I Need Some Clarification

chicamorena

Okay I've been wondering about this for a long time. Is it absolutely necessary to use a strong protein treatment like Aphogee in your regime. Before joining this forum, I never even thought about using a strong protein conditioner. My hair really doesn't break a whole lot, just a little when it's time for my touch up. So I was wondering if I need to include one in my regime. I usually use the got2b emergencee reconstructor as my protein treatment.

Nonie

A reconstructor = protein + moisture... so it does the same thing a protein does (strengthen the hair) without being as risky (in terms of drying) as a pure protein conditioner but it does even more because it also provides moisture, so saves you the extra step of following that with a moisturizing conditioner like you'd HAVE to if you used a pure protein conditioner.

So the answer to your question is NO, you do not need to get a pure protein conditioner if you have a reconstructor and if you aren't experiencing breakage. Means what you're doing is working: You aren't getting breakage so "don't fix what ain't broke(n)."

NAY007

i use one sometimes..well i used to use it on a regular basis (twice a month). but my hair was doing good without it.