I need advice!...thanks in advance.

IMFOCSD

I have been self relaxing my hair(every 12+ wks) for a while and I have noticed that my hair strands have two textures...straight and wavy/texlaxed. I wanted to know if this could eventually cause breakage? and what I can do to prevent any damage or breakage? or is this issue no big deal...thanks again!

Your hair should be fine. Search the word 'texlax' and read up on how to care for that type of hair. Or search 'transitioning hair'. And pay close attention to your ends of course and try to avoid tangles.

Your hair should be fine. Search the word 'texlax' and read up on how to care for that type of hair. Or search 'transitioning hair'. And pay close attention to your ends of course and try to avoid tangles.

thank you for responding! I will do that, I noticed that each strand of hair has bone straight and wavy textures on one strand smh, I dunno how I did that.

I don't think this is a big deal as long as you don't mind. I have a section of hair that has a texture like that.

To combat breakage, I dc with motions cpr once a week. It's a mild protein. Also be sure you keep your hair moisturized and limit the use of direct heat.

Hope that helps!

Sent from my Comet using Long Hair Care Forum App

Thanks so much, this is good. I was concerned because I noticed that my hair is more dry (which we all know leads to breakage) after it has been washed and dried. I will DC more often and use my scurl more frequent. I wear my hair protected 80-90% of the time..im lazy lol.

Back