I want an afro.

Kurly K

Ok I want to rock an afro but the only way my hair will do it is with no product....problem is it feels so dry by the end of the day...r there any light moisturizer or sumthin that will allow me to still have and afro once it dries??? help please!!! my hair is a mixture of 3b/3c.... :sad:

Angkin73

I have 3c hair also,(i think, could be 4a, pretty sure its 3c tho). Any who. I love to wear an afro. I had one 2 days ago.

Heres how I do mine:
-I co-washed at night, and added my moisturizer and oils or what ever you like to add.
-The next morning I spritz my hiar with a conditioner water mix. Use what ever butter I like that day, and a touch of EVOO. (my hair is a damp, not dripping wet.) If its soaking wet it wont stand up right.
-Then I just pick it out. I pick and pat, and pick and pat till I get the shape I like.
Some times I will add a little more butter to be on the safe side.
My fro stayed very moisturized all day.
HTH Good luck!

Kurly K

thanx u i just dont like to pick or comb my hair....i dont ever comb my hair unless its straightened....my afro forms big curls that i like to keep picking and combing straightens my hair :sad: but mayb i could trie the water and condish spray

Angkin73

I know what you mean, I usually just finger comb mine. Thats why I don't wear an afro as often as I would like to. I pick it the same way as you do when you detangle. From tips to root. I only see a few shead hair where I hadn't detangled in a while. But, picking is the only way I can get a fro.
I don't think the conditioner mix will do it without adding sumthing else to it. That will just curl it up more. At least it does mine when I just use it alone.
Sorry I was more help. There was a thread on here about afros, where someone was asking people to post there afro pictures. and how they did them.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=237757&highlight=afro

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=238339&highlight=afro

Ms Lala

I usually rollerset my hair and either sit under the dryer or let it airdry for a nice fro. Your hair is more fine than mine so rollersetting might make it too straight, I"m not sure. My hair just flops over now so I have to stick w/puffs, I can't rock a free fro anymroe.

Kurly K

I GAVE UP THIS IS SUCCESSFUL!!! SO I DECIDED TO TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT....MY AFRO......NO PRODUCT=AFRO.....ILL JUS DC TONYTE

Attachments

• n5727454_39341805_3601.jpg
    n5727454_39341805_3601.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 14
  • n5727454_39341807_5702.jpg
    n5727454_39341807_5702.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 19