I met a lurker today...

MrsQueeny

Today I got a phone call from my hairdresser. She said there is someone that wants to meet you. She told me that the young lady was natural and wanted some tips. I was at a practice and later showed up at the salon. I met a beautiful young lady who was born in Nigeria, grew up in England and also lived in Minn. She asked a couple of questions and then asked "do you use henna (first lightbulb)?". I stopped and asked her where did she hear about henna. She told me that she visited a couple of boards and lurked but never joined. As the conversation went on, she mentioned different oils and mixing them (second lightbulb)etc and I told her that I was a member of a board. She looked and me and said "longhaircareforum". I said yes how did you know?

She also mentioned a friend of hers but I can't remember if the friend was a member or a lurker too. I told her that she should become a member and to look up my info and check out my fotki for pics since I am on the HYHTAF challenge. She was getting her hair pressed and it looked sooo beautiful. I was tempted to take out my braids and say screw it to the challenge but resisted the urge.

So to the beautiful sister I met today, HEYYYYY. I hope you come out of lurking and join. You have some beautiful skin too so come on and share your tips with all of the ladies. Q

Last edited:

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Very cool. I think this is the first "confirmed bumping into" of 2 LHCFers. We've had ladies to suspect that someone was one of us, but never found out for sure.

Mystic

Girl, you sure know how to get people out of lurk mode.......

queeny20 said:
Today I got a phone call from my hairdresser. She said there is someone that wants to meet you. She told me that the young lady was natural and wanted some tips. I was at a practice and later showed up at the salon. I met a beautiful young lady who was born in Nigeria, grew up in England and also lived in Minn. She asked a couple of questions and then asked "do you use henna (first lightbulb)?". I stopped and asked her where did she hear about henna. She told me that she visited a couple of boards and lurked but never joined. As the conversation went on, she mentioned different oils and mixing them (second lightbulb)etc and I told her that I was a member of a board. She looked and me and said "longhaircareforum". I said yes how did you know?

She also mentioned a friend of hers but I can't remember if the friend was a member or a lurker too. I told her that she should become a member and to look up my info and check out my fotki for pics since I am on the HYHTAF challenge. She was getting her hair pressed and it looked sooo beautiful. I was tempted to take out my braids and say screw it to the challenge but resisted the urge.

So to the beautiful sister I met today, HEYYYYY. I hope you come out of lurking and join. You have some beautiful skin too so come on and share your tips with all of the ladies. Q

blackbarbie

I told you all we should have a "secret hand/hair signal" to know whether someone frequents the board or not. Tug on your left lock or something:grin: