I need a greasy leave in!!

soslychic

I know. This is the weirdest question you all may have ever heard, but it seems that my new growth only responds to greasy stuff. When I put my s curl (which I don't consider greasy) or other moisturizers on my hair, the relaxed part responds, my the curly part just lays there feeling dry. So one day I snuck (yes snuck, from who? who knows) a tiny bit of vaseline on my new growth and it waved up and shined and didn't feel dry. Now I would never dream of putting vaseline on my whole head (even when I am napptural) because that would make it fall limp and look greasy, but right now I'm looking for a very thick moisturizier that some may consider greasy. (And by greasy, I don't neccesarily mean that it has to have petroleum or mineral oil in it. )And if it's too greasy, I'm sure I can just mix it with some s curl or water to tone it down. But I wash my hair so often, I just don't know how it could leave a build up. Yes, I am in search of a greasy moisturizer!

soslychic

Are you refering to the spray? Believe it or not, that did nothing for my hair BUT make it greasy. I know it goes against the theme of my orignal post, but that was just greasy with NO moisturizing effects
I need the moisture too

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Try Black & Sassy Oil Sheen Spray. I've never used it. My cousin likes it on her braids (no extensions).

You may also want to try a heavy pomade like Kemi Oyl Shea Butter Pomade or CD Healthy Hair Butter. Mijara Natural Hair Treatment & Conditioner is nice, too.
It looks like hair grease, but it uses beeswax and parafin as stabilizers instead of petrolatum. They are listed near the middle of the ingredient list.

jainygirl

[ QUOTE ]
soslychic said:
Are you refering to the spray? Believe it or not, that did nothing for my hair BUT make it greasy. I know it goes against the theme of my orignal post, but that was just greasy with NO moisturizing effects
I need the moisture too

[/ QUOTE ]

It really is beyond greasy
what i do to use it is 50% sta sof fro and 50% water. this helped to stop the "activator" feel i was getting trying to use it at full strength
HTH--jainygirl

Boadicea

GinGro Wonder 8 Oil
REDKEN Smooth Down Heat Glide you don't have to use heat on your hair to use this. It's not really greasy, per se, but if you put enough of it on, it may be. It's also very moisturizing.

inthepink

Add some proclaim 7 oil to your leave-ins or use a creamy moisturizer on your new growth like healthy hair butter.

Karonica

I know how you feel sos as far as the greasy thang. I'm the same way, but I don't need a greasy leave-in. I just use Infusium's Leave-In.

metalkitty

Definately, Worlds Of Curls leave in for extra dry hair. Works wonders and gets really greasy if you use enough which may be a good thing. However avoid FUBU's hair and scalp moisturizer, bad greasy, just sits there and doesn't moisurize.