I MISS IT SO BAD......

Mandy4610

I miss my hair so much, tomorrow will be a week after the BC. Doing my hair on the weekend was one of my favourite things, it was a relaxing activity, like a way to get rid of all the stresses of the week. I always did my hair in the morning and spent the afternoon doing something else. Now, I can't do anything with my TWA, I don't know what to do with a TWA.
If I had known i would miss my hair so bad, I would not have cut it.
I know I sound like I have no life, but I just found that styling my hair and doing this and that with it on the weekend was a relaxing thing for me.
Now what do I do?:wallbash::wallbash:
I want my hair back:wallbash::wallbash:

Focus on giving some tlc to other parts of your body. How about a pedicure at home, facial, or doing your nails. You may find yourself being able to accomplish a long list of "to do's" that you have never been able to get to before.

Focus on giving some tlc to other parts of your body. How about a pedicure at home, facial, or doing your nails. You may find yourself being able to accomplish a long list of "to do's" that you have never been able to get to before.
Sounds good, I should try this. I am so mad at myself for being upset about this, its hair. I didn't think it would make me upset.

It will grow back! I am an advocate of the BC! I BC'd down to .25 of inch and dont regret it because I did not have all that transitioning hassle. Enjoy the feeling of the shower on your scalp and watch your all natural hair sprout up like weeds. Have fun trying different cheapie condish for cowashing. Throw on some earrings and put on some makeup and have a ball. Take advantage of no/low hassle hair. Sleep in the extra minutes you used on your hair in the mornings.

Think of this as your brief break. Because it will be brief and your hair will be back better than ever. **hugs**

I would try all different types of scalp treatments! Focus on getting your scalp as healthy as possible with massages using differnet types of oils and think of it this way, now what ever treatment you use on your scalp is going to go directly to the scalp, you don't have to worry about all that hair getting in the way:drunk:

i think maye u romantisized teh whole c...i know i did when i did it it was also a bit impuslsive though i had een thinking bout it on and off i just thought to myself WHY NOT got teh siccors out and chopped i was thrilled at first at twirling my curls in my hand and was very fascinated by it but then after a while it wore off i missed my hair felt like i made a mistake and that i could have given my hair a chance before cutting it n that i was too impulsive ( im quite impulsive in everything i do :look:) but when it started growing things got better so focus on something else now ITA with silkii

I would try all different types of scalp treatments! Focus on getting your scalp as healthy as possible with massages using differnet types of oils and think of it this way, now what ever treatment you use on your scalp is going to go directly to the scalp, you don't have to worry about all that hair getting in the way:drunk:
Thank you, I like this idea very much.:grin:

i think maye u romantisized teh whole c...i know i did when i did it it was also a bit impuslsive though i had een thinking bout it on and off i just thought to myself WHY NOT got teh siccors out and chopped i was thrilled at first at twirling my curls in my hand and was very fascinated by it but then after a while it wore off i missed my hair felt like i made a mistake and that i could have given my hair a chance before cutting it n that i was too impulsive ( im quite impulsive in everything i do :look:) but when it started growing things got better so focus on something else now ITA with silkii
This is exactly how I feel. I think I was impulsive, even though I had thought about it on and off. I also feel that I could have given my hair more time to shape up:ohwell::perplexed. Thanks for this, I am not alone then.:grin:

This is exactly how I feel. I think I was impulsive, even though I had thought about it on and off. I also feel that I could have given my hair more time to shape up:ohwell::perplexed. Thanks for this, I am not alone then.:grin:

I remember your excitement over your BC in the other thread and was hoping that this wouldn't happen to you. But like the other ladies said, this is just a temporary point in your hair journey. You have a rare opportunity to really observe your hair and growth patterns and figure out what works best for you.

The only thing I would caution against is using too many headbands (the tight ones that don't have good circulation) so that you don't start thinning around your temple area. I see that happen with a lot of people who have TWA's. (((Hugs))) and good luck on your journey.

I noticed i started doing this more as well. Even though i have about 6 inches stretched so technically that doesn't count as a twa, i find myself making myself extra pretty on those days that im alittle unsure about my hair and start to feel regret about chopping.

