Which protein treatment do you use after a relaxer?

clarity2008

I am planning on texturizing my hair on Sunday. Which protein treatment should I use after I rinse, Nexxus Emergencee or Aphogee 2 Minute Keratin Reconstructor??? TIA

BeautifulFlower

I either use Nexxuss Keraphix or Aphogee 2-min Keratin. I find the Keraphix is much stronger than the 2-min in that it causes a bit of reversion. So I use 2-min more often.

HappyHairDreams

I use Aphogee 2-min. I believe Emergencee has specific instructions on the bottle NOT to use it after a relaxer? I could be wrong but you would want to make sure if that's the product you're leaning toward.

PureSilver

My last relaxer which was on Sunday i used Aphogee's 2min Recon immediately after the relaxer and i went under the dryer for about 15min.

HoneyDew

I don't have one that I prefer.

Right now, Joico K-pak is in rotation. It works, low pH (a plus), and is easy to work into my freshly relaxed hair without a lot of manipulation.

ichephren

Emergencee will revert your hair if you use it after a relaxer!! I use whatever I have on hand that's a medium to light protein (ex. keraphix, joico, or duo tex for 3mins)

LovinLea

affirm 5 in 1. i just like it because part of it's directions say to use it as a relaxer step 2. i know that doesn't matter.

i think i like the way the aphogee 2 min felt better, though.

gissellr78

I am planning on texturizing my hair on Sunday. Which protein treatment should I use after I rinse, Nexxus Emergencee or Aphogee 2 Minute Keratin Reconstructor??? TIA

I absolutely LOVE Nexxus Emergencee...it leaves my hair strong (less breakage) yet SOFT.

I love 2 minite also but is a very light protein

gissellr78

I use Aphogee 2-min. I believe Emergencee has specific instructions on the bottle NOT to use it after a relaxer? I could be wrong but you would want to make sure if that's the product you're leaning toward.

Good catch! i actually called and is not to be used the day of the relaxer...you can use it before or after

clarity2008

Maybe I should read product labels more often lol. Thanks a lot for the info, you saved me from a potential disaster!

luvn_life

I uses ApHogee R min today... it felt soooo good. it was like the perfect amount of protein for me to handle. Its the first time I ever used it after a realxer but it is definitely a staple.

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
Can mega-tek be used after a relaxer, because I been using it as my protein/growth aid. I guess if you can't then I'll just use my Aphogee 2-min