anyone have any tips for a smoother set on these? My hair dries so much faster when I use them.

G

What type of product are you setting your hair with? I find that if I use a so called setting lotion, potion, foam or gel that my hair takes MUCH longer to dry than if I set it with a leavin conditioner or my Paul Mitchell's foaming pomade.... I cut atleast a half hour off my "under the dryer" time. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Allandra

Sweetcocoa,

I don't mind the drying time. What I do mind is the time that it takes ME to roll my hair. Heck, the hair stylist can do it in no time. If I could only sit my head on the table, I bet it wouldn't take me as long. LOL. Oh well, not in this life time.

sweetcocoa

Thanks Caramela and Allandra. Allandra, you also use just a leave in, right? Maybe I'll try that the next time I set.

VALLEYGIRL

My hair comes out so much better when I roller et compared to when I blow dry. But I also get very impatient. Here is what I plan to do.
1 - Either start going to the beauty school every week and have them do it for me. I think they charge like $7 for a wet set. I plan on washing and deep conditioning myself at home then just go in and have them wash out the conditioner and then set and dry.
OR
2 - Buy one of those big dryers from Sally's.The upright ones on the wheels. They go for about $100. I believe they get hot like the one's in a salon. I know how to roll my hair pretty well on the rollers but THE DRYING TIME!!!
My Dominican stylist Nuris is the bomb but I can't afford (don't want to pay) $40 every week/every other week for something I can do myself.

I tried setting my hair with out the setting lotion and it came out fluffy...not nearly as smooth as with the lotion. Maybe b/c my hair is not relaxed. I will give it another try with just a leave in and see what happens. I'll try the New Image stuff and see.
Valleygirl

MSCHICHI

Valleygirl,

Does the extra-big one from Sallys have a soft bonnet, or is there any way to attach one instead of using a hard bonnet?

VALLEYGIRL

no , it is an upright salon hood dryer. Not the table top kind. It is big and has wheels.
I was trying to find a pic on the website but I can't.
Valleygirl

Kitkat

Sweetcocoa, I use Motions Nourishing Leave In conditioner and Lottabody setting lotion. I also use the wire mesh rollers. I get nice, crisp sets that last for about 2 days. I usually roller set at night, so I sleep in my rollers (which I hate!! /images/graemlins/mad.gif). But the hair is perfectly dry come morning.

A

AmilLion

Sally's has three hood dryers from what I can remember. One that's attached to this piece, but you have to buy the chair with it (this one's $138), the other it's the regular one you can find in a hair salon but it has wheels (this one's $100) and then you have the one that's shaped like a beehave which costs $238 at Sally's. Personally, i find Sally's to be a rip off. Why? Because the same hooddryer they sell for $238, I got from another beauty supply store for $179.99. It's the best dryer, dries my hair within 20-30. Its built for a speedy dry.