That's a great suggestion! With the nail fanatics being on round 8 in OT, you could probably become a master at the pedicure/manicure. :lol:

Don't worry, it'll grow back! And you'll be able to play with it like you used to. :yep: I agree with OAHQ...enjoy this time because once you have that long, thick mane, there will be days when you *wish* you could back to this time.

This feeling will pass, believe me. I just did the BC about two months ago. The first couple of days I was in shock, then for about a week or so, I was having severe buyers remorse. "I should have waited longer!" "I look like a boy!"

Listen to what OAHQ said about feeling the water on your scalp in the shower. It is one of the most amazing feelings and it only lasts a couple of weeks. I miss it. Find different ways to dress your hair up. Use headbands, and ribbons, wear earrings and step up your makeup/fashion game.

I used to spend about 4 hours a week on my hair with the washing, DCing, rollersetting, flatironing roots, saran wrapping and sitting under the dryer. Now I have all of this extra time on my hands! My hair takes less than 5 minutes now. This means I get to relax more before work and I have my offdays to dedicate to more things.

Enjoy it! Your hair will grow like a weed now.

You're experiencing what I call "Big Chop Shock". All I can humbly add is that this shall pass and to apply the suggestions that others have so graciously shared.

This too shall pass.... (((HUGS)))

This feeling will pass, believe me. I just did the BC about two months ago. The first couple of days I was in shock, then for about a week or so, I was having severe buyers remorse. "I should have waited longer!" "I look like a boy!"

Listen to what OAHQ said about feeling the water on your scalp in the shower. It is one of the most amazing feelings and it only lasts a couple of weeks. I miss it. Find different ways to dress your hair up. Use headbands, and ribbons, wear earrings and step up your makeup/fashion game.

I used to spend about 4 hours a week on my hair with the washing, DCing, rollersetting, flatironing roots, saran wrapping and sitting under the dryer. Now I have all of this extra time on my hands! My hair takes less than 5 minutes now. This means I get to relax more before work and I have my offdays to dedicate to more things.

Enjoy it! Your hair will grow like a weed now.
You where my BC inspiration. I remember going WOW, when you posted you pics. You look really nice. The TWA suits you. Thanks for the encouragement.

OT but i need to proof read more geesh :perplexed

I cut my hair as short as yours when I went natural and what I did is got some cute hair scarves to tie around my head, some big earrings, and experimented with makeup, I really enjoyed not having to focus on my hair so much. Enjoy each stage of your natural journey, trust me honey, you won't be at this stage for long.

Play around with your make up or go for a workout. When I in a sour mood both of these cheer me up. You may just need a little something to make you feel your femininity. Try doing your make up, getting some really hot flashy earings, and putting on your favorite heels and WORK IT!! You'll be thinking "Hair?! What hair? I don't need no stinking hair taking away form all this." :grin:
Cheers! Hope you feel better

You where my BC inspiration. I remember going WOW, when you posted you pics. You look really nice. The TWA suits you. Thanks for the encouragement.

Aww thank you! :kiss:

My BC inspiration was lauren450. Her hair was longer than mine after her BC, but whenever I feel discouraged or sad, I just stalk her fotki for more inspiration. I aspire to have the hair she has now by the end of the year.

Earrings and a little extra makeup will do wonders for your confidence, not to mention making you look more feminine. Stepping it up in the fashion department will help you feel better about not having your longer hair. I think the BC looks great on you. ;)

Aww thank you! :kiss:

My BC inspiration was lauren450. Her hair was longer than mine after her BC, but whenever I feel discouraged or sad, I just stalk her fotki for more inspiration. I aspire to have the hair she has now by the end of the year.

Earrings and a little extra makeup will do wonders for your confidence, not to mention making you look more feminine. Stepping it up in the fashion department will help you feel better about not having your longer hair. I think the BC looks great on you. ;)
I went and stalked Lauren450's fotki. WOW, her hair was beautiful relaxed and even more beautiful now. If I think about how much hair she had to cut off, I really have nothing to complain about. That was a BC indeed.

Back