I Mastered the Art of Airdrying!!

lovebug10

Let me tell you how great this feels! I am relaxed and I always thought air drying made me shed more and gave me more breakage. I swore that rollersets were the only way to keep my hair from breaking. I was WRONG!

I followed the advice from this blog post: http://www.justgrowalready.com/2011/10/air-drying-bun.html (i think the blogger is a LHCF member)

I needed a wash and I was running low on funds. I already had V05 conditioner so I decided to try the V05 Shampoo. I used the strawberries and cream one. I parted my hair to the side, which is the way I usually wear it. I figured it would be easier to keep it parted from the beginning then do it when it as wet and create tangles. I then split my hair into 4 sections. I wased each section one at a time with the V05 shampoo 2x then rinsed and put some of the conditioner on & tied it up before moving to the next section. Then I took out each of the sections one at a time and added a bit more conditioner and then rinsed it out and tied it up with a hair clip.

My hair was soft as SILK after using this conditioner. The shampoo left my hair a little hard and stripped but it was nothing that the conditioner didn't fix. I then had four pontytails on my head. I squeeze the water out with a towel. Then I moisturized each section one by one. I used HE LTR and paul mitchell super skinny serum to give it some slip. Detangled each section and then when it was all done, I put it back into a bun like in the blog post and tied my scarf to lay down the edges. Also that little metal hair clip works wonders & minimizes breakage!

At night I put my hair back into four sections and moisturized each section. I made sure to focus on the new growth and the ends. And then I braided each section and put on a silk scarf. I took out my hair and had a JUICY braid out. Except I forgot to take a pic and combed it out into a big puff. My hair is now brushed back and I clipped it with a big jaw clip instead of bunning because I think that the hair ties are putting too much stress on my hair.

Wash day was literally a breeze and took 1 hr for everything. And at night it was like 10-15 minutes. I'm deffinitely going to do this every week and see what progress I get.

I decided to share because I know people are so quick so say "XYZ doesn't work for me." Before you eliminate something make sure you're doing everything right. For instance, my first air dry I washed all my hair at once, let it all out to dry without any leave ins and then wondered why it was crunchy and hard and tangled.:rolleyes:

BostonMaria

I was just thinking of doing this. I have a conference on Monday but I won't be able to rollerset before heading out to Washington. I was thinking of bringing my bonnet dryer and putting my hair into maybe 20 bantu knots and see what happens. Its either that or co-wash every morning and since I'm working a 13 hour shift for 4 days that's just not doable.

@lovebug10 Glad to hear it worked well for you!! :yep:

againstallodds I am subscribing to your blog. Your hair is beauuuuuutiful :drunk: