I made an afro wig

dyh080

This is me in my home made afro wig. Had to order the hair since no store carried it. It is synthetic but looks and feels like type 4 hair.

Attachments

• CIMG0575.jpg
    CIMG0575.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 150

dyh080

thanks everyone
I made it with Beverly Johnson synthetic kinky afro hair bought online from Hairsisters.
I got a weave cap,fit it to my head, placed it on a styrofoam head bought from Sallys. Then I cut pieces off the weft and used a latch hook to attach to the cap and knotted or braided slightly at the base to hold. It is very time consuming but I tried sewing it on but it didn't look as natural.
When I wear it people who know me think it's my hair.
I'm sorry you really can't see close up...I tried forever to post a big photo but somehow couldn't get it posted.( if you can, let me know how you do it).
Up close it looks like a chunky afro because I was afraid if I picked it out too much it would lose its kinkyness.
Thanks all!

Anew

thanks everyone
I made it with Beverly Johnson synthetic kinky afro hair bought online from Hairsisters.
I got a weave cap,fit it to my head, placed it on a styrofoam head bought from Sallys. Then I cut pieces off the weft and used a latch hook to attach to the cap and knotted or braided slightly at the base to hold. It is very time consuming but I tried sewing it on but it didn't look as natural.
When I wear it people who know me think it's my hair.
I'm sorry you really can't see close up...I tried forever to post a big photo but somehow couldn't get it posted.( if you can, let me know how you do it).
Up close it looks like a chunky afro because I was afraid if I picked it out too much it would lose its kinkyness.
Thanks all!
upload from photobucket or tinypic and copy/paste the link here

Its so natural looking BTW, pretty

dyh080

Re: I made an afro wig - I think this is a larger photo

oops, no it isn't

Last edited: