I need your help finding a gel thread!

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
There was a thread I believe about laying edges down. There was a lady in there who said that she found a gel, but only on her trips to Mexico or something to get this gel. The gel was alcohol free and she swore by this gel. It was clear and called something XTREME. If you know what thread I'm talking about, please let me know the name so I can find it or PLEASE post the link to it. I believe I may have found the same gel in a dollar store! TIA

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
here is a link to the gel itself that chicoro used in her tutorial:

http://www.spbeautysupply.com/wetlixtexhos.html
Thanks! Yep, I found the same stuff in the dollar store. 8.8 oz jars in clear, blue, and green gels. I don't think there's any difference in each but the color. I got 1, in clear, to check it out because I remember Chicoro was saying how good the stuff was. I'm currently doing co-wash, bunning, and airdrying so a good gel is worth it to me ATM. I also use Fantasia IC gel. Thanks again ladies.

Geminigirl

You found it in the dolllar tree or the dollar general? I have been looking for a good gel. I just stopped using them I have been so discouraged I hate when they make my hair hard...anyways let me know where you got yours at.

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
You found it in the dolllar tree or the dollar general? I have been looking for a good gel. I just stopped using them I have been so discouraged I hate when they make my hair hard...anyways let me know where you got yours at.
I found it at DollarTree. I haven't used it yet, but it smells yummy :yep:

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
I was looking for this gel for so long.
PM'ing you!
I was looking for it forever too! I couldn't find it anywhere, I went into Dollar Tree for cheap conditioner and found it in the same aisle! I was so excited... I KNEW it was the same one. I got one, just to come onto here and make sure it was the same one. Yep, it is:

Geminigirl

are you natural hairapy? cause I am not and so I hope my hair lays down as good as hers lol...plus she's a different texture it seems..

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
are you natural hairapy? cause I am not and so I hope my hair lays down as good as hers lol...plus she's a different texture it seems..
Nope, I'm relaxed. But either way, all you have to do is put the gel on, and tie your hair down for alittle while to make your hair lay :yep: My natural texture is 2PZ and it (gen in general) even works well when it's time for a touch-up. It makes your hair lay and I have a pretty wavy pattern in my hair.

ETA:: I'm going to use it tomorrow morning, come in this thread and give a review on it.

Last edited:

Geminigirl

the problem with that is my hair tends to roll back up if I sweat even after the scarf. I couldn't find it in my local dollar tree so I bought a big tub of mega hold...yellow and it made my hair kinda hard. I followed her tutorial but maybe it's the gel I picked...a plus is my edges did kinda stay layed down I just don't like the semi crunchy feel.

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
Okay, so I used the gel this morning on my wet hair w/ conditioner in it for my bun. I let my hair airdry in the bun- that's my protective style. Anyway, I put it on, it has a nice smell and texture. I use my brush to smooth my hair back and the stuff isn't too thick to brush back and I didn't get any white residue that I get with some stuff having conditioner in my hair. The pic below is of my hair right after I put my wet hair into a bun. I am now at work, about 2 hours later. The top of my hair is dry and the gel has hold, but is not rock hard. Even though I have a fresh perm, I have just a faint wave pattern in my hair after applying the gel- I don't know if the gel did it or how my perm took, but I like it anyway because it looks nice. After I took the pic, I tied my hair down for about 1/2 hour and was good to go. OH, when I use some gels, I notice I have residue when they dry, there was none with this gel. I have a nice shine too! I likey:yep:

ETA:: :think:I'm thinking if there's a market on here for this gel... I'm wondering if I should buy up a bunch to sell for LHCF members or ebay members...

Last edited: