I need moistuizer!!

JaszG

I cannot find a good moisturizer for my hair! I've been trying a lot of things, and they are either to greasy and gunky, or just totally suck. Right now I have that Cantu hot mess of a moistuizer. I can't stand it. It makes my hair feel hard....The only time my hair feels good to me is when I have conditioner in it. What is my problem?? I'm sick of this mess!

MCMLXXII

Water is the best moisturizer! :grin: Try sealing in moisture with coconut oil. It's lite unlike castor oil.

TrustMeLove

Giovanni Direct Leave In (Cream)

And when I was relaxed I used sprays and sealed with a light oil. So Motions Leave In Detangler Spray. Or a water and glycerin mixture. I would than seal with Jojoba oil.

morehairplease

Have you tried the Silk Elements silken child at Sally's, or Jane Carter nourish and shine, or the Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 activator? If not, try those b/c alot of the ladies on the board rave about them as being great moisturizers. I have tried the silken child and 14 in 1 and they keep my hair moisturized.

hths,
tishee

Dommo

I love the Burdock Root Butter Cream by qhemet biologics....my hair feels so soft and moisturized with it and still has movement...

chocolatethai

i really like Nuetragena triple moisture silk touch it's really light but leaves my hair soft and moisturized, and it smells good :)

Nonie

Have you tried SCurl spray, straight not mixed w/ anything? May take a night of bagging for it to feel good but it is my favorite moisturizer and the only one I use when using moisturizers.

Kimiche

I cannot find a good moisturizer for my hair! I've been trying a lot of things, and they are either to greasy and gunky, or just totally suck. Right now I have that Cantu hot mess of a moistuizer. I can't stand it. It makes my hair feel hard....The only time my hair feels good to me is when I have conditioner in it. What is my problem?? I'm sick of this mess!

So I wasn't the only one whose hair it made hard. I hate that mess. I am currently using Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 Miracle Worker which was recommended by Tiffers. So far so good.

DarkHair

Last night I got a little Elasta QP Mango Butter and a dab of Neutrogena Triple Moisture leave-in...OMG my hair feels good.

Artemis

Cantu is a protein-based moisturizer, so you need a moisture-based one instead, that's all.

I like Paul Mitchell The Conditioner (leave-in) as a daily moisturizer. Or you could use a spray leave-in lightly over the hair and seal with oil.

Good luck on finding one :up:

Jhunt-smith

are u relaxed?? dark & lovely has this purple bottle, some kind of moisture seal thats AMAZING. i have the THIRSTIEST hair ever. but what i do (im relaxed) is add evoo, tea tree oil, && castor oil && a good leave in, add that to mane & tail conditioner. condition hair, towel dry, put in olive oil replenishing pack, add heat for 25 min or go dry for 60 min. then rinse that out with cold, cold water && lemon juice. towel dry then add the dark && lovely. that has quenched my hairs thirst.... which is the first time. i also put the stuff in the purple dark & lovely bottle on dry hair everynight before i wrap my hair. i heanna'd my hair yesterday && put that stuff in it && its more moisturized than when i air dry my hair . lastly, u should invest in a charcoal filter for ur shower head. its in the plumbing aisle of home depot, i dont know about other stores tho....

bee

Thanks to tiffers, the 14 n 1, is my favorite moisturizer. When I cowash, I spray it on my roots, apply cantu leave-in (so far, so good) and seal with vaseline.

I'm wearing a braidout until spring; so, I braid my hair (slightly damp), and my roots and ends are always soft.

If nothing else, try the 14 n 1--it works!

gissellr78

I use a dab of Qp Mango butter (just a dab) and it moisturizes and doesnt weigh my hair down.....I also use a bit of Biosilk

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 Miracle Worker!!!! :woot:

S-Curl is good too, but not as good as 14 in 1 :grin:

If you wanna order online, qhemet and hairveda have GREAT moisturizers :yep:

tuffCOOKiE

Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 Miracle Worker!!!! :woot:

S-Curl is good too, but not as good as 14 in 1 :grin:

If you wanna order online, qhemet and hairveda have GREAT moisturizers :yep:

How do you use the S curl or the Hawaian Silky? do you just spray it in your hair? I've used Scurl and I feel that when it dries it makes my hair hard- do you mix it with anything? Maybe I'm using too much bc that Scurl bottle sprays a LOT on your hair.