I made an appointment for a trim

mj11051

But for the first time since I've been natural I plan to get my hair blown out and flat ironed so I can see the length. Is this a bad idea? Or should I not be worried about it?:sad:

EmpressRI this all your fault.lol

Last edited:

TexturedTresses

i think you should fine as long as you use a heat protectant. i can't wait to see a picture. oh and also, don't use too much heat.

wish4length

Be prepared to have some length taken away. I'm assuming you've been natural for a while, so some of your ends may be split

mj11051

Laws Concept
1009 E. 43rd St.
Seeing a lady named Susan.

Now you know me and you know I'll be watching her like a hawk and asking a thousand questions.:grin:

Junebug D

I just had mine pressed and trimmed today. The stylist showed me the difference between my ends and the rest of the hair, and I saw why it was necessary to do it. I asked her if they were just dry or if they were split, she said they were split. She cut off 1/2 inch today, but she said I should come back to have another inch trimmed off sometime in the next 6 weeks. :sad:

They did look & feel pretty bad. I dusted my ends back in October, but that wasn't enough. I hadn't really trimmed since I did my last big chop though, so I wasn't expecting any good news. She told me to stop wearing puffs and that I need to condition more to avoid nasty ends, but that I need to go ahead and cut off the ends that are already dead. :sad:

BTW, I went to Marie at Sedwic's, 63rd & Stony